Yingluck Told Le Monde She Would Shop In Paris

webfact

dam_n Yingluck - that's a terrible outfit. Might be good on a woman 15 years older....

Please get something a bit more flattering in Paris...

On the contrary, the conservative outfit was appropriate for a formal state visit. She looked rather elegant.

It may come as a shcok to you, but many ladies do not wear flip flops and a sun dress to formal events.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dam_n Yingluck - that's a terrible outfit. Might be good on a woman 15 years older....

On the contrary, the conservative outfit was appropriate for a formal state visit. She looked rather elegant.

It may come as a shcok to you, but many ladies do not wear flip flops and a sun dress to formal events.

I'm no fashion follower but I do think she looks very dowdy and should get a better dresser.

She also dismissed reports that her fugitive brother; Thaksin, is behind her administration, saying "it's almost been a year since I became prime minister. If I had to depend on my brother for everything, I wouldn't have made it through."

She also refuted that she is in permanent contact with him, or that she is only here to recite a script that is written in Dubai. "I use my own qualities as a leader in power. I need his support, yes, but the clear message that I send to everyone is this: I am the prime minister," according to Le Monde.

Mmmh, how does not depending on big brother match with 'I need his support'? If she's really independent she doesn't need the support of a fugitive who can only be reached by phone.

BTW what's the duty-free allowance for luxury goods bought abroad ?

If I had to depend on my brother for everything, I wouldn't have made it through.

What has she "made it through"? Floods? Constitutional amendments? Allegations of incompetence?

I use my own qualities as a leader in power.

Leadership qualities? You mean like shopping? Funny... I haven't heard Aug San Suu Kyi talk about shopping... and she's been under house arrest for decades!

What's the duty-free allowance for luxury goods bought abroad?

No limit if you just slap the customs officer around the ears!

• Like 2

Shopping in Paris? Whatever next, eating food, breathing?!

Hasn't anyone told Yingluck that as Thai PM her actions are constantly under scrutiny by TV members with too much time on their hands and an axe to grind?!

I particularly like the inane, how much rice could she have bought the poor of Isaan for the money that dress cost, posts! Yes, quite, from now on the Government of Thailand should dress in brown paper bags, much like the US Government do to show solidarity to the poor of the US... get a grip, this is non news.

I don't know a single female that wouldn't do some shopping while in Paris... I guess she should have said, I'm getting straight on the plane after, your food is terrible, the weather's terrible and as a people I can't stand to be around you a moment longer than I have to, you all stink of garlic and have egos the size of a 747 on your shoulders.... couldn't just be a simple pleasantry could it?!

BRAVO...BRAVO!!!clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You are right, but her outfit only fits with Angela Merkel.

Why she didn't chose the Haute Couture of Thailand as a messenger for the good products of Thai Culture?

Shopping for what? Thailand already has fake products of France.

Obama use Springcourt shoes of France, made in Thailand under licence.

Edited by lungmi

Hasn't anyone told Yingluck that as Thai PM her actions are constantly under scrutiny by TV members with too much time on their hands and an axe to grind?!

I particularly like the inane, how much rice could she have bought the poor of Isaan for the money that dress cost, posts! Yes, quite, from now on the Government of Thailand should dress in brown paper bags, much like the US Government do to show solidarity to the poor of the US... get a grip, this is non news.

I don't know a single female that wouldn't do some shopping while in Paris... I guess she should have said, I'm getting straight on the plane after, your food is terrible, the weather's terrible and as a people I can't stand to be around you a moment longer than I have to, you all stink of garlic and have egos the size of a 747 on your shoulders.... couldn't just be a simple pleasantry could it?!

BRAVO...BRAVO!!!clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

With so many poor people in Thailand, I wouldn't tell people about how I'm gonna go shopping in Paris if I were the Prime minister here.

The economy back in the UK has gone to the dogs. I don't expect to hear Cameron talking about shopping in Paris anytime soon. And Cameron is a wan***.

• Like 1

With so many poor people in Thailand, I wouldn't tell people about how I'm gonna go shopping in Paris if I were the Prime minister here.

The economy back in the UK has gone to the dogs. I don't expect to hear Cameron talking about shopping in Paris anytime soon. And Cameron is a wan***.

Ah, but her big brother who's still remembered fondly in certain parts of Thailand also went shopping in Paris, lastly May, 2010 if I remember correctly. Now I also understand the remark in the OP "I need his support". It must refer to tips where best to buy wink.png

I'm no fashion follower but I do think she looks very dowdy and should get a better dresser.

She was there for government business, not to attract the interest of horny adolescents.

This thread is rife with a double standard. No one comments on a man's suit, but all of a sudden we have Coco Chanel wannabes denigrating the vivacious and delightful PM Yingluck. I guarantee that this dress suit will become popular in Bangkok high society.

Many said Mrs. Thatcher dressed in a dowdy style too, but she got the job done didn't she?

This poor woman can do no right in the eyes of some. Had she gone sleeveless ala Michelle Obama she'd be called a hussy.

Compare her style to Mrs. Merkel and one sees the beauty and elegance of Thailand that delights. The PM has style.

You go girl as they say in the 'hood.

She was there for government business, not to attract the interest of horny adolescents.

This thread is rife with a double standard. No one comments on a man's suit, but all of a sudden we have Coco Chanel wannabes denigrating the vivacious and delightful PM Yingluck. I guarantee that this dress suit will become popular in Bangkok high society.

Many said Mrs. Thatcher dressed in a dowdy style too, but she got the job done didn't she?

This poor woman can do no right in the eyes of some. Had she gone sleeveless ala Michelle Obama she'd be called a hussy.

Compare her style to Mrs. Merkel and one sees the beauty and elegance of Thailand that delights. The PM has style.

I stopped at the first part of your first sentence, as it was already misleading

Are these the words of someone who Od'd on Geritol......a la Lawrence Welk...whistling.gif

That outfit could be very pretty, but it is mis-tailored.....and misfit..... It actually looks like there is a huge loop sewn in the collar just behind her neck, which they use to place her on the wall hook when she is not in use.....

Seriously..... properly fit and tailored it would be a very attractive outfit , IMO

Edited by Gonzo the Face
  • Like 2

Yingluck dresses to the occasion as she has done here. If you want to comment on bad dress have a look at the Australian PM Julia Gillard and what she wears on a daily basis, talk about bad taste.

If I was in Paris on Government business and had the opportunity to shop I would also do the same as Yingluck.

As far as cash flow goes, she is the Prime Minister of Thailand and well paid, apart from having a wealthy family. Money would not be a problem.

Yes why not keep in touch with your Brother, after all he is her brother and if he has some constructive information or criticism to make to her, it would be in her interest to listen and make her own mind up. Has no one here learnt from other peoples experience and their mistakes?

Edited by OZEMADE