Bangkok Bank Run Around?

I tried to send this issue direct to Bangkok Bank via its ibank 'secure' email but since it doesn't permit pasting and has a timeout I was unable to do so.

About 3 weeks ago I applied for internet banking for my Baht and FCA accounts at a branch. I was told that an email would be sent within a few days and that a PIN would be mailed in 2 weeks.

Neither has happened.

I phoned head office and was first told that the application had been returned to the branch. After I asked why, I was told that the application had not been received at head office.

It was suggested that I apply via ATM. I did this but the FCA does not appear.

I phoned the branch and was told they would call be back. After 24 hours they hadn't called so I called them again and still they could not tell me anything about the missing application. They finally said that the PIN had been mailed from head office on July 18. I asked what I should do with a PIN without the associated user number and they said I should phone back after receiving the PIN........

I am persuing this so not really looking for solutions on TV unless it is from a Bangkok Bank person.

I don't want to mention the branch location at the moment.

To be continued.

You are in a backwards/forwards black hole from which you must set all controls into reverse drive.

Make no further phone calls, email messages. No.

There is only one thing you can do to disentangle. Visit the branch and get someone there to unravel.

Good luck and warp speed.

• Like 1

You are in a backwards/forwards black hole from which you must set all controls into reverse drive.

There is only one thing you can do to disentangle. Visit the branch and get someone there to unravel.

Yes, a visit makes perfect sense and I will probably end up doing that, just trying to avoid the day trip at the moment.

Edited by noodle

Yes, go visit the branch. If paperwork is disapproved at the headquarters it is sent back to the branch it was submitted from.

When I first signed up for Bangkok Bank internet banking years back your User ID is sent via email and PIN in the mail. Well, the PIN showed up in the mail but I never got the email. Check my spam folders in case the email went there...nothing in spam folder. And one thing I made double sure of was to clearly write my email address on the application. OK, email has not showed up but the PIN via mail has. I call Bangkok Bank, tell them my problem, they as various questions to confirm who I say I am, they read back to me the email address they have in their system and there was a typo with one letter...we correct that over the phone...a few hours later a email shows up with the info I needed...and I logon. Been happy internet banking with Bangkok Bank ever since.

Now apply this situation to everything Thai agencies do to solve problems and you have hit the nail on the head. Common sense solutions and quick resolutions of customer problems are non-existant here. The answers are Mai pen rai, or it's not my problem or area to solve it.

Absolutely good advice.

My branch is the Emporium Sukhumvit but if it's not yours try them anyway as they have an IT supervisor there and she really made a big effort to resolve similar problems and got me sorted out very efficiently (at warp speed even). smile.png

Visit the branch. These days, you should be able to do it via atm application, which I always attempt first. In your case, you have to follow up with branch and possibly do another paper application. Once you start one process, i think you cannot redo it with another channel until the first method is exhausted. haven't seen ian or dave around in a while. Even dave's bangkok bank email hasn't gotten any response the last time I emailed. Does dave still work there?

The good news is that you only have to setup the internet banking. Once you get it setup, any future accounts can be added with ease (and 5 day waiting period).

Edited by 4evermaat

Try to persevere, as imo the bkk bank ibanking is quite good.

I applied through atm and it went very smooth, although I had to try a few atm machines as the first ones said something like service not available...

Actually prefer to deal with machines as when dealing with live people a lot of mistakes happen, mainly due to our foreign names/emails etc are harder/unnatural for them to handle...

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

Minor point, but if you have joint accounts you will have to visit branch, cannot be done at ATM. Joint account holder needs to be with you to sign countless bits of paper too, plus make sure if Thai, have copy of ID card/tabien baan, or original. My Mrs forgot!, but I made the staff go and find one of the zillion photo copies that they have taken off us over the years!.

Thanks for all the advice.

I finally got around to going into a 'local' branch instead of making the half day trip to the branch where the account is held. After signing a couple of forms I was told that the FCA account would be added to my i-banking account within 5 days. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for all the advice.

I finally got around to going into a 'local' branch instead of making the half day trip to the branch where the account is held. After signing a couple of forms I was told that the FCA account would be added to my i-banking account within 5 days. Fingers crossed.

Give them at least 5 business days. I remember adding my BKB savings account #2 to internet banking. The first savings account is easy (at the atm, instant access). It had its own ATM card, so I attempted to go to the ATM and set it up. But once they see that you already have an account linked to internet banking with the same cell phone number, they reject the application. So I went inside and initially they wanted a work permit (<deleted>?) to setup internet banking. Then they saw i have internet banking already, and then pulled out the 'add account' form. It took 5 or 6 days for them to add it. Why it took so long only budda knows. I'm guessing they process it manually in the headquarters.

I'm having a similar problem with Kasikorn bank. While a lot of other services seem instant, things like adding new accounts to existing services seem to be processed manually (at Bangkok headquarters), and you literally must give them 5 business days. I think with this last thurs/fri being Buddist holiday, it may get pushed back to Tuesday next week before the account is added.

I would follow up via iBanking or phone call after the 6th or 7th day and verify if the forms are received. Request a call back.

Today I went back to the local branch to find out why I still cannot see my FCA on ibanking.

The forms had been returned to them with a note to inquire at my account branch.

I explained about the run around I'd been given over the phone so the nice lady called my branch and afterwards took more copies of my passport pages and said she would send it all to my branch.

No explanation about why it has taken 6 weeks so far to achieve nothing.

I should wait for 2 weeks more.

Bangkok Bank is gradually being inundated with copies of my passport pages.