Pattaya Daily News, Topic Locked!

thaieagle67

Suprise, I raise an issue about Pattaya Daily News and the topic gets locked as its apparantly getting discussed elsewhere, although the link leads to nowhere!

Have I rattled somebody's cage???

I stand by the statments in my initial topic "Pattaya Daily News Stoop to new low", they should be ashamed of themselves for publishing personal and private information like that period!

Edited by thaieagle67

FWIW I think you're spot on and the PDN yesterday went well below scraping the bottom of the barrel.

And I applaud TV for pulling the item from the news clipping thread - IMHO they did the right thing in removing the item and stopping readers here linking to that crappy site.

Pattaya ONE were noticeably more restrianed in their coverage of the story and kudos to that publication (although some of the photos on that site were horrible).

Simon

A few years ago I was pick pocket by a ? 5 year old girl with her mom on the baht bus. My Western friends were surprised that I didn't go to the police to report it. I had to explain to them that if I did, one of the local newspapers would be right there (in the police station)taking my picture for the news paper and I didn't need to be part of their headlines.

Edited by toenail

FWIW I think you're spot on and the PDN yesterday went well below scraping the bottom of the barrel.

And I applaud TV for pulling the item from the news clipping thread - IMHO they did the right thing in removing the item and stopping readers here linking to that crappy site.

Pattaya ONE were noticeably more restrianed in their coverage of the story and kudos to that publication (although some of the photos on that site were horrible).

Simon

Re Pattaya One on their video it showed the Ambulance guy smiling and holding his hand up making that typical thai finger pose whilst pointing to the deceased body - very poor taste and in reality it should not have been included in the video.

post-37218-134309381886_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

A few years ago I was pick pocket by a ? 5 year old girl with her mom on the baht bus. My Western friends were surprised that I didn't go to the police to report it. I had to explain to them that if I did, one of the local newspapers would be right there (in the police station)taking my picture for the news paper and I didn't need to be part of their headlines.

Same-same - in my few years in Thailand I once got a bit leery and spent a night in the cells on Soi 9 - next morning I paid the fine (and a bribe) and was out of there by 9.30 am. I was FAR more worried at the prospect of the local media turning-up and filming the incident, than the financial hit of the pay-off.

Simon

Re Pattaya One on their video it showed the Ambulance guy smiling and holding his hand up making that typical thai finger pose whilst pointing to the deceased body - very poor taste and in reality it should not have been included in the video.

Couldn't agree more mate. From recent info and postings and bits and bob's I've read, my respect of HM had gone up over the last couple of years and he seems a decent chap. I'm surprised that he wants his companies name associated with that image (all over the internet).

I do undertsand that Thai's, and Buddhists in general, have a different attitude to death and people passing away, but there are limits IMHO.

Since this is discussing a moderator decision and both other topics removed out of respect this one is now closed plus it's going into name and shame. You can contact a local moderator or support if you wish to discuss the closure.