Aussie Expat Found Hanged In Phuket

webfact

Aussie expat found hanged in Phuket

Phuket Gazette

expat.jpeg

An outside view of the Phuket home where the body of Australian Daniel Cruwys was found this morning. Photo: Thawit Bilabdullar

PHUKET: -- An Australian expat took his life by hanging in a luxury home under construction in Phuket, it was discovered this morning.

Thalang Police were notified of the apparent suicide at 10:30am by the wife of the victim, 38-year-old Australian Daniel Cruwys.

When police and Kusoldharm Foundation workers arrived at the scene, an upscale home in Pa Khlok, they found the late Mr Cruwys hanged by the neck from a nylon rope tied to a ceiling fixture in the home’s CCTV monitoring room.

A note written to the wife of the deceased indicated that they had a daughter together.

A review of CCTV images showed Mr Cruwys entering the home at about 5pm yesterday and fashioning the noose he used to hang himself at about 6pm.

Police believe he took his life at about 7pm

When he failed to return home last night, his wife drove up from their other home in Chalong to investigate and found that he had taken his life.

Mr Cruwys was employed by a well-known legal assistance firm and lived in Phuket for many years.

In a handwritten note left at the scene, he professed his love for his wife and apologized for “being the one who lets the team down” and leaving their daughter without a father.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ticle16485.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-07-24

It has been estimated that up to 20% will suffer some form of metal health problems during their lives, depression is a common one, many can be stabilised by medication and outpatient treatment at a Mental Health Unit. He could have got this in Australia. Thailand does not have as far as is known very good mental health services.

It is possible that he had serious financial problems and often suicide is the result.

A most unfortunate incident, one should hope that his family is provided for.

I knew Dan when he lived in Samui. He played guitar for my rock band. He was friendly and generous with his time for a crappy guitarist like me, and played our very first gig. He married the chief clerk who opened my office with me 6 years ago and left for Phuket 3 years ago. They both came back to see us last week, and seemed very happy. He spoke very good Thai. It is a total shock to us all. RIP Dan.

It has been estimated that up to 20% will suffer some form of metal health problems during their lives, depression is a common one, many can be stabilised by medication and outpatient treatment at a Mental Health Unit. He could have got this in Australia. Thailand does not have as far as is known very good mental health services.

It is possible that he had serious financial problems and often suicide is the result.

A most unfortunate incident, one should hope that his family is provided for.

I had a good friend who went thro a bad time and got depressed and i thought i would try and help him to get over it but i can tell you it is not easy he come good in the end no thanks to me i might add. .

It is very sad to hear that someone takes there own life and the family will be thinking if only i knew he was in a bad way but i can tell you in the case of my friend he did'nt think he was depressed but he was lucky that his friend's and family knew something was wrong and forced him to get help. I saw with him he just could not think straight and off course that is a big problem.

R I P

I knew Dan when he lived in Samui. He played guitar for my rock band. He was friendly and generous with his time for a crappy guitarist like me, and played our very first gig. He married the chief clerk who opened my office with me 6 years ago and left for Phuket 3 years ago. They both came back to see us last week, and seemed very happy. He spoke very good Thai. It is a total shock to us all. RIP Dan.

Very warm and caring post, thanks. But in a way, knowing the kind of guy he was makes it even more tragic and disturbing. Any idea how this came to be the ending for one half of a couple who 'seemed very happy' only last week ? RIP from another would-be guitarist, and sincere condolences to those he left behind. So sad.