Whats Your Favourite Thai Tv Program?

eeeya

Im not fluent by any means, but im finding i can understand thai TV a bit more these days.

I would say my Thai is "intermediate" at best.

My favourite programs are the crime ones. Where they interview the victim and they explain what happened etc.

I find that with my limited knowledge of thai and the pictures i can get the drift pretty well.

any other language learners like to share their favourite tv programs..

Watch Sorayud's interviews Mon- Fri, 5.40 - 6.00 pm Channel 3. He always interviews people in the news.

Sometimes it's tragic, someone has just lost a loved one due to a hospital's error for example, but you'll pick up good everyday language as spoken by the man in the street.

For good programmes, I recommend Thai PBS, there are plenty of good documentaries about Thai people and communities around Thailand.

If I watched TV, my favorite show would be

Ghost Hunters or officially “คนล่าผี Ghost Mission”

Believe it or not, there are ghosts in Thailand. Just a few days ago

there was a newspaper story. In a moo ban there is a mysterious

creature of the night that is breaking into homes and doing obscene things.

They are not sure if it’s a filth eating ghost or a monkey with a dirty mind.

Well, something like that, I’m not fluent either.

ชาวบ้านผวา ถูกสิ่งลี้ลับรังควาน บุกเข้าไปทำอนาจารหญิงสาววัยรุ่นในบ้าน เชื่ออาจเป็น"ผีกระหัง" หรือ "ลิงลม" ต้องผลัดเปลี่ยนเวรยามรักษาความสงบ

http://www.dailynews.co.th/thailand/137297

I don't.

I watch dubbed Japanese anime in Thai. I recommend the Conan the Detective movie series (about 20 now). You can also read the same stories as 20 baht manga at your local comic stores.

Thai voice actors are very high quality.

In general. I tend to find the same ten or so do all the work. I am contrasting them with the dreadful quality of English voice actors. Fortunately, nowadays cartoons etc tend to be voiced by regular actors, so voice actors are kept to the 'anime channel'.

wow, I can't stand the normal Thai voice over actors. They all use the same fake sounding "professional voice over" voice as opposed to normal speech with the proper emotion. I bought a bunch of various Hollywood movies and National Geographic documentaries but I can't stand the voices so I almost never watch them. The only Thai voice work that I've found so far that I like is for the Tin Tin box set. I prefer the Thai voices to the English ones!

You've given us a bunch of good Japanese/Thai recommendations over the years and I was excited to give this one a try but if it's the same usual actors then I'll pass. Thanks.