Dutchman Falls To His Death From South Pattaya Hotel Balcony

Rimmer

Dutchman falls to his death from South Pattaya Hotel balcony

PATTAYA:--A Dutch resident of Pattaya fell from his 8th floor apartment balcony to his death on Tuesday Morning.

Police were called to LK The Empress Hotel in Soi 12 off Pattaya Beach Road and were directed to the ground floor, close to a bank of air conditioner compressor units where the body of Mr. Johannes Adrianus Antonius Maria Poirters aged 62 from the Netherlands lay. According to Hotel staff he had checked-in on 29th May with his Thai Wife Khun Harn aged 44 and CCTV images showed her leaving with a large suitcase last week presumably following an argument.

CCTV also captured the moment when he fell and an inspection of the room revealed a large amount of alcoholic beverages and many cigarette butts in an ashtray on the balcony. Police examined all the evidence and initially recorded the death as a suicide but will wait for the results of a post mortem examination.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/59418/dutchman-falls-death-south-pattaya-hotel-balcony/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-07-24

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

No reason for that. There's plenty of fish in the Pattaya sea. It's not like there's a shortage of these women.. rolleyes.gif

Oh well. RIP.

"No shortage of these women"

well you sound a really swell guy,bet your single .Idont care how many women there are available ,if you love someone and they leave you your still heartbroken ,i know i would be.

I'm "experienced".

No reason for that. There's plenty of fish in the Pattaya sea. It's not like there's a shortage of these women.. rolleyes.gif

Oh well. RIP.

well you sound a really swell guy,bet your single .Idont care how many women there are available ,if you love someone and they leave you your still heartbroken ,i know i would be.

I'm "experienced".

At what?

• Like 1

I stayed at that hotel the last time I was in Pattaya, nice hotel, I'm sure the staff were shocked at todays events. RIP the deceased man. I'm sure his wife will also be shocked when she finds out.

Oh well. RIP.

I'm "experienced".

At what?

Being alone?

• Like 2

Lets not jump to conclusions here.

He could have been having time of his life, loads of booze and smoking in the room, slipped over the edge on the 8th floor.

Who knows?

He could have been having time of his life, loads of booze and smoking in the room, slipped over the edge on the 8th floor.

Who knows?

Fair play - you could be right; but IMHO that scenario seems unlikely. I've not stayed in the hotel mentioned but I stayed in VT 6 a while back and that had a lovely balcony that I used to sit on in the evenings. There was no way you would go over unless you wanted to (or someone else was involved).

I hope his family and wife don't take it too hard when they find out.

always ask for the first floor when living in pattaya, might save your life smile.png

not really.... in sydney i was on the first floor ...minding my mates beautiful unit and dog whilst he was mongering in thailand ...i went inside to get another double shot of jw blue that he had left me ...and i heard a loud bang ...i looked out and couldnt work out what it was this huge mess on the patio .... then i realised it was a body splattered to pieces and to fxxxk everything up he had landed smack dab on the dog ....talk about a clusterfxxk i made the decision not to tell my mate until he came home ...no sense in ruining his holiday ..it took about three days to get all the shit cleaned up and u wouldnt believe the paperwork cheers

-gaucho-

Good story!

Solution, built a sunroof above your

Appartement-balcon,

verandah made of thick enough stainless steel.

Pushes the problem to somebody elses place

and can save a dogs life.

Why does there seem to be a preponderance of flying Dutchmen, or other expats, in Pattaya? Not just Dutchmen, but all expats seem to be in grave danger on balconies. RIP, good gentleman, but dad gum if I am going out on a balcony in a Pattaya hotel. Is there just a wish to report every such incident, regardless of nationality, that happens in Pattaya or is there really an epidemic of falling farangs in my neighborhood? What do you good folk think, are these poor suicidal gents, murder victims, or are Pattaya Hotel balconies just inordinately slippery? Inquiring minds want to know!

kdf

Who knows?

Interestingly enough, you could be spot-on mate.

Nevertheless, R.I.P.

Edited by Dap

always ask for the first floor when living in pattaya, might save your life smile.png

not really.... in sydney i was on the first floor ...minding my mates beautiful unit and dog whilst he was mongering in thailand ...i went inside to get another double shot of jw blue that he had left me ...and i heard a loud bang ...i looked out and couldnt work out what it was this huge mess on the patio .... then i realised it was a body splattered to pieces and to fxxxk everything up he had landed smack dab on the dog ....talk about a clusterfxxk i made the decision not to tell my mate until he came home ...no sense in ruining his holiday ..it took about three days to get all the shit cleaned up and u wouldnt believe the paperwork cheers

Oh Nooooo. Sorry about the circumstances but THAT struck me as bizarre, and I CAN imagine the cleanup. Good on ya' that ya' left your mate to his holiday. I tip my hat to your presense of mind.

First, falling in love for many farangs meeting Thai women, second, falling from grace for the unfortunates, things always happened in threes, the second situation leads to the third, falling from the balcony for the unlucky one!

My first post this morning was removed, I supposed the mod was right :-) so I am coming back more gently! the sentence " there's plenty of fish in the Pattaya sea Its not like there's a shortage of these woman" (for me) is a shame ! First having aThai wife I do respect (and generally respecting my hosts) had I been a Mod I would have moved it. Moreover what would think the Thai people on TV of such a sentence? these women "in no shortage" are they merchandise? I hope not, and will try to take it as a mere blunder that could happen to any one!

PS: OK Rimmer? I did my best

I stayed at that hotel the last time I was in Pattaya, nice hotel, I'm sure the staff were shocked at todays events. RIP the deceased man. I'm sure his wife will also be shocked when she finds out.

She will be distressed, as there will be no more Tea Money from her Dutch Terak.

Edited by cdnski12