Why Did You Fall In Love With Thailand?

coolhandjoe

I'll start...

For me it was the overwhelming welcome i recieved when i stayed at my first hotel back in 2000. They had my name on the notice board at the entrance to the hotel Menam by the river in Bangkok. I was treated like a celebrity, lol.

The smell and sight's of all the tantilising types of street food and the inevitable tasting.

The crystal clear warm seas and hot white beaches.

Living in a bamboo hut on the sea edge.

Exploring with awe the spirital temples and palaces of the ancient kingdom of Siam.

Having an authentic traditional thai massage and it curing me of a decade log back problem.

wai.gif

It's been quiet in the Forums for a while now ...

There are so many other good Forums on Thai Visa other then General.

Maybe a great opportunity to explore some of the less visited ones.

The Health, Body and Medicine is always great for practical advice.

Did you know the longest running thread actually lives in the Football Forum.

Another one from the Top5 is in the Business Forum.

Go have a wander, you might be surprised with what gems you uncover.

EDIT ... or the Photography Forum

Oh, BTW, 'Love' is probably a OTT .. but I certainly appreciate Thailands Charms.

Edited by David48

What is there not to love about Thailand .....the pro's vastly outweigh the con's and long may it last wai.gif

Hmm well let me take a stab at this; I don't think the pros weigh vastly more than the cons. That's a bit of a supposition on your part. Sure, some of the hookers are a bit plump, but I'd say that even with the limited food provided to prison inmates that the cons will still weigh more than the typical hooker.

• Like 1

It seems quite a few men in their mid 50s develop a serious interest in temples and move to Thailand. cheesy.gif

Gosh. If these gentleman find solace at the temple, who are we to judge? Many of these guys have had traumatic lives with marriage failures, business failures, failure as a father, and just general failure. If going to temple helps them, maybe they will find a way to stop failing.whistling.gif

• Like 1

Very convincing comments on why people have fallen in love with the LOS - whores, McD delivery, massage, elephant trekking, a pussy, tantalizing street food.......... blink.png No doubt, these are the pros! No probs, keep loving it guys.

Falling in love with Thailand?? coffee1.gif

For me, it's simply because I get bored with my country, so I'm trying something new...

But of course I love the culture and the environment as well... And it's cheap

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app