Options For Watching Olympic Events In Pattaya At Home (Sophon, Etc.)

Jingthing

the best way to watch the olympics in thai is online. the IOC has an official youtube channel and you can watch all the events (with english commentry) live. here. opening was great last night, stayed up till 7am to watch it. everyone loves mr bean! cycling atm...

I agree - this is the best way to watch it. Each event can be reviewed from the start. Fantastic!

the bbc has 24 channels (events) + bbc1 from 11-23 h + bbc 3 + radio to watch it - go here , sign up for the week free trial , change dns on your computer and watch !

They only seem to support US, UK and AU services. If like me you like to watch European or Scandinavian TV Overplay offers a similar service at the same price but with support for many more countries.

the bbc has 24 channels (events) + bbc1 from 11-23 h + bbc 3 + radio to watch it - go here , sign up for the week free trial , change dns on your computer and watch !

They only seem to support US, UK and AU services. If like me you like to watch European or Scandinavian TV Overplay offers a similar service at the same price but with support for many more countries.

Good post. Did you look at HMA ? they do servers in 49 country's, similar to Overplay, the vpn deal is 5 $ cheaper a month.

Good post. Did you look at HMA ? they do servers in 49 country's, similar to Overplay, the vpn deal is 5 $ cheaper a month.

I had a look at HMA now, but they don't seem to offer the "smartDNS" service offered by Overplay and Unblock-US. Overplay also offers a combined package with full VPN + SmartDNS at $9.95/m (or $99.99/y) - but I agree, it's easy to overlook that option. It's in the "What is Overplay" box on the top-right of their homepage. Once you sign up you get the option to choose between the packages. I contacted them through the livechat option on their website and asked for a test, and they gave me a week right away.

Did anyone see the Thai weightlifter, Panida Khamsri, last night? She hyperextended her elbow on her first snatch attempt but the coach still allowed her to continue with 2 more attempts. It looked really bad after her 2nd attempt, and after her 3rd attempt she was in a lot of pain - her elbow totally dislocated.

Shame on the Thai coach. He should have pulled her out of the competition after her first attempt. An injury like that could end her career.

http://www.london2012.com/weightlifting/photos/latestpictures.html#panida-khamsri-thailand-competes-women-weightlifting

Edited by tropo

online you can see any sport live all together

http://www.youtube.com/olympic

As mentioned by Ch23 in post #28 above.

I went to the youtube site, but I could only play the video on the home page (swimming event). None of the links on the page work to activate anything else. Am I missing something?

have just tried it, working fine on my lap-top

Works fine for me. Maybe you need to upgrade your browser and/or Flash?

??? So, when you go to the site from this link, do you see the 4x100 Freestyle Relay in the video window? That's what I see, and it plays. To the right is a list of events. When I scroll over the icon of each, it turns from red to blue. But when I click on that icon ... nothing. Is that you you are able to play events?

If so, I'm lost as to what can be wrong on my end. I play various uTube clips all the time, with no problem; and also stream from other sites.

Any idea what the problem could be? Anybody?

No, under the viewing window you have a list starting with "Live now" ... click each of them to change channel.

Denmark is winning in Finn (dinghies) btw. Didn't even know that was an Olympic sport, I used to sail Finn's as a young boy (many years ago :P)

No, under the viewing window you have a list starting with "Live now" ... click each of them to change channel.

Denmark is winning in Finn (dinghies) btw. Didn't even know that was an Olympic sport, I used to sail Finn's as a young boy (many years ago tongue.png)

Not seeing that. Under the viewing window is a description of the event in that window, the 2008 swimming event I noted earlier. ... ???

MY BAD! I forgot that I was logged into Overplay, and using a USA IP address! The uTube Olympics link is for Asia and Africa. Works fine now!

Thanks for the help. Apologies for all the unecessary posts and questions!

In terms of Thai TV over the past two days, most of the coverage today/Sunday has been on the afternoon and night on NBT. Yesterday/Saturday, Channel 3 had quite a few hours in the evening.

Still haven't found/seen any kind of schedule showing what things are going to be on what Thai broadcast channels, and when.