Another Suicide At The Tiffany Shooting Range

davethailand

Another suicide at the Tiffany Shooting Range. American man shoots himself in the head.

On December 12th last year we reported on a suicide at the Tiffany Shooting Range where a German man used a hired pistol and shot himself in the head. On Tuesday afternoon at around 3.30pm it happened again. This time an American man, using a revolver shot himself in the side of the head. Police Lieutenant Colonel Omsin from Pattaya Police Station was assigned to the case and removed the gun from the shooting range as evidence. Once again we were not permitted to film inside the Shooting Range. What we do know is that the dead man is Mr. Ronas Joseph Merrow aged 63 from America and the incident happened at Booth number 9. The smartly dressed man arrived at the range and rented a 38mm revolver. He finished one pack of bullets and asked his supervisor to bring another packet for him. He loaded the gun with six bullets, fired the first one and then turned the gun on himself and pointed the gun at his right ear and pulled the trigger. His body was removed from the scene and taken to the morgue at Banglamung Hospital. His personal possessions including 50,000 Baht in cash which he was carrying in his pocket are now in the possession of the Sawang Boriboon Foundation awaiting collection by the American Embassy who will now conduct an investigation into the matter.

Pattaya City News

This is really bad IMO. If you feel the need to end your life, why on earth do you have to do it in a manner that causes severe trauma for innocent bystanders? Why not go to some deserted area and pop a bottle of pills.

Edited by davethailand

A friend of mine confided in me that he was going to kill himself, I begged him to go see his doctor and get some anti depressants ( i use them occassionally and know the benefits) he followed my advice and now years later he's OK.

I will never be able to comprehend what drives someone to do such and act, especially when medication to remove suicidal feelings is so widely available.

So sad to hear about any suicide whether if Pattaya, Perth, Peterborough, or wherever :o

edit:spelling has gone to pot today

Edited by Thaipwriter

I don't quite get the "pro life" protagonists view. If someone wants to top themselves why not let them? It's not like it's a big deal, we're all gonna go within a very brief time. Of course splatting your brain out over others is just inconsiderate but those who decide they just can't be bothered with the treadmill should be allowed to stop it at will. It's their life afterall.

Another suicide at the Tiffany Shooting Range. American man shoots himself in the head.

On December 12th last year we reported on a suicide at the Tiffany Shooting Range where a German man used a hired pistol and shot himself in the head. On Tuesday afternoon at around 3.30pm it happened again. This time an American man, using a revolver shot himself in the side of the head. Police Lieutenant Colonel Omsin from Pattaya Police Station was assigned to the case and removed the gun from the shooting range as evidence. Once again we were not permitted to film inside the Shooting Range. What we do know is that the dead man is Mr. Ronas Joseph Merrow aged 63 from America and the incident happened at Booth number 9. The smartly dressed man arrived at the range and rented a 38mm revolver. He finished one pack of bullets and asked his supervisor to bring another packet for him. He loaded the gun with six bullets, fired the first one and then turned the gun on himself and pointed the gun at his right ear and pulled the trigger. His body was removed from the scene and taken to the morgue at Banglamung Hospital. His personal possessions including 50,000 Baht in cash which he was carrying in his pocket are now in the possession of the Sawang Boriboon Foundation awaiting collection by the American Embassy who will now conduct an investigation into the matter.

Pattaya City News

This is really bad IMO. If you feel the need to end your life, why on earth do you have to do it in a manner that causes severe trauma for innocent bystanders? Why not go to some deserted area and pop a bottle of pills.

At least this way, the conspiracy theorists won't say it was the police or that he was murdered by the girlfriend or boyfriend.

:o

Heard a rumour this morning that the deceased is a school teacher who recently lost his job for having sexually explicit photos at the school.

reported on PCN website today.....

According to PCN not only having the pics at school but showing them to his 12 and 13 year old students also.

Heard a rumour this morning that the deceased is a school teacher who recently lost his job for having sexually explicit photos at the school.

Hm, PCN: "We have found out that he worked as an English Language teacher for a small private academy in Naklua according to his work permit."

I wonder if that would be Montessori ...

Hm, PCN: "We have found out that he worked as an English Language teacher for a small private academy in Naklua according to his work permit."

I was told tonight by my Thai friend that he was a principal or supervisor at Montessori. Her son goes to that school. From my broken english conversation with her, it sounded to me that he was blamed for some indecent photos of young boys emailed to him. My thai friend said that he was a good man with a good heart. Who knows what's true, especially when reported on PCN. :o

A septic shooting himself in the head.

How did he die , surely he missed all his vital organs :o

Like you have ANY vital organs to make a response like this.

<deleted> off

Kringle, it always takes me five minutes to scroll past your avatar. :D

A septic shooting himself in the head.

How did he die , surely he missed all his vital organs :o

Like you have ANY vital organs to make a response like this.

<deleted> off

Kringle, it always takes me five minutes to scroll past your avatar. :D

......I can't make out what Island that is as well!

I was told tonight by my Thai friend that he was a principal or supervisor at Montessori. Her son goes to that school. From my broken english conversation with her, it sounded to me that he was blamed for some indecent photos of young boys emailed to him. My thai friend said that he was a good man with a good heart. Who knows what's true, especially when reported on PCN. :o

Wow, that sounds scary. So if if you don't like somebody just mail some indecent photos of young boys and they're history.

According to PCN not only having the pics at school but showing them to his 12 and 13 year old students also.

That would make it very hard showing the pictures to his 12 to 14 year old students as first he didnt even have any students as he was asst school principle and second the oldest student running around at Montessori must be about 8 or 9 years old. Probably not even that age.

My son goes there to school and i can only confirm that the person in question looked like a very decent man. i also heard stories about what has happened but do not want to go into detail. I just know someone at that school wont be sleeping to good for the next few days to come.

On the other hand I dont want to make him better as he is because of the way he did commit the suicide if you wanne go do it on your own and dont affect any other individuals in it.

Pedophiles often lead double lives. As the saying goes, "That's the nature of the beast." Leading totally respectable lives at one time, while conducting themselves in the most heinous way during other times. It is this very ability to act "normal" or even be heaped with praise for their non-pedophile actions that allows them to continue their sordid aspects of their "other life."

For example,

http://www.theawarenesscenter.org/Harrington.html

and

http://www.cathnews.com/news/306/5.html

Both examples involved school principals.

"Mr. Ronas Joseph Merrow aged 63"

and then later article,

"Mr. Ronald Joseph Meloy aged 62"

Why did he apparently use aliases?

The referenced culprit in the first case cited above did the same minor name and age change to avoid detection of past misdeeds.

If innocent, why suicide? I would proffer that far more suicides are

commited by guilty persons as opposed to those who are innocent persons and have been charged with a crime.

Lastly, has Montessori school been an "enabler" by simply firing him rather than the appropriate action of referring the situation to the police?

Also, are they in the habit of firing personnel simply for unsubstantiated and groundless accusations?

Pedophiles often lead double lives. As the saying goes, "That's the nature of the beast." Leading totally respectable lives at one time, while conducting themselves in the most heinous way during other times. It is this very ability to act "normal" or even be heaped with praise for their non-pedophile actions that allows them to continue their sordid aspects of their "other life."

For example,

http://www.theawarenesscenter.org/Harrington.html

and

http://www.cathnews.com/news/306/5.html

Both examples involved school principals.

"Mr. Ronas Joseph Merrow aged 63"

and then later article,

"Mr. Ronald Joseph Meloy aged 62"

Why did he apparently use aliases?

The referenced culprit in the first case cited above did the same minor name and age change to avoid detection of past misdeeds.

If innocent, why suicide? I would proffer that far more suicides are

commited by guilty persons as opposed to those who are innocent persons and have been charged with a crime.

Lastly, has Montessori school been an "enabler" by simply firing him rather than the appropriate action of referring the situation to the police?

Also, are they in the habit of firing personnel simply for unsubstantiated and groundless accusations?

John,

All those sofisticated words in one sentence waw man but clearly you dont seem to have any idea of what you are talking.

First of all where did you get the story from about Pedophiles. Nothing or nobody has ever mentioned in any official statement that it handles about this matter. Maybe your mind is dirtier then you might think yourself.

Second It was mentioned that he was fired for showing pictures of a sexual nature to a co worker so he was fired on charges of sexual harrasment.

Third if a person of 63 years old does loose his job (at 63 you dont have that much to say anymore on the modern job market especialy with a report of sexual harrasment following you) plus he gets the name you people throw at him without even knowing what you are talking about and calling him names without even thinking about the consequences well i know people who did commit suiciced for much less than that. (Thai bar grilfriend leaving them after their first night out together)

-fourth I have my idea on how some people in Montessori handled this case but then again i know a bit more about the case and would like to keep those details to myself.

Thats realy all I have to say about this matter.