Hd Tv Advice....

skippybangkok

Had a Samsung 60" for 8 years which faired well...... But with the new HD channels in my True box, it's clear the gal just ain't up to it.

Looked around, saw a 70" sharp, but sharp quality sucks ( I know, cause used to audit their factories ). Samsun has a 60" "smart tv" which is nice, but look,s smaller than my current one. Down side, it uses them flickery glasses. LG has a 65" I think in 3D using polarized glasses..... But resolution looks bad in 3d ( lines ) and the 3D is blurry when close..... But I like the big google polarized glasses....

Any one with recommendations ,.,, hope fully will last me about 8 or more years

I am thrilled with my Samsung LED TV Series 8000 46" in my study (very crisp clear brilliant screen with HD channels) ... (I have a bigger Samsung LED TV in my living room downstairs, but a slightly older model)..dont really use the voice or motion controls....

they also have a 65" version of the Series 8000

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN65ES8000FXZA

I am thrilled with my Samsung LED TV Series 8000 46" in my study (very crisp clear brilliant screen with HD channels) ... (I have a bigger Samsung LED TV in my living room downstairs, but a slightly older model)..dont really use the voice or motion controls....

they also have a 65" version of the Series 8000

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN65ES8000FXZA

Thanks.... W see if I can find one.

Does it have to be 60" ? My 55" LED LG is great with passive 3D. About 50K. LEDs are better than Plasmas IMO. LG do a 65" version but cost 120K. But if you keep it for 8 years then not so bad.

Thanks.... I like the passive 3D over the on/off electronic glasses, but the resolution is only half compared to the electronic glass types ( that's why u see horizontal lines ).

Found passive goes out of focus more with things popping out of the screen .

Budget wise we always like more for less, but 120k is not out of the ball park .... I like big screens, and with 3D I feel a bigger screen is more important.

Edited by skippybangkok

Does anyone ever use 3D for more than 5 minutes?

Oh wow that's clever ....... then chuck the glasses in a drawer forever.

Yeh, ur right.... i can see that happening............ basically... i do play Xbox, and since this is an investment hopefully for the next 8 years, i am sure the new Xbox and games will be in 3D..... as such, need something good......... ( ever tried sniping on a 32" ? .......... can never beat my brother in laws big projector screen ! )

Yeh, ur right.... i can see that happening............ basically... i do play Xbox, and since this is an investment hopefully for the next 8 years, i am sure the new Xbox and games will be in 3D..... as such, need something good......... ( ever tried sniping on a 32" ? .......... can never beat my brother in laws big projector screen ! )

BUT

If you want it for Xbox ..... doesn't a LED display put too much lag in the video chain for effective gaming?

And if you read gamers reports for LGs (including the Plasmas), they say all their range is absolutely awful for gaming due to video lag induced by their video processor.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

BUT

If you want it for Xbox ..... doesn't a LED display put too much lag in the video chain for effective gaming?

And if you read gamers reports for LGs (including the Plasmas), they say all their range is absolutely awful for gaming due to video lag induced by their video processor.

Need a PhD ( or a good forum :) ) these days to buy a light bulb. So LED's not good for gaming ? I have a old 61" projection from 8 years back..... kinda worked well.

If LED not good, then what ? Plasma ? That chews power and degenerates over the years (?? ).

Maybe time to hire a consultant ! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Done..........

And got a good deal........

-Samsung 8 Series 60"

-Blue Ray DVD

-universal Remote

-Free Galaxy Note pad

- 5500 baht of voucher to be used before end of Bitec

- Got 40+ lucky draw tickets, ( and not many put in on week days ) - so got 6000 baht gold necklace in lucky draw.

All for 109,000 Baht................ :)

(p.s. plasma, looked richer, but looses out on brightness, my house in daytime is quite bright, so would be hard to see ).

Done..........

And got a good deal........

-Samsung 8 Series 60"

-Blue Ray DVD

-universal Remote

-Free Galaxy Note pad

- 5500 baht of voucher to be used before end of Bitec

- Got 40+ lucky draw tickets, ( and not many put in on week days ) - so got 6000 baht gold necklace in lucky draw.

All for 109,000 Baht................ smile.png

(p.s. plasma, looked richer, but looses out on brightness, my house in daytime is quite bright, so would be hard to see ).

those remotes are sexy as <deleted>.. as Hancock would say, Good Job!