Chalerm'S Son Duang Returns To Police Service

webfact

This is exactly the type of person Thaksin wants to groom for power. Thaksin was Prime Minister when all of these allegations happened and if not for him this guy could be sitting on prison right now, instead he is now on the road to power.

Exactly. And furthermore, when other events occurred in this long saga, it was Thaksin's proxy Samak who was in charge (eg. when Duang was reinstated in the Army (following a dishonorable discharge for desertion.... blink.png yeah, that happens in other countries huh.png ). It was also the Samak administration that Duang got his first taste of political position as a paid employee of Dad's Interior Ministry. His fast tracking to Major was signed off by Samak.

And now that Thaksin's proxy Yingluck is in charge, we see Duang's re-emergence, with a coordinated shift to the police force of which Dad Police Captain Chalerm is a long-standing member of.

Holy crap! That'll put a pucker in your sphincterblink.png .
  • Like 1

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see that he is well qualified to teach a course in pistol shooting to police but I would find the news easier to take if today was April 1st!

He's indeed an expert Marksman - just so long as the range is around 6 inches.

Patrick

Oh - forgot to add - and some friends hold the target steady.

actually, family, not friends, but you have it otherwise nailed. :thumbsup:

For the benefit of the uninitiated, let's have another look at Senior Sargeant-Major Suwichai and the family he left behind.

He is innocent. There was a full investigation in 1999 and they didn't found any wrongdoings.

we learn that he wasn't shot in the head at point blank range by "someone" until two years after 1999.

For further clarity, Chalerm's son was reinstated in the Army on April 23, 2008 as a Second-Lieutenant with his father who was the Interior Minister in Samak's Cabinet at the time. That was his rank at the time when "someone" shot Police Senior Sergeant-Major Suvichai Rodwimud in the head at point blank range on October 21, 2001.

Ohh, my comment was about Abhisit and that they didn't found any wrongdoings back in 1999.

I mentioned that because some came up with his case. Abhisit seems to be innocent.

Chalerm's son was also cleared of any charges related to the shooting of that police officer. That was of course later. Anyone who follows the news or isn't just a tourist but lived here since a while should know that.

For the benefit of the uninitiated, let's have another look at Senior Sargeant-Major Suwichai and the family he left behind.

He is innocent. There was a full investigation in 1999 and they didn't found any wrongdoings.

we learn that he wasn't shot in the head at point blank range by "someone" until two years after 1999.

For further clarity, Chalerm's son was reinstated in the Army on April 23, 2008 as a Second-Lieutenant with his father who was the Interior Minister in Samak's Cabinet at the time. That was his rank at the time when "someone" shot Police Senior Sergeant-Major Suvichai Rodwimud in the head at point blank range on October 21, 2001.

Ohh, my comment was about Abhisit

Sorry, I mistook your comments.

I thought you were commenting about the topic of this thread.

Okay, Abhisit did too.

The Army general is quite often on record to remind people what could be seen as contempt.

is it available on CD too?

CD as in Compact Disc? Probably.

on record - as in he spoke to the press, made a statement officially for the public to take notice.

Contempt of the court is a criminal offense.

Pure and unadulterated nepotism an scumbaggery.

Where are all the red symapthisers to worm their way around this? Hanging their heads in shame I hope

The OP says: "Duang said that he had himself sought the transfer from the Army to the RTP as he felt more familiar with police work than Army service, and Chalerm played no part in it."

Where is your evidence to support your claim of nepotism? Put up or withdraw your remark.

"Put up or withdraw your remark"??? Have you any idea of the well documented history of this individual and family members? I believe a little research (on your part) may be enlightening.

• Like 2

In any other civilized country the Thin Blue / Brown Line would never allow something like this to happen but here in Thailand corruption in the police is so ingrained that this is just business as usual

The police here don't even respect each other, they only respect who has the most powerful patron, that can be the only explanation of why this turd is even alive, no less fast tracked

I expect Mr. Toilet to become Health Minister any day now.......

Who cares we have murderers who are still on the payroll as general, opposition leader or party boss. We have people who earned money on bogus bomb scanners and still maintain that they work, causing every month people to get killed. Live is worth nothing in Thailand. Money is.. it is almost paradise for rednecks.

The current Defence Minister, General Sukampol, the man accusing Apisit of providing fake documents regarding conscription, is one of those who procured the GT 200 bomb scanners- and he still maintains it works!

Pure and unadulterated nepotism an scumbaggery.

Where are all the red symapthisers to worm their way around this? Hanging their heads in shame I hope

The OP says: "Duang said that he had himself sought the transfer from the Army to the RTP as he felt more familiar with police work than Army service, and Chalerm played no part in it."

Where is your evidence to support your claim of nepotism? Put up or withdraw your remark.

If Duang was innocent of the murder of Suwichai, why did he flee from Thailand for so long? I remember at the time Chalerm said a man called Ai Peud committed the murder, but no trace was ever found of him.

The current Defence Minister, General Sukampol, the man accusing Apisit of providing fake documents regarding conscription, is one of those who procured the GT 200 bomb scanners- and he still maintains it works!

He has to maintain they work as he is in an increasingly tight spot..

..the Abhisit accusation is a puerile attempt at misdirection ..amongst the gullible, that works

The usual suspects have not appeared to justify the PTP in all that they do. Sorry missed tragickingdoms attemt to divert the thread to people being killed by bogus bomb scanners.

Edited by moe666

Slight case of cognitive dissonance with our faithful here.....Thaksin convicted by a pig circus...and it's all law and order....murderer freed by court...outrage and ordure...well go figure, it has been well documented that right wingers' brain are substandard...happy weekend

Acquitted - yes.

Innocent - no.

How the hell do you know? Got some inside info or something? Or just spouting your prejudices?

Ohh, my comment was about Abhisit and that they didn't found any wrongdoings back in 1999.

I mentioned that because some came up with his case. Abhisit seems to be innocent.

Chalerm's son was also cleared of any charges related to the shooting of that police officer. That was of course later. Anyone who follows the news or isn't just a tourist but lived here since a while should know that.

Everybody who has witnessed the shooting story when it happened knows that Chalerm's son did it. It was a huge scandal back then.

Are you saying that you were here when it happened and you believe he is innocent?

Edited by Nickymaster

Really we shouldnt be surprised, PTP and UDD are a bunch of criminals, thugs, gangsters, They need total control of the Police, Remember they are getting their placement incharge of the Army then The "Thailand Third Reich: is total . And the masses of Thailand sit back and let it all happen.. Supine race.

Edited by KKvampire

Slight case of cognitive dissonance with our faithful here.....Thaksin convicted by a pig circus...and it's all law and order....murderer freed by court...outrage and ordure...well go figure, it has been well documented that right wingers' brain are substandard...happy weekend

Someones thinking is "sub Standard" to put it politely.. Ret

Acquitted - yes.

Innocent - no.

How the hell do you know? Got some inside info or something? Or just spouting your prejudices?

Read the first page of this PDF from 2002-03-02, it starts with

"AS MURDER investigations go, the killing of Suvichai Rodwimud seemed quite

straightforward. The unfortunate police sergeant-major was shot dead in full view

of dozens of revellers at Club Twenty, a Bangkok nightspot. Although the bar is

normally dimly lit, the manager, according to most accounts, had turned up the lights

just before the shooting. That gave patrons a chance to see Duangchalerm Yubamrung,

an officer in the Thai military supreme command, having a furious row

with Mr Suvichai . Allegedly he then drew a gun and shot him in the head. The police

say they have plenty of witnesses."

http://www.us-asean....mist_survey.pdf

Ain't you just a little ray of sunshine.

• Like 1

Acquitted - yes.

Innocent - no.

I have no prejudices, I have no cross to bear and no axe to grind, have you?

Just stating what is common knowledge, spin free, unaltered and unswayed by threats or bribery.

Jing jing na.

Edited by Thaddeus
  • Like 2

Fart

Acquitted - yes.

Innocent - no.

I have no prejudices, I have no cross to bear and no axe to grind, have you?

Just stating what is common knowledge, spin free, unaltered and unswayed by threats or bribery.

Jing jing na.

Currently he sues the defence minister for defamation and says argument like yours are contempt of the court which is a criminal offense.

The army general said to reopen the case you would new evidence. Do you have new evidence?

Currently he sues the defence minister for defamation and says argument like yours are contempt of the court which is a criminal offense.

The army general said to reopen the case you would new evidence. Do you have new evidence?

1. I'm not having an argument.

2. You are in the wrong thread.

• Like 2

Chalerm denies knowledge of son's move

Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung said yesterday he disagreed with his son Duang, who has switched from the military to become a police officer.

Chalerm said if he had known his son's plan, he would have stopped him, because a police officer has to move from place to place many times. And if the rival party became the government, his son would certainly be transferred to serve in the restive South.

Duang, meanwhile, said he had grown up, therefore his father had nothing to do with the move. However, he insisted he followed the process legally in switching from the Army to the Metropolitan Police Bureau.

Asked if he wanted to be a national athlete because he has expertise in shooting, Duang said he almost applied for national athlete selection for the latest SEA Games, but when the news spread, things became complicated so he changed his mind.

National Police Chief Pol General Priewpan Damapong said on Friday that Duang would be an instructor at a pistol-shooting course for policemen because of his expertise in that.

He admitted that the appointment was "hastened" but added that "given his capability and usefulness, his appointment is appropriate".

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-07-29

And if the rival party became the government, his son would certainly be transferred to serve in the restive South.

Excuses, can someone explain to me why the voluntair shouldn't be transferred to down South now (as in really now)? He's a sharpshooter and example for all, if I understand posts here correctly. Surely both his military background as well as all dear papa must have told him, he'd be a valuable asset down there? Fearing the 'rival party' sounds like being afraid the son may be restricted in his search for glory?