Has The Smiling Thing Always Been Around

SammieT

Walk around UK smiling at everyone and pretty soon you'll be classed as a Funny Farm candidiate.

Unless you're watching an olympic cycling event apparently - where the police get v concerned if you're not looking happy!

But otherwise, I agree with you.

Note to self

Learn to spell candidate.biggrin.png

And learn the difference between candidate and candidiot

Walk around UK smiling at everyone and pretty soon you'll be classed as a Funny Farm candidiate.

Unless you're watching an olympic cycling event apparently - where the police get v concerned if you're not looking happy!

But otherwise, I agree with you.

Our own dear old yet sadly late Queen Mother was forever smiling, no matter with what adversity she was faced; an inspiration to us all, that sadly only the simpletons amongst us seem to have taken to heart

SC

I think a persistent smile is the one thing that the simpleton and the devious have in common.

And I think Thais have managed to make the cultural transition from one to the other without the angst of realisation or ambitious envy

Talking stereotype here, of course. Personally, I find a polite smile goes a long way further than an honest or heartfelt scowl

SC

Once i read an article about the benefits that smiling brings onto society in general..

.. Well the day after my car was stopped at a police block.. I smiled to the cops and said goodmorning, but i was told abrubtly to stop laughing and hand on the driving license..I never smiled to a cop again, quite a few of them lack sense of humour.

Once i read an article about the benefits that smiling brings onto society in general..

.. Well the day after my car was stopped at a police block.. I smiled to the cops and said goodmorning, but i was told abrubtly to stop laughing and hand on the driving license..I never smiled to a cop again, quite a few of them lack sense of humour.

Aye, right, so you let the pitiful lack of a sense of humour by some poor serfs in brown affect your behaviour from there on. You're not much of a white fella, if you let the natives affect you like that

SC

Aye, right, so you let the pitiful lack of a sense of humour by some poor serfs in brown affect your behaviour from there on. You're not much of a white fella, if you let the natives affect you like that

SC

Well, they were in blue with funny red stripes, and it was not in Thailand..smile.png