Victim Of Colorado Movie Theater Massacre Suffers Miscarriage

News_Editor

Victim of Colorado movie theater massacre suffers miscarriage < br />

2012-07-30 07:32:07 GMT+7 (ICT)

AURORA, COLORADO (BNO NEWS) -- A young mother who was seriously injured and lost her six-year-old daughter in the shooting massacre at a Denver-area movie theater earlier this month has suffered a miscarriage, the family said on late Saturday, making the unborn baby the shooting's thirteenth victim.

Ashley Moser, 25, was hit once in the stomach and twice in the neck when a gunman walked into an auditorium at the Century 16 Movie Theater in Aurora and opened fire, killing twelve people and injuring 58 others in what was one of the worst mass shootings in U.S. history. It happened during the midnight premiere of 'The Dark Knight Rises', the third installment in the Batman film series by movie director Christopher Nolan.

In an e-mailed statement, the family's spokesperson said Moser underwent additional surgery on Saturday morning. "Tragically, the extreme trauma she sustained also caused a miscarriage," the statement said. "Our sincere appreciation goes out to all of those who have been sending well-wishes, prayers and good thoughts to Ashley. Her lifetime of care will be a long road."

Because Colorado state homicide laws only apply to persons who are "born and alive" at the moment of a crime, the miscarriage is unlikely to affect charges expected to be filed on Monday against James Eagen Holmes, who was arrested at the scene of the July 20 shooting.

Moser is the mother of six-year-old Veronica Moser-Sullivan who was also killed in the shooting.

"We want to send a special thank you to the courageous heroes of law enforcement, other first responders, paramedics, and doctors and nurses who have all gone beyond the call-of-duty in caring for our daughter, granddaughter and all of the other victims of this tragic event," Saturday's statement added.

Funeral arrangements for Veronica are still pending.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2012-07-30

Losing both children. Too much. Just more evidence there is no God, but certainly a necessary crutch to deal with such untold pain.

What does God have to do with this? God did not pull the trigger. If one wanted to go off on an equallyoutlandish tangent, one could argue that this is the Lord's will because of the sinful message(s) depicted in the Batman movie. If the people had not been engaged in sinful pursuits, then they would have been spared death.

The aforementioned is silly, but no sillier than your claim.

Who gives a flip. Not trying to debate God and shouldn't brought up. Hard for me to reconcile things and more evidence in my struggles spiritually. My issue is I hear God is everything or nothing, nothing happens in God's world by mistake and etc. If this is true, then Gid would be equally responsible for the bad as well as the good.

I see nothing here but human actions. The world is a cruel place and bad things happen.

I just cannot reconcile the pain of losing a 6 year old and a soon to be born child. That was there entire family. I saw father, who would not show his face, being interviewed outside the hospital right after this happened and while his wife was still in surgery. Just no God or divine power in this at all so God must be nothing if the truism of all or nothing is correct. If a God allows this to happen to people, then us that really a good God.

Sheez, sorry for dumping. Just sitting next to my 10 month old reading this makes me sick and angry.

Sad !

Another sad outcome will be that it will be same old, same old, regarding (laxness of) gun control in the US. Pro-gun people will continue with their 'Guns don't kill people; people kill people' garbage; and the government will most probably not take any action towards stricter gun control.

Edited by JemJem

Sad !

Another sad outcome will be that it will be same old, same old, regarding (laxness of) gun control in the US. Pro-gun people will continue with their 'Guns don't kill people; people kill people' garbage; and the government will most probably not take any action towards stricter gun control.

Colorado has rather strict gun control laws and the theater was a "gun free" zone.

What good did these restrictions do?

• Like 1

A news theatre close by made news today when three people with guns were seen in theatre. All three had permits and were asked to leave movie, go outside, put gun in car and come back to movie. Another gun free theatre.

A news theatre close by made news today when three people with guns were seen in theatre. All three had permits and were asked to leave movie, go outside, put gun in car and come back to movie. Another gun free theatre.

...and I presume the three people legally permitted to carry weapons did as they were asked and nobody got shot?

Sad !

Colorado has rather strict gun control laws and the theater was a "gun free" zone.

Sure about that ? How strict are they anyway ? Surely not as strict as the ones in Australia and in most countries in Europe.

the guy who did this would not have dared

to go into a cinema in the bronx or harlem,

for as soon as he pulls out a gun

their would have been 50 to 100 guns pointing at him

and he would have been dead on the first bang !!!

he new he had no opposition , just a weak peace of shit ,

narcissistic psychomad.gif

Why did he do it ?

Because he could.

feel sorry for the people .

and very angry

that their was no armed security....

Edited by redroo

Why did he do it ?

Because he could.

and very angry

Okay, you are basically making two points :

1) You are saying that if several people in the cinema had been armed, one of them would have taken this guy out.

Not necessarily : even if at least one cinema-goer decides to take on this guy, how can we know that he would be able to take this guy out, and also of course preferably without harming others. That guy could kill innocent people instead. And, besides, there might be more chaos in the cinema.

Also, don't forget that the murderer was wearing a bullet-proof vest and some other protection.

2) You are saying that if there had been armed security in the cinema, things wouldn't have turned out this badly.

Possible ! But I will make 2 points : a. Providing armed security for every cinema in the country ?! Come on, man. This is not realistic. b. Ok, the security guy with the gun hears the bullet sounds and goes inside and takes on the killer. The killer could take out the security guy too, with the advantage of having a bullet-proof vest on. Also, quite a bit of damage would still be done by the time the security guy enters that room anyway.

I will repeat what I wrote before. If people know that what awaits intentional murder is a life sentence with no chance of parole, to be spent in the tiniest possible cell (only one hour a day being able to be spent outside the cell), then a significant number of potential killers wouldn't commit the crime. In other words, A LOT TOUGHER SENTENCING is the key, in my opinion.

Edited by JemJem

Sad !

Sure about that ? How strict are they anyway ? Surely not as strict as the ones in Australia and in most countries in Europe.

The gun laws in Australia and Europe had no impact on the actions in Colorado.

Additionally, most Americans don't care what the gun laws in Australia and Europe are. Count me as one of them.

Edited by chuckd
  • Like 1

Why did he do it ?

Because he could.

and very angry

Okay, you are basically making two points :

1) You are saying that if several people in the cinema had been armed, one of them would have taken this guy out.

Not necessarily : even if at least one cinema-goer decides to take on this guy, how can we know that he would be able to take this guy out, and also of course preferably without harming others. That guy could kill innocent people instead. And, besides, there might be more chaos in the cinema.

Also, don't forget that the murderer was wearing a bullet-proof vest and some other protection.

2) You are saying that if there had been armed security in the cinema, things wouldn't have turned out this badly.

Possible ! But I will make 2 points : a. Providing armed security for every cinema in the country ?! Come on, man. This is not realistic. b. Ok, the security guy with the gun hears the bullet sounds and goes inside and takes on the killer. The killer could take out the security guy too, with the advantage of having a bullet-proof vest on. Also, quite a bit of damage would still be done by the time the security guy enters that room anyway.

I will repeat what I wrote before. If people know that what awaits intentional murder is a life sentence with no chance of parole, to be spent in the tiniest possible cell (only one hour a day being able to be spent outside the cell), then a significant number of potential killers wouldn't commit the crime. In other words, A LOT TOUGHER SENTENCING is the key, in my opinion.

You conveniently overlooked the third point in redroo's post. Mr. Holmes was fully aware there would be no opposition aimed at him since the theater was a self-declared weapons free zone.

Redroo said:

Why did he do it ?

Because he could.

Your other point about sentencing is somewhat bereft of the facts. The severity of the penalty had no impact on Mr. Holmes' decision to act in the theater.

The law in Colorado is:

Second degree murder - mandatory sentence of 8-24 years upon conviction

First degree murder - mandatory sentence of death or life without parole upon conviction

The Colorado shooter will be charged with first degree murder.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_punishments_for_murder_in_the_United_States