Highway Thaiways

Thailand

Driving out of Chiangmai this morning towards Hangdong there was a guy on a motorcycle on his phone on the wrong side of the road (coming towards me).

Between the guy and his one hand on the handlebar there was a small child of around 3 years old standing holding the handlebars.

Neither the guy or the child were wearing any form of protection.

Not a totally unusual sight on Chiangmai/Thailand roads although as many things wrong as possible.

The only real difference that made me take notice was that the guy was a Farang!

• Like 1

Wasn't me but a farrang guy came at me last week from the wrong side of the road on his phone but no child and i always see tourists driving in the fast lane of the superhighway really slowly .

I drive a car mainly here but also drive a bike often .

Edited by rakchaingmai

It's probably a simple case of the guy being American (not British) and forgetting that Thai's drive on the wrong side of the road.

And the lack of protection,on the phone, and the child would just be incidental?

It could have been worse......if it was raining.....holding an umbrella in the other hand.

I am sure it can be done after seeing this guy driving with something other than 2 handsclap2.gif

And sharing an ear of corn with the kid.