Soap Opera

Wes Turner

Thai soap operas always make me laugh my rocks off and whenever I walk in on one there is ALWAYS a scene with a good looking high so woman having an agressive arguement with another good looking high so woman, and this seems to be the staple plotline for every episode!

The good looking high so woman shouting will be some kinda victim and the one being shouted out is always the nasty bitchy, often slightly better looking high so woman, and she usually ends up geting slapped and then a fight starts and they start getting physical.

Often trying to intervene is a good looking high so man, probably the subject of the dispute and my guess is that he's the boyfriend of the pretty one but he's been dipping his wick in the nasty one. Sometimes the guy is cowering nearby in his nice high so clothes and haircut, wondering what to do but not getting to near cause he will get a slap and often does. :D:D

I love it, I don't understand what they are talking about but Thai's tend to over act don't they so it's not difficult to follow whats going on.

Then there's the other soap operas that are even funnier and they even have exactly the same scenes going on day in and day out, only every action, every slap and every fall is accompanied by a Hannah Barbara style cartoon sound effect! :o:D:D

Thai soap operas always make me laugh my rocks off and whenever I walk in on one there is ALWAYS a scene with a good looking high so woman having an agressive arguement with another good looking high so woman, and this seems to be the staple plotline for every episode!

The good looking high so woman shouting will be some kinda victim and the one being shouted out is always the nasty bitchy, often slightly better looking high so woman, and she usually ends up geting slapped and then a fight starts and they start getting physical.

Often trying to intervene is a good looking high so man, probably the subject of the dispute and my guess is that he's the boyfriend of the pretty one but he's been dipping his wick in the nasty one. Sometimes the guy is cowering nearby in his nice high so clothes and haircut, wondering what to do but not getting to near cause he will get a slap and often does. :D:D

I love it, I don't understand what they are talking about but Thai's tend to over act don't they so it's not difficult to follow whats going on.

Then there's the other soap operas that are even funnier and they even have exactly the same scenes going on day in and day out, only every action, every slap and every fall is accompanied by a Hannah Barbara style cartoon sound effect! :o:D:D

It's the same every night, you never had a catfight in the Rovers Return or the Old Vic every night!

And my tour guide book tells me Thai's are polite and will go to extroadinary lenghts to avoid confrontation!

Amazing Thailand! :D

I find these to be the most annoying programs I have ever seen. Although I have often though there must be a lot of work adding the silly noises to the slap stick programs.

I find these to be the most annoying programs I have ever seen. Although I have often though there must be a lot of work adding the silly noises to the slap stick programs.

The silly noises on the so called slap stick programs are really annoying, with such bad comedy they have do all they can to con the people into thinking it's really funny.

There again it might just be that Thai comedy doesn't have the same appeal to non Thai people.

It's way too poor to me that the Thai's think that they have to push being GAY. You can't watch ANY frickin program WITHOUT a katoey or someone pretending to be one on Thai television. Sad really SAD.

Yeah, got to be one of the main reasons why there are so many of them. I've nothing against gays, but why shove it in everyone's face? One reason for getting UBC so my boy doesn't see all that malarky everytime the tv's on. The acting is horrendous and it's difficult to count to a minute before someone looks at the camera. Seeing grown Thai men laughing at these basically kids' programmes is pretty strange to boot. I thought Aussia tv was the worst until I came here :o

Yeah, it’s baffling to see a group of adults or teenagers crowded around a TV in a shop, laughing hysterically at one of these pantomime TV shows.

Compared to the these programs the actors in Brit and Aus soaps should be getting oscars and 'best Drama' awards.