Ride Motorcycle To Suvarnabhumi Airport

Sorry if I'm being stupid here but I am not sure of anyway to reach the airport without using the toll roads.

I will need to visit the airport each day for a few weeks, I will be provided a condo on ramkamheang - soi 70 or 72 I think.

Can anyone advise me of the best route taken? I can see a very easy link to the high ways but obviously a no go for my bike.

Thanks

Here's the best route. http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Thanon+Ramkhamhaeng&daddr=13.81131,100.73459+to:Unknown+road&hl=en&sll=13.707701,100.758448&sspn=0.013925,0.026157&geocode=FVoU0gAd5uv_BQ%3BFW6-0gAdfhYBBimBVjzdXWQdMTFRjSUfsgABEw%3BFTYn0QAd1moBBg&mra=dme&mrsp=2&sz=16&via=1&t=m&z=16

But be sure to take the SECOND left turning after you do the U-turn in the airport grounds. Take the first one and you'll be heading upto departures and swiftly hunted down by security or police.

Or you could head down Srinakarindra and follow the expressway's side roads, but there's a few twists and turns and a U-turn or two under the expressway it's self. Once you master this route i think it would be quickest. Oh and you'll pass my house on those ring roads too biggrin.png

I can't seem to get google maps to take the side road... :(

Edited by karlos

Easiest way would be along Ramkamhaeng going east, go under the outer ring road and turn right onto the outer ring road entrance/slip road, signposts to Bang Na and probably the airport whistling.gif keep LEFT and go down the outer ring road service road all the way until it turns left at the motorway. Follow this all the way until the traffic light at Romklao Road . Turn right on Romklao go all the way until the end and this is where my knowledge runs out but turn left and you will find signs at surface level to the airport without going on any overpass etc. as I don't know exactly where in the airport you wish to go.

Google maps would be your friend except it doesn't know anything about the service roads unless you force it to. Like this http://goo.gl/maps/l3VUE

CAUTION: When going home you cannot back track exactly because of the entrance slip road onto the outer ring road that you took on the way there ( ONE WAY)

So as you ride along the side of the outer ring road look out for and take note of the two U turns that there are. Probably the easiest to spot because you have a landmark is the one just after you pass the toll booths. So on the way home take the U turn under the ORR just before the toll booths then head north on the opposite service road, (If you fancy a pork knuckle and a beer stop at Hofhaus) until you reach Ramkamheang and turn left.

If you look at the above Google maps link the two blue circles are where the U turns are.

Edited by VocalNeal

Easiest way would be along Ramkamhaeng going east, go under the outer ring road and turn right onto the outer ring road entrance/slip road, signposts to Bang Na and probably the airport whistling.gif keep LEFT and go down the outer ring road service road all the way until it turns left at the motorway. Follow this all the way until the traffic light at Romklao Road . Turn right on Romklao go all the way until the end and this is where my knowledge runs out but turn left and you will find signs at surface level to the airport without going on any overpass etc. as I don't know exactly where in the airport you wish to go.

Google maps would be your friend except it doesn't know anything about the service roads unless you force it to. Like this http://goo.gl/maps/7aFSc

I was told by a moto-taxi that I could run along side the ring road, and would have to go 'under' it a few times. This was in Thai and my understanding is so-so at best so thanks for that post VNeal.