Thai Expat Tv - Pattaya Open Day Weekend - 4Th & 5Th August 2012

thaiexpattv

Dear Members,

Thai Expat TV is proud to announce our debut Open Day in Pattaya: Saturday 4th August & Sunday 5th August / 10am – 7pm (see poster below for map).

Full details can be found on this link: https://www.thaiexpat.tv/pattaya.php

The Thai Expat TV team has a full demonstration showroom located opposite the Big C Superstore on Sukhumvit Road. You are all most welcome to bring the family and your laptop down and see what all the fuss is about.

There will be free refreshments all day and Thai Expat TV's friendly staff will be on hand to demonstrate their state-of-the-art set top box, which is guaranteed to blow you away with its unrivaled picture quality & sound.

The software player (Windows PC only) will also be available to play around with and you are invited to have the player installed on your laptop (don't forget to bring it) with a full 7 day trial, to really test out the system before you make any purchases.

If you are out of town or have friends going to or in the Pattaya area this weekend, please forward this message those individuals.

Hope to see you all there!

Many Thanks,

Thai Expat TV

www.thaiexpat.tv

pattayaposteraugustsm.jpg

The idea that "Most modern houses, condos or apartments in Thailand will have an internet connection of over 3MB, which is the minimum requirement to live stream our service" is optimistic, at best, unless you mean "will" as in will at some unknown time in the future.

Edited by Rimmer
fonts

Dear LeCharivari,

We have found that most internet connections in Thailand are now well above 3mbps. We do not require international bandwidth as all streams are broadcasted directly from Thailand, without the use of any VPN or proxy system.

You can check your domestic internet bandwidth here: www.speedtest.net

Many Thanks,

Admin

I have a 6MB line but couldn't stream without stuttering on the 2 day trial during the Euros - I still get your emails despite discontinuing the trial and they have no unsubscribe ability...

Dear 2unique,

If you do not wish to receive any further updates from Thai Expat TV, please reply to the email message with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line.

However if you would like to try out the free trial again please send us a mail to [email protected] and we will re-activate this for you.

Many Thanks,

Admin

Dear 2unique,

If you do not wish to receive any further updates from Thai Expat TV, please reply to the email message with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line.

However if you would like to try out the free trial again please send us a mail to [email protected] and we will re-activate this for you.

Many Thanks,

Admin

Thanks for the information - It was really for the football, I've learnt to live w/out British TV. My speed seems adequate as per your speedtest so I'm not sure what the problem was...

2096519738.png

Dear LeCharivari,

We have found that most internet connections in Thailand are now well above 3mbps. ....

You've missed my point, which was that "Most modern houses, condos or apartments in Thailand" don't yet have a broadband internet connection as they are located outside limited areas of Bangkok, Pattaya and CM, and of those that do many are unable to stream live at a consistent speed.

I still have NO idea what this topic is about.

Its an advertisement for a company selling a set top box that will stream some British TV stations over a broadband internet connection to your TV for a monthly/annual fee.

Edited by LeCharivari

Dear LeCharivari,

We understand your concern, we have many subscribers in all deep corners of Thailand and they have no issues at all streaming our service.

We have seen that it will work on an internet connection that has 1.5meg download speed, but to be sure (so users can do normal internet tasks without interruptions) we recommend a 3meg minimum.

Thailand has come a long way with internet over the last few years and we feel very confident that if the subscriber wants to use our service then they can also subscribe to a good enough internet package.

There are lots of internet options now in the provinces, even if you do not have copper telephone cables in the area. TOT also offers a very good WIFI service that can be picked up in most remote areas by simply installing a cheap WIFI antenna on the roof of the house.

Many Thanks,

Admin

I will definitely be popping down to your open day as I am only a few shops down from you!

I have some questions before then.....

1. Is the quality of the picture better than I can get by purchasing a proxy server at 5 US Dollars a month and watching the live stream of these channels through BBCI Player 4OD, etc.

2. Do you stream the HD versions of these channels.

3. Can you provide a list of every station that is available through the box,

Thanks,

Howard (almost your neighbour!)

Hi Howard,

The quality of the broadcast is very good, all LIVE broadcasts are SD, however we do have full HD movies available on demand.

As our system is based in Thailand, it is a lot more reliable than using VPN or proxy servers to stream content.

Currently we have BBC1, BBC2, ITV1, ITV2, ITV4, Channel 4, More 4 and Film 4. All channels are broadcast LIVE and also with a 6 or 18 hour delay.

We also have "Just for the Olympics" 2 dedicated Olympic channels.

We will have dedicated channels to broadcast all EPL games that are broadcast live on TV. Full details of the sports package channels will be sent out to subscribers in the coming weeks.

Come in to the shop over the weekend and we will give you a full demo!

Many Thanks,

Admin

• Like 1