Is Hypnotherapy Available In Los ?

TwoDogz

I doubt it would be, just wondering.

Does it actually work "

I have never believed someone can just wave their ticker or finger make you fall asleep or in a trance where you can then remember everything in the past that some quack is asking you questions about.

I am curious as I cannot remember anything much about my school years as a youngster at a catholic school with priests.

I want to know if I was buggered by wayward clergy.

I would really like to try it, but guess I might need to travel west.

Its available in many of the tourist areas,guy walks into a bar and comes out hypnotised by some young Thai bird,the hypnotism continues and the said guy is forced into building new homes,and taking care of copious amounts of extended family,when the money runs out a click of the fingers and the guy is struck by reality and the fact of being brasic.

• Like 2

It's all in the mind.........if you are an unwilling participent, no waver of a ticker or finger will trance you.

You have to have an open mind and be willing to let your inhibitions be swayed..........usually takes about 4-6 Changs cheesy.gif

I started smoking when I was 12 and used to smoke 40-50 a day. In 1993 I went to one hypnotherpy session that lasted 55 minutes. I haven't smoked since. Worked for me.

Edited by endure
  • Like 1

I started smoking when I was 12 and used to smoke 40-50 a day. In 1993 I went to one hypnotherpy session that lasted 55 minutes. I haven't smoked since. Worked for me.

Wow......that truly saved your life.

I've never smoked so I have never really appreciated how difficult it must be for someone to stop..........congratulations endure. clap2.gif

Does it actually work "

I have never believed someone can just wave their ticker or finger make you fall asleep or in a trance where you can then remember everything in the past that some quack is asking you questions about.

I am curious as I cannot remember anything much about my school years as a youngster at a catholic school with priests.

When you were at school I think you would remember being buggered, I am sure I would.

Does it actually work "

When you were at school I think you would remember being buggered, I am sure I would.

What about repressed memories and all that.

Does it actually work "

Are you sure you want to do this - sometimes it's better not to know these things, and without real evidence, there's nothing you can do about it anyway, if anything did happen to you.

I had a cousin, heavy smoker, who also quit smoking after hynotherapy, it's a "profession" that can have a bad name, but undoubtably it can work for some people.

Does it actually work "

Indeed you might well be opening a can of worms, unleashing you repressed childhood memories.

On a similar note a good proffesional friend of mine since meeting a certain Thai lady and visiting the local village witch doctor/fortune teller has become distant and slightly detached. He has lost his sense of smell and does everything the lady says. This is truthful and quite worrying and to be honest i'm at a loss of what to do.

I need to know.

Do you have dreams about it or have you met some of the kids you went to school with who told you of their experiences...........there's more you're not telling us.

Sorry can't help with your OP, haven't had the need for one.

Cheers.

I need to know.

Do you have dreams about it or have you met some of the kids you went to school with who told you of their experiences...........there's more you're not telling us.

Sorry can't help with your OP, haven't had the need for one.

Cheers.

I dont remember my dreams.

I have never been in touch with any of the catholic school kids.

I did remember a dream yesterday though, from years ago...about my brother hiding in the woods.

I need to know.

If you're serious about this you need to see a Clinical Psychologist and do it properly - not mess about with circus turns.

But there is none in Los I would presume and if there was, could you trust them to bring you back ?

I need to know.

If you're serious about this you need to see a Clinical Psychologist and do it properly - not mess about with circus turns.

But there is none in Los I would presume and if there was, could you trust them to bring you back ?

When you're hypnotised you don't 'go away'. You're aware of everything that's going on around you.

If you want to know whether it works you're going to have try it for yourself. I kicked a 40 a day smoking habit in 55 minutes so it workd for me.

Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnosis

Contrary to a popular misconception—that hypnosis is a form of unconsciousness resembling sleep—contemporary research suggests that hypnotic subjects are fully awake and are focusing attention, with a corresponding decrease in their peripheral awareness.[5] Subjects also show an increased response to suggestions.[6] In the first book on the subject, Neurypnology (1843), Braid described "hypnotism" as a state of physical relaxation accompanied and induced by mental concentration ("abstraction").[7] In addition, psychiatric nurses in most medical facilities are allowed to administer hypnosis to patients in order to relieve symptoms such as anxiety, arousal, negative behaviors, uncontrollable behavior, and improve self esteem and confidence only when they have been completely trained about their clinical side effects and while under supervision when administering it.

Edited by endure

B ut how can it work, thats what I want to know because I do not believe in it.

I do not believe anyone can put you into a trance at their suggestion.

You have to fully cooperate with it. All hypnosis is in a sense self-hypnosis. The hypnotherapist just guides you in the process, and also provides the desired suggestions once you are in deep trance.

B ut how can it work, thats what I want to know because I do not believe in it.

I do not believe anyone can put you into a trance at their suggestion.

You have to fully cooperate with it. All hypnosis is in a sense self-hypnosis. The hypnotherapist just guides you in the process, and also provides the desired suggestions once you are in deep trance.

So its brainwashing and he could suggest anything and if I was weak minded, say like a smoker, then I would believe him and perhaps believe I was buggered by Father Joseph when it was just a story.

I would like someone to convince me it does work as it might help, but I am not into hogwash.

I remember as a kid watching people fall asleep on telly at the wave of a wand or the swing of a clock or click of some fingers....always wondered if it was for real or not, but could not believe it was.

I don't need hypnotherapy to convince me to wear pink furry knickers.

Edited by TwoDogz

I would like someone to convince me it does work as it might help, but I am not into hogwash.

I remember as a kid watching people fall asleep on telly at the wave of a wand or the swing of a clock or click of some fingers....always wondered if it was for real or not, but could not believe it was.

That's not hypnotherapy - it's showbiz. You don't need to be convinced - you just have to have an open mind. It doesn't work with some people because they refuse to allow it to. You won't know whether it works with you until you try it. There's no other way to find out - especially expecting strangers on a forum to persuade you that it does.

• 1 month later...