Temporary English Teaching In Ubon

arminbkk

Hi All,

My wife (Thai) who is an English teacher at a high school in Nayia (Det Udom, Ubon) is looking for a foreigner

to temporarily teach English speaking skills at her school under a special government project.

She asked me but I am working in Bangkok.

Apparently, as it is under a special government project, a work permit is not required (yes it surprised me also and so I asked 4 times!).

School: Nayia Suksa Ratchamangkla Pisek School in the village of Nayia, Det Udom, Ubon province. This is about a 40 minute drive from

Ubon Ratchanthani city. This is your basic rural government high school, with some air con rooms, decent computer room, 1,500 + students.

Teaching: English speaking skills for 2 days a week (!), 4 - 6 classes a day, to students in Matiyom 1 to 6. In the months August and September.

Remuneration: THB 10,000 a month (no other benefits, housing etc.)

There is a similar school nearby this one where they are looking for the same, except it is for 4 days a week, THB 20,000 a month, August and September.

Required: preferably the usual native speaker, but other nationalities basically have the same chance of being accepted!! (I'm Dutch and I could've gotten it).

They basically want a decent person that can speak good English. And given the temporary nature, no other special qualifications are required!!

If you are interested, or maybe know of someone living in that area, who has the time and inclination to do this temporary job, please call June: 08-0333-6211

Bit background: this project is originally for the period July - September. The school had found a native speaker before, but while processing the paper work,

he disappeared on them (personally, based on the stories I heard from them while dealing with him, they were better off without him, but that aside).

I've been to this school several times, as my wife works there, and have been in front of the class a few times. It is overall a nice school with nice teachers and students.

Hope someone can help them out.

Thanks!!