Can I Apply For Visa To China During Waiting For Visa Extension Approval In Thailand

Hi all,

I need to consult you again!

My Non-immigrant visa will be expired on 25 Aug, 2012. I will go to Immigration to make visa extension on 6 Aug, 2012. It probably take 3 weeks to 1 month to complete it, let's say 6 Sep, 2012

I need to travel to China on 14 Sep, I need to apply Chinese visa.

My question is " Can I apply for Chinese visa before getting approval of visa extension"??? anyone has experience on getting Chinese visa in Bangkok, doest it take long and whether it has express service......

Thank you. Hope to hear from you

Rose.

@londoedan: you mention about Sukh soi 11/1, is that visa company or the Embassy?

Thanks

That's the travel agent - Vega travel: at the top of this small soi - I've only used them once but they were very good, drop-off passport plus docs at 9 am, pickup at 4.30 pm.

@londoedan: Thanks, just one last question, do you need to buy travel insurance and fiancial proof?

I am filling visa application, there is a section ask for it...but as far as I remember, Chinese visa doesnt need..

Cheers

@londoedan: Thanks, just one last question, do you need to buy travel insurance and fiancial proof?

I am filling visa application, there is a section ask for it...but as far as I remember, Chinese visa doesnt need..

Cheers

I get Chinese visa's every year at the embassy in Bangkok. Never needed financials or insurance information. And you can get it back same day if you pay for the express service, was about 2900 for a 6 month double entry last time.

Cheers

I just left these sections blank - but I did need to provide flight itineraries and hotel bookings in Beijing.

Apply in plenty of time.

Just had my application for a Chinese Tourist Visa rejected, they want more documentation, you will need:-

Both visa forms A and B

Confirmed flights

Confirmed hotel booking

A non-immigrant visa of some form (if you have any type of Thai tourist visa or visa exemption, forget getting a China visa)

Your Work Permit (I'm on a work extension here, don't know how married or retirees will get on)

A Certificate of Employment (ditto above)

Copies of your PP photo page and permission to stay / extension