American Sriracha Sauce

WinnieTheKhwai

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure I'm following you junglechef. Are you suggesting I order it from these people in Washington, USA? I guess I could write them and ask them for a source in Thailand. Seems a bit funny that a Thai made product is so difficult to find here.

No actually I found this when looking for a local source hoping to find the company contact info here and asking who sells it in CM but when I saw photo and doesn't really show a shark or such so might be easier knowing what the bottle looked like (even though it was posted previously on this thread)

Just spoke with the Shark Sriracha Chili Sauce Co. in Chonburi and they said they supply Santapan Supermarket in Chiang Mai. I called the number for them that they provided me and Rimping Nim Plaza answered and said they don't have.

Just spoke with the Shark Sriracha Chili Sauce Co. in Chonburi and they said they supply Santapan Supermarket in Chiang Mai. I called the number for them that they provided me and Rimping Nim Plaza answered and said they don't have.

Tantrapan, not Santapan. Which is Rim Ping.

Not sure phone calls work in this country; best to just take a look when there.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Has anyone found Shark brand Sriracha Sauce yet?

I have ordered it 3 times now from Rimping . Each time ordering it directly with the manager, giving her photos of the label, my telephone number, etc. Each time I went back 2 or 3 weeks later after not hearing a word, and each time she just looked at me with a clueless look on her face and didn't have a clue what I was talking about and said "order again" - which I did 2 more times. Still not a word. Unbelievable.

• Like 1

post-47588-0-51781500-1380208053_thumb.j

My basic Thai can read the main label as Sriracha, but the rest I don't know. But I gather it's pretty ordinary - I don't have a refined palate, plus I was spoiled by having been given 2 bottles of that Vietnamese American Sri Racha sauce a few years ago (and have also been using Tabasco). This I bought at Foodland Pattaya Klang for about 27 baht. Bit sweet for my taste (15% sugar). But it's ok for me.

Cheers,

Wit.