2Nd Tourist Visa App To Australia For Gf. Likely Problems?

I thought I would throw this open to the forum for some feedback. smile.png

Some background...

1st tourist Visa

My GF came to Australia on a tourist visa this year in June and stayed for about 2 weeks. She didn’t overstay. I provided documentation to say I would support/sponsor her stay in Australia

We applied for the visa on May 10 (this year) through VFS and it was approved a few days later.

We received a 3 month visa and the dates of the visa were specific for travel between 3 June – 3 August. (We said in our app that the travel would be for a two week period in June).

When I return to Thailand in September or October we want to apply for another tourist visa: this time a multi entry tourist visa to Australia for her. I would like her to be able to travel as soon as the end of October.

My questions are:

1. Is there an amount of time you have to wait between applying for tourist Visas?

2. Because she has just been to OZ, are we likely to encounter greater scrutiny or have problems with VISA app?

3. Anything special (circumstances, relationship etc) that should be included in Visa app?

4. My preference is a multi entry tourist visa. Can anyone see any problems with this?

If you have any further advice or observations that would be most welcome!

These comments are based on gut feel only, so I could be off the mark.

I would like to think that there would be less scrutiny on a 2nd visa application than compared to a 1st application. The fact that she returned to Thailand after a two week holiday should be seen as a positive.

I'm about to go through a very similar situation to what you are. GF is about to apply (this week) for her 2nd Tourist Visa for Australia. Her first visit was for 3 weeks in February this year (was granted a 3 month, s/e). So she'll be applying for this visa only 5 months after she finished her first holiday to Australia. I've helped her with the application & have focused on trying to explain (1) the need for a longer m/e visa, (2) why she can visit Australia for up to 3 months with no impact on her employment, (3) showing that she was a compelling reason to return to Thailand, (4) that she is not a risk of overstaying her visa.

Because I'm in a very similar situation to what you are in, I will post an update on the outcome when it's known. (Based on her situation, I'd be surprised if her application is completely rejected for her 2nd TV. But the real unknown is whether they would give her another single entry 3 month visa, or would be more realistic & give her a longer m/e).

These comments are based on gut feel only, so I could be off the mark.

I would like to think that there would be less scrutiny on a 2nd visa application than compared to a 1st application. The fact that she returned to Thailand after a two week holiday should be seen as a positive.

I'm about to go through a very similar situation to what you are. GF is about to apply (this week) for her 2nd Tourist Visa for Australia. Her first visit was for 3 weeks in February this year (was granted a 3 month, s/e). So she'll be applying for this visa only 5 months after she finished her first holiday to Australia. I've helped her with the application & have focused on trying to explain (1) the need for a longer m/e visa, (2) why she can visit Australia for up to 3 months with no impact on her employment, (3) showing that she was a compelling reason to return to Thailand, (4) that she is not a risk of overstaying her visa.

Because I'm in a very similar situation to what you are in, I will post an update on the outcome when it's known. (Based on her situation, I'd be surprised if her application is completely rejected for her 2nd TV. But the real unknown is whether they would give her another single entry 3 month visa, or would be more realistic & give her a longer m/e).

Yeah thanks for replying and sharing that. Yours is a very similar situation and I will be very interested in how it goes for you guys (good luck!). smile.png

I'd also be interested in the reason you are giving for the (1) the need for a longer m/e visa. Is that primarily a relationship based reason? You can post her or PM me if it is private (and you want to share)

I think that u should have no problems in applying for 12month multi entry visa,

I successfully applied for my partners second visa wich was granted for 6month's ,

The things that i stated in the letter of support was the history of our relationship, i think if the department can see a genuine relationship they will issue the multi entry visa's.

I also included an itinery,wich included places we intended to holiday at, and visiting with family members.

The department should look favorably on her last visit as she abided by the regulations, i would also add a comment about that in your letter of support

Good luck

• Like 1

I think that u should have no problems in applying for 12month multi entry visa,

I successfully applied for my partners second visa wich was granted for 6month's ,

The things that i stated in the letter of support was the history of our relationship, i think if the department can see a genuine relationship they will issue the multi entry visa's.

I also included an itinery,wich included places we intended to holiday at, and visiting with family members.

The department should look favorably on her last visit as she abided by the regulations, i would also add a comment about that in your letter of support

Good luck

Thanks Nightwatch!

The itinerary is a good idea and one I'll be including.

Good luck

Thanks Nightwatch!

Agreeing with the above advice ... I always put an itinerary in as a seperate page in the application.

With the 12 multi-entry one my gf recently got, the 1st use of it was only going to be for a touch over 2 weeks and included a simple one page itinerary.

• Like 2

Good luck

Thanks Nightwatch!

Agreeing with the above advice ... I always put an itinerary in as a seperate page in the application.

With the 12 multi-entry one my gf recently got, the 1st use of it was only going to be for a touch over 2 weeks and included a simple one page itinerary.

I actually wrote our itinerary into the letter of support, I kept the letter of support pretty short but factual, but made sure to include in letter such things, as my employment and earning's (gives a picture of how u will be suppoting her)A history of our relationship,when me met and my previous trips to thailand and her previous holiday to Aus. (show's we are in a genuine relationship)

Bookman;

if you really wanted to put weight to the application u could get a JP to sign your letter of support,it would be looked upon the same as a stat dec.

You dont need to do this for a tourist visa and i did not, But i did include Seperately in the application a stat dec, stateing that we we are in a genuine relationship and that i would be suppoting her 100% whilst she is in Australia.

Edited by nightwatch
  • Like 1

Bookman;

if you really wanted to put weight to the application u could get a JP to sign your letter of support,it would be looked upon the same as a stat dec.

You dont need to do this for a tourist visa and i did not, But i did include Seperately in the application a stat dec, stateing that we we are in a genuine relationship and that i would be suppoting her 100% whilst she is in Australia.

Thanks once again nightwatch!

Edited by BookMan

Hi Bookman,

My fiancee has now had 4 tourist visas, They were submitted approximately three months after her return from Australia and all were granted within four days, so no problem with not enough time between applications.

That said, the second and third applications were for 12 month M/E visas with a comprehensive itinery and support letter, These were not approved and a threee month one visit visa granted, so a M/E visa is not a given. and as usual no reason is provided.

Good luck with your application

Wazzi

Thanks Wazzi. I feel better hearing that. If probable worst case scenario is a 3 month single entry I can live with that.

Call me a pessimist, but wouldn't it be in their financial interest to only issue 3 month single entry visas as opposed to a 12 month multi-entry visa?

Perhaps they should simply charge a slightly higher fee for a 6 month or 12 month application - might give them more incentive to approve those that request a longer visa.

I had read others recent experiences of getting their visa's processed in under 4 days. My gf put in for her 2nd TV application on Monday through VFS. She told me it was very busy & took a couple of hours to have someone process her application ermm.gif Anyway, the VFS person did something that really annoyed me.... When they went through her application with her, they looked over her application, asked her a couple of questions. They then told her that they'll have her passport back in 2 days time annoyed.gifannoyed.gif Needless to say I had to explain to her not to get her hopes up because it takes longer than 2 days.... It's just caused angst for my gf because she is starting to wonder if she's done something wrong in her application because it's now Friday & she hasn't heard from VFS.

Why they simply didn't tell her that it should be ready in 1 week bewilders me.

Call me a pessimist, but wouldn't it be in their financial interest to only issue 3 month single entry visas as opposed to a 12 month multi-entry visa?

Perhaps they should simply charge a slightly higher fee for a 6 month or 12 month application - might give them more incentive to approve those that request a longer visa.

I had read others recent experiences of getting their visa's processed in under 4 days. My gf put in for her 2nd TV application on Monday through VFS. She told me it was very busy & took a couple of hours to have someone process her application ermm.gif Anyway, the VFS person did something that really annoyed me.... When they went through her application with her, they looked over her application, asked her a couple of questions. They then told her that they'll have her passport back in 2 days time annoyed.gifannoyed.gif Needless to say I had to explain to her not to get her hopes up because it takes longer than 2 days.... It's just caused angst for my gf because she is starting to wonder if she's done something wrong in her application because it's now Friday & she hasn't heard from VFS.

Why they simply didn't tell her that it should be ready in 1 week bewilders me.

Yeah, you don't need anyone throwing up doubts when you are going through the process. For my GFs first (and only) visa she was pessimistic as anything, though the entire process was quick and problem free.

Im sure it'll be fine for you guys. smile.png