New Golf Course In Chiang Mai

ProdigalSon

You golfers out there may or may not know of a new course opening on the Hang Dong road. It's a nine-hole course of a similar length to Stardome and the prices are similar too (as far as I know). It's having a special opening period at the end of this month with reduced green fees. Called the Mezzanine, I believe, it's located inside the Koolpuntville 9 housing development which is on the Hang Dong road near to Kad Farang. I think it will be open from around the 25th of this month.

This is the 4th opening date for this course since the original planned opening in May.

The prices I was given at the end of May made it almost 4x the price of the similar Hangdong 9 hole course for 18 holes.

Posted more info on ChiangmaiGolfCourses .com

Prices from the list I was given last weekend: 9 holes weekdays including caddy fee, 750 walk in or 530 if you go as a member's guest. On the weekend it's 950 and 630 respectively. Memberships start at 25,000 baht for one year up to 90,000 baht for five years. These prices are for Koolpuntville residents. For non-residents the prices are 30,000 to 120,000 for the same periods.

As Thailand said, these prices are steep in comparison with other nine hole courses. However, for the opening period, 25/8 to 16/11, they're offering a 'special' rate of 480 baht for 9 holes on any day.

With these prices means that there won't be much of a budget for a good maintainence and fertilization program which usually equates into a course that will not be to desirable to play on in a years time or less.

Prices from the list I was given last weekend: 9 holes weekdays including caddy fee, 750 walk in or 530 if you go as a member's guest. On the weekend it's 950 and 630 respectively. Memberships start at 25,000 baht for one year up to 90,000 baht for five years. These prices are for Koolpuntville residents. For non-residents the prices are 30,000 to 120,000 for the same periods.

As Thailand said, these prices are steep in comparison with other nine hole courses. However, for the opening period, 25/8 to 16/11, they're offering a 'special' rate of 480 baht for 9 holes on any day.

That's 1500 for 18 holes,more than some of the better 18 full courses.

And the opening special rate of 480 for 9 holes,- ridiculous!

Won't be seeing me there.

No prices on there but I did post a list link on the website mentioned earlier in the thread.

Just as a comparison.

Sand Creek 18 holes 240baht inc caddy fee.

Hangdong 18 holes 340baht inc caddy fee.

Stardome 18 holes 700baht inc caddy fee.

Alpine 18 holes 1450baht inc caddy fee

Inthanon 18 holes 1050baht inc caddy fee

Gold Canyon 18 holes 600baht inc caddy fee.

Edited by Thailand

• 3 months later...

Just back from playing Mezzanine for the first time - probably not the last time....

Here's a write up:-

http://goo.gl/TBMWd

Your link did not work for me but probably the most boring, now overpriced, golf course I have ever played.

Doubling their green fees from THB600 last week to THB1200 for 18 holes walking now was not the smartest move.

Link now working.

Too many other good courses here,they need to review prices quickly.

Edited by Thailand

Seems like a lot of money just to walk around and hit a ball trying to put it in a hole and when you finally get it in you take it out and start hitting it again.whistling.gif

Yes well beer seems like a lot of money just to pour down your throat, piss it out and do it all again the next day. Different strokes, literally.

Seems like a lot of money just to walk around and hit a ball trying to put it in a hole and when you finally get it in you take it out and start hitting it again.whistling.gif

Like one of life's other vices, every 'hole' played is vastly different, some more challenging than others and a lot of the fun is in the approach play ;-)

Just back from playing Mezzanine for the first time - probably not the last time....

Here's a write up:-

http://goo.gl/TBMWd

The lower price is likely for residents of any Koolpunt development, not just 9. It's the same with the swimming pools and fitness; if you live in one of them and are a member you can use the facilities at any other one.