Baan Nai Fann4, Too Good To Be True?

hanuman2543

After living more than 10 years in the Issaan, I will move to Chiang Mai in the next 2 months. During my research about rentals in Chiang Mai I found a brand new 3bdr, 2bthr house in Baan Nai Fann 4, Amphoe San Kamphaeng. It looks really good, basic furniture is included and a nice garden for 8000 bt a month. The village has private security, a nice looking swimming-pool, fitness, restaurant etc. Sounds too good to be true. How is the location? floods? internet? overall maintainance etc? Anybody know how high the maintainace fee is and what is charged for water and lectricity? Advice appreciated.

Sorry, don't know the specifics of this mu bahn but there are many nice houses in the 8000 range short way out of town, I lived in town in a 3 bed, 3 bath townhouse for 10,000. Saw a nice little house for rent in rural Lampang for 2000. I mention that to illustrate that prices drop dramaticly in relation to distance from cities.

Edited by daoyai

I have couple of friends who seem to like it but they own houses there so they would say that as their opinion would be biased.To qualify that, you are more likely to get an unbiased opinion from a renter as opposed to an owner.

Seems to be a little isolated?

Way too far out of town for me.But if you have no problem with the distance it is not too bad.

Edited by Thailand

20 minutes to the city with heavy traffic. But if you can handle Isaan, you might enjoy it there. Price seems good but you might even get that down a little. I definitely would check out before signing any contract. Look for dogs, go at night for a ride through the community to see how peaceful it is.

I had one place that looked perfect during the day, but when I went at night one house opened up like a street tiki bar and played karoke crap. I would hate to have to live near that for even a week.

Hi,

we are a new agency in Chiang Mai, we collect all house, mooban etc in the next weeks. If you like, PM me your mail and I let you know as soon I find something. The service is free for buyers and renters! http://www.buyrentchiangmai.com

Free for buyers and renters
I would have thought so. You don't expect people who are buying a property to pay you?

Website very sweet but why do I have to look at all your properties when I just want to see rentals maybe house maybe condo. Vice versa if I want to buy why do I have have to see rentals? Not too much of prob at the moment but if you start listing your site's going to be pain the ars! to navigate.

Just some helpful advice.....

Forget the rest I LIVE THERE! Really like it. electricity is at cost, service charge is 350 p/m plus 80 baht for garbage. water is FREE! security excellent. Good clubhouse etc. i've lived there for > 5 years, reckon it's the best moo baan around. 20 minutes into Airport. At present lots of construction along the road but plans to widen the road to 4 lanes this year or next.

If you want more info. pm me or look at a video on You Tube we've made ( msg362) entitled 'must see' It's not labeled this moo baan but it is ours Forget agencies

Very peaceful ,few dogs,

Sankamphaeng is a small nice town, walking street on Saturday nights

• Like 1

Hi,

we are a new agency in Chiang Mai, we collect all house, mooban etc in the next weeks. If you like, PM me your mail and I let you know as soon I find something. The service is free for buyers and renters! http://www.buyrentchiangmai.com

I would have thought so. You don't expect people who are buying a property to pay you?

Website very sweet but why do I have to look at all your properties when I just want to see rentals maybe house maybe condo. Vice versa if I want to buy why do I have have to see rentals? Not too much of prob at the moment but if you start listing your site's going to be pain the ars! to navigate.

There are only 28 listings anyway, so it shouldn't take you long to browse through them.

Hi,

You would be surprised how many people belief they have to pay for the agency, in some countries, the buyer need to pay 2% and the seller 3%, in Thailand only the owner or seller pays.

On the search page you have the option to show only to buy or for rent. However, as it gets missed, I added a sort option also on the default listing page, should be clear now.

Yes only 28 but we will have much much more in some days