Shipping And Tax From America.

K4thomas

Hello all,

My name is Thomas and I just moved to Thailand about 1 week ago. Moved here with my girlfriend from Hawaii, and know have a condo in Chiang Mai, I have just a few questions that I hope can be answered without to much effort.

I plan to focus on photography while my girlfriend is going to teach English. I have most of my equipment here, but some bigger things were left at home. Mainly my iMac, I really want to ship it over but my uncle who lived here a few years ago said it will be heavily taxed. Is this true? I need to research it a bit more, but wondered if anyone knew off the bat if it would be worth it or not to ship it here.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Depending on what type of visa you came over on will depend if you are taxed or not . If you are relocating here with the proper visa you are allowed one shipment of personal items within the first 6 months of your stay . Now will they consider your items personal in nature thats another question , If they dont yes you ll get taxed and it wont be fun .... I shipped 5 boxes with all sorts of things and did not have any tax to pay . But I sent all this while I was still in the USA . My guess is you would be better off getting what you need here ....