Looking To Rent House On Dark Side

OliverJack

Greetings! I am looking to rent a house on in East Pattaya, also known as the Dark Side. I ride a motorbike and can live well off the main roads. I am looking for a house that's under 7,000baht/month and will allow for two spayed adult cats. Also, I am looking for a quiet location without loud music. I would also consider renting a house in Jomtiem.

Thanks for your recommendations!

It's in the low end but you can occasionally find small houses in that price range. Your best option is the notice boards (Foodland, Friendship, Carrefour Big-CX) and Thaivisa Classifieds. You can of course also try driving around, but unless you know which villages are likely to have houses in this price range you might spend a long time driving around.

I've been on the dark side for years and have never heard of an actual house for 7k. A townhouse sure, an apt or condo yes but a house no. The best I have seen is on bahtsold.com for 12k.

Good luck.

It's in the low end but you can occasionally find small houses in that price range. Your best option is the notice boards (Foodland, Friendship, Carrefour Big-CX) and Thaivisa Classifieds. You can of course also try driving around, but unless you know which villages are likely to have houses in this price range you might spend a long time driving around.

thanks for this - will take a look at ThaiVisa Classifieds.

I think it's tongue-in-cheek - i.e. as opposed to the bright lights of downtown.

The funny thing is it only got this name maybe 7 or 8 years ago and it is due to when the "Music Police" or copyright police went around for a few months giving out heavy fines to bar owners (Yes even Thai owners) and shut them down for 1 or more days. At this time there were actually quite a few places closed and without electricity and unable to open for awhile it became known as.......THE DARK SIDE.

PS: Most of this was on soi khaonoi but not all.