Hotmail Not Letting Me In

rott

My hotmail account will not let me log in, it seems to be telling me in Thai that my password is unacceptable as it has more than 16 characters. At least I think that is what it is saying, I can not read Thai and am unable to translate it.

I have had this password now for about one year, so do not know why it is suddenly a problem.

Any advice?

My long unused Hotmail account got hacked, I couldn't sign in (did this about once a month). No big deal, however my contacts all got spam mails and some of the old maids weren't at all happy with what seemed to be coming from me (mmaake eet biggerr...)

• Like 1

I have had the same experience with cooked.

All my contact mail addresses hacked and mails sent supposedly from me saying I was stuck in some country and desperately needed funds. They even chatted back and forth with my family reeling them in. Luckily, when they were just about to send the, not small amount of money, I was called to confirm. Bastards.

Closed hotmail account in disgust and will never use Microsoft products as they don't care their customers one iota. A look at hotmail forum revealed that this is rife with hotmail. Security? What security? Then they reduce the password characters. You chose.......

From 2 weeks ago Microsoft changed hotmail.To sign in in your hotmail account,just take the 16 first letters or what ever you used,and you can sign in with just 16 letters etc.I did this and the problem was solved.Bye.Roger.

Roger, thank you very much. I had actually tried this a few times when I first had the problem (which is more than two weeks ago for some reason), tried it again now and got in---after a much longer than usual wait, but still, I did get in.

Thanks again.

My Hotmail account was Hacked by a Web Forum owner linked to Pattaya who's name shall remain nameless here (mores the pity) but caused unknown number of problems to rectify, not least of all getting back into Hotmail in the first place. You just cannot pick up the Phone to anyone to try and rectify either.

Right nightmare but sorted now for the moment before he starts again. ...

Guy spammed Financial Business Accounts linked to the London Stock exchange. Wrecked 3 Laptops (2 of which belonged to brothers) so they are looking for him likewise !!

IG Index want his Balls !!