Phuket To Buriram

BWFC

Gents, can anyone advise what the best/quickest way to get to Buriram is from Phuket? I was thinking about flying to Udon Thani (Air Asia) and then hiring a car and driving but according to google maps it's 6 hours (350klm) which is pretty much more or less the same time it takes to get there from Bangkok.

Any ideas are welcome

Thanks

MC

There is no flight to Buriram anymore (PB AIR R.I.P). The best ways are:

Phuket to Bangkok, Bangkok to Khon Khaen by air and Khon Kaen Buriram by road, bus or car 163 KL

Phuket to Bangkok, Bangkok to Ubon Ratchathani by air and Ubon Ratchathani by road, bus or car 189 KL

Thai Airways do the Bangkok to Khon Khaen flight

Nok Air and Air Asia do the Bangkok to Ubon Ratchathani flight

There may be flights this week from Don Muang to Buriram airport, you phone the airport. It might not be a very large aircraft. Nok Air will have a slightly larger aircraft flying 3 times a week starting in September. Another option is to fly from Phuket to Don Muang, and take a metered taxi a short drive to the NCA.co.th dedicated modern clean bus station and take one of the 8 non stop Gold Class comfortable 32 passenger white single level Mercedes buses to Buriram bus station. 340 baht well spent for that comfortable, stress free non stop ride. You can book a ticket and in fact the seat on the phone, pay at 7-11 in advance, but more than one day in advance for that sort of purchase. You will see four departures in the morning and then 4 evening departures from the dedicated NCA bus terminal to Buriram. They make a brief stop at a larger bus station to pick up a few passengers and then go straight to Buriram with perhaps only two very brief stops to drop off passengers. Meal and snack is served on board, no meal stops, no fuel stops, a genuine door to door good experience. There are enough signs and announcements in English at the Bangkok dedicated NCA bus station to facilitate a Farang making the correct bus and not ending up on a bus back towards Phuket or to Khon Kaen.

• Like 1

Gents,

Thanks very much for the information, I've decided on flying to Ubon Ratchathani on Air Asia and then renting a car, distance is around 350Klm. I was going to Udon Thani but the flight arrives around 1800 and I did not fancy driving at night, best to stick to day light I think considering I will be alone.

Thanks once again for all the information

I live in Buriram. My suggestion would be to fly to BKK and either hire or rent a car from there. Flying just doesnt make sense because you then have at two hour drive from any of the nearest airports. Assuming you have a bit of a wait for your flight, one hour in the air, 45 minutes to get your bag and then a two hour drive...you are already spending 4-5 hours to make the flight from BKK. You can do it by car in the same time and cheaper too.

I always hire a taxi to do it for me. This way you have some flexiblity. Stop when you when you want for food, beer or a piss, sleep, read a book etc. BKK to Buriram by taxi is now usually about 3500. (negotiated down from 5000)