Kill All Life Except For Humans Is The Motttttto In Thailand

RobertCompassion

So many rare species of life going extinct in Thailand and the overpopulation of humans is getting worse. I see pregnant women everywhere. People chopping down entire ecoystems to erect rubber and palm tree plantations. Endangered frogs are hunted daily. Thai people are NOT starving. I went through the Isaan region last week and most people were quite well fed and pleasantly plump compared other asians. Buddhists are taught primarily NOT to kill life and I dont understand how a nation with over 35 thousand temples and over a million monks cannot stop this massacre of life? If they see an animal, they kill it. I would love to have seen Thailand a century ago with such an amazing abundance of life flourishing in so many different habitats here. This is a problem throughout Asia and it seems like Laos and Burma have the most pristine NATURE in all of the ASEAN countries and ironically also communist and less populated by humans and western corporations. BUT this is all changing. Right now I am raising some rare frogs and I want to release them in a place where they won't be hunted by these murderers with headlights roaming the ditches at night! Any ideas near Chaiyaphum?

• Like 1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im still trying to work out if Thais dont eat dog then wheres all the dogs in my wifes village keep going?Ive asked what happened to their dog or next doors dog or even my wifes dads dogs? The answers are quite vague and I find it very suspiciouswhistling.gif Ive got my eye on the problem and they dont think Im watching (and dont tell em) but I am!

Im still trying to work out if Thais dont eat dog then wheres all the dogs in my wifes village keep going?Ive asked what happened to their dog or next doors dog or even my wifes dads dogs? The answers are quite vague and I find it very suspiciouswhistling.gif Ive got my eye on the problem and they dont think Im watching (and dont tell em) but I am!

And if you find out they are eating them what exactly do you intend to do about it? Be careful mate; you could end up being next in the pot !

Hey OP, you cant just raise and release what you call rare frogs. australia released cane toads and dont know where your from but those little bastids caused major issues.

Agreed. Surely the OP--purporting to be some sort of animal (reptile) lover--should recognize that introducing a non-indigenous species into a new habitat/ecosystem can cause all manner of problems. Not smart.

there are about 250,000 monks in Thailand not over 1,000,000 as op states. Facts, etc.

249999 too many IMO but the OP is correct MANY Thais have no concern for their environment, rubbish everywhere, pollution etc etc needs tight control, it wont happen until there is a plague or something........................even then wont be the Thais fault.

• Like 1

Hey OP, you cant just raise and release what you call rare frogs. australia released cane toads and dont know where your from but those little bastids caused major issues.

Agreed. Surely the OP--purporting to be some sort of animal (reptile) lover--should recognize that introducing a non-indigenous species into a new habitat/ecosystem can cause all manner of problems. Not smart.

Looking at Thai immigration there is virtually no control or at best very lax.

The OP never said that the frogs weren't indigenous... Calm down people...

Same thing happened in the West.. We've only been wising up for the last ~10years and even then a large percent of the population is still going against the environmentalist movement.

Im all for thai bashing, im first in line actually, but this is a thing of humans and not just of the thai specie

Edited by BabyJebus

Nothing to do with Buddhist and temples...The monks, too don't care and ORDER pork....

How does a monk order food?

There are temples with kitchen (don't know if all or only some)...and the cook buys pork.

Last time I was in NST in the back was a table full of monks eating there (could not see what they ate, but I guess not vegetarian) to my surprise they drank coke from the bottle.

(look how many fat monks exist, they don't fat from what they get on their morning run)

And if you find out they are eating them what exactly do you intend to do about it? Be careful mate; you could end up being next in the pot !

huh? theyre perhaps eating dog with a little bit of cat not humans! far out theyre not savages if thats whay you think? Edited by krisb

Nothing to do with Buddhist and temples...The monks, too don't care and ORDER pork....

There are temples with kitchen (don't know if all or only some)...and the cook buys pork.

Last time I was in NST in the back was a table full of monks eating there (could not see what they ate, but I guess not vegetarian) to my surprise they drank coke from the bottle.

(look how many fat monks exist, they don't fat from what they get on their morning run)

yeah just cause your a monk doesnt mean you dont like coke. they eat and drink what they like including coke mc donalds kfc etc long as its before 11am no problem. just no alcohol. Edited by krisb

The OP never said that the frogs weren't indigenous... Calm down people...

sorry.gif

Ignorance, poverty, drives many to kill or eat what ever's in arms reach that can't scurry away.

This is a global issue.

You are correct to point.

Here is a quote from the posters rant that explains the problem. Would have been better if he had kept his politics out of it they have nothing to do with the problem and would hardly call Burma Communist. More like a dictatorship fading into democracy.

"This is a problem throughout Asia and it seems like Laos and Burma have the most pristine NATURE in all of the ASEAN countries and ironically also communist and less populated by humans and western corporations.

• Like 1

there cant be both: a pristine nature and a developing country...

though, after all the world has been through - and destroyed - with all the experience gained and research done, someone could now really find the "middle way"...

• Like 1

Right, I've seen fat ones too (even on an airplane[!]), but I've seen macerated ones too. Somebody once said, the size of a monk's belly is in reverse proportionality a measurement of his spirituality...