Muay Thai For Locals.

LivinLOS

I just realized that where I lived before I used to go to bouts every few months, and in the time I have been up here I havent gone to any.

I assume theres a more than one ring / promotion here ?? I also assume theres stuff for tourists and demo fights and stuff thats more competitive. Not looking for Loh Kroh sparring for tips.

Quick bit of digging showed up Kawilia stadium and the Thapae one (which I assumed was a tourist biased setup) are these the only 2 ??

Any comments on best location, best events, etc etc..

Not expecting Lumpini but any input on whats here is appreciated.

Kawila had a big fire a few years ago and hasn't reopened yet, although I believe they plan on it. For now the most regular fights are at the Night Bazaar--not the same show fights that you mentioned, but at an outdoor stadium off of Charoenprathet Soi 1 (the first soi on the left as you enter the Night Bazaar). That soi comes out one way to Chang Klan, so if you're driving you pass soi 1 and turn in the next one that takes you past Le Spice, then you turn left into the parking area that runs right up to the fight venue. There's other decent shows around town, like in Mae Rim at the Mae Rim Plaza, but they're irregular and you'd need to ask some of the boxers or promoters when they are scheduled.

Thanks for that..

Am I right in suspecting the Thapae one is more tourist priced / quality ??

Not sure which venue that is? Are you talking about the Bar Beer area? Even those fights can be good pair ups but probably not as a general rule.