Is a new TM 30 needed after returning to my home address after overseas trip please?

Posted (edited)

On a non O with a re entry permit, to landing time change I will stay a nhotel cChinagmai before returning to my family home.

1 Is a new TM30 needed and how soon, will arrive Friday too late to visit Office is the following Monday ok?

2 Can my wife the one who is "hosting the foreigner" do iy with my passport or do I need to attend in person please?

All tips welcome, I mnaged to live here for decades without but it seems required to do extensions?

Edited by RubbaJohnny

Pretty sure letter of the law states 'within 24 hours of arriving back in Thailand' or words to that effect. Think you'll find that to be correct in CM.

TM30 can be reported online these days but you need to register to get a log in:

https://chiangmai.immigration.go.th/en/front-page-english/?fbclid=IwAR181nuY0QsiH1YtEXjM0UTet0suJttRs_Imu3cRXACS_Ysip4yCctLLcPA#onlineservice-2

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Sadly you are dealing with CM.

Seems that office requires you to file TM30 upon return.

Forget the urgent need. 

File when you can. 

Pointing out 2.2 in the OP of attached thread won't help.

Rogue office. There are others that have ignored TM30 rule change June 2020.

returned to my condo address 18 months ago in chiang mai and never reported TM30 to immigration, and have done a one year extension since, and no problem. 

• Like 1

CM in general follows the June 2020 police order and as long as you return to your TM30 registered address from either (1) abroad presuming you enter with a re-entry permit or (2) from a hotel/whatever within Thailand that has filed the usual TM30 for you, then you don't need to do anything; however, that being said, when you have stayed at a hotel/whatever in Thailand that has filed the usual TM30 for you, it's hit or miss whether a 90-day online filing will be rejected (even in that case, you can still file the TM47 in person without messing with the TM30 routine).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Off topic, do Jomtien still require a TM30 if you return to the same address and have long term visa, rumours are they don’t now but agents say they do ?

Over peak season Jomitien were requiring a TM30 for what you mentioned.

More recently, reports of TM30 were not required.

Who knows with that office..

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Off topic, do Jomtien still require a TM30 if you return to the same address and have long term visa, rumours are they don’t now but agents say they do ?

I have first hand knowledge and they only require a TM30 if you change your visa status, for example from 'marriage' to 'retirement', or you have a new passport.

I did a TM30 in march. new passport and I asked the officer and that is what she told me.

7 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

It is 24 hours after entering the country or returning from local travel where they may have filed another TM30. If you stay at a hotel, file again.

No

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

I have first hand knowledge and they only require a TM30 if you change your visa status, for example from 'marriage' to 'retirement', or you have a new passport.

I renewed my pp couple of months ago.

Had visa info and stamps transferred at CW. 

NO TM30 required 

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

NO TM30 required 

Biggest problem is there is no consistency with Immigration Offices nor even with individual Immigration Officers.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

NO TM30 required 

Depends on the office. The full rules say you need a new one to cancel one from a hotel. They are getting better about it though.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I was there just one week ago and they said I needed a new TM30 every time I enter Thailand from abroad while on 5-year multiple entry elite visa. They even said next time they will give me a fine of 1600 baht. Great service.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

The full rules say you need a new one to cancel one from a hotel. They are getting better about it though.

100% wrong.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Alldar said:

I was there just one week ago and they said I needed a new TM30 every time I enter Thailand from abroad while on 5-year multiple entry elite visa. They even said next time they will give me a fine of 1600 baht. Great service.

Which immigration office

I am also on non O marriage with multiple re-entry and belong to Nonthaburi immigration office. I left Thailand on 9th May and coming back on 25th May. 

Does anyone know if I need to visit Nonthaburi immigration office and fill out some form for submission?

22 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

100% wrong.

Nope. The TM30 has been around for ages. Even a house book does not supersede it, even though it should. Out of district refile. If you are in a more modern place they have it more automated now though. For the OP, definitely on a new entry.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

I did a TM30 in march. new passport and I asked the officer and that is what she told me.

Ask a different IO and you will likely get a different answer.

I did.

14 hours ago, RubbaJohnny said:

Thanks can my blue book holder Thai wife do it please?

Ask your wife to register as the house owner/manager on line. Or the app is easier so I am told.

Then filling in a TM 30 is a two minute exercise.

Quicker to do that than to read all of the different comments here.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, CecilM said:

Yes.

Each time you enter the country. (As I was informed by an officer at CW Immigration.)

Depends what visa status/ reentry permit is. 

How did you enter Thailand 

1 hour ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Two months ago two separate IOs told me not needed. But for some reason, they looked at my TM30 before answering 

14 hours ago, roo860 said:

returned to my condo address 18 months ago in chiang mai and never reported TM30 to immigration, and have done a one year extension since, and no problem. 

Me too but decided to fill one in after returning from a week in Bkk.The lady didn't blink an eyelid.Worth it for future peace of mind.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Kinok Farang said:

Me too but decided to fill one in after returning from a week in Bkk.The lady didn't blink an eyelid.Worth it for future peace of mind.

I've still got my tatty one from 7 yrs ago, with my same condo address. Been back to UK around 6 times.

Edited by roo860