Half Of Surveyed Thai Women Face Sexual Abuse: Nida Poll

webfact

Half women surveyed say Thai women face sex abuse: NIDA Poll

image_201208101618440FD424A2-D97A-4F09-C38A37AA6A194B25.jpg

BANGKOK, Aug 10 - Nearly half the Thai women surveyed said Thai women are confronting sex abuse, but Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra topped the role model chart as an exemplary woman for Thai society, according to a NIDA poll released Friday.

The NIDA poll surveyed 1,235 mothers on the topic "Thai Women" this week.

Asked about the problems Thai women facing in their lives now, nearly half – just over 47 per cent -- said Thai women face sexual abuse, followed by 43 per cent with family issues and nearly one in three – 31.5 per cent – with teenage pregnancies.

The respondents praised Prime Minister Yingluck as a role model of women in Thai society, followed by Myanmar Opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi, Paweena Hongsakul, head of the Paweena Hongsakul Foundation for Children and Women, and high profile political figure Sudarat Keyuraphan.

Ahead of national Mother's Day on Aug 12, the respondents said their mothers are their role models, and they urged men to take responsibility for their families and respect women.

According to the survey, 46.80 per cent of respondents said they want to see changes in women roles in the social and economic development.

Meanwhile, 43.5 per cent said they want to participate more in politics, management and decision-making at all levels and nearly 40 per cent said they would like to see gender equality. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-08-10

Uh...and just what sort of sex abuse is this? This really says nothing. If it's abuse of minors, that's one thing... sort of a useless article.

you sick man, "The NIDA poll surveyed 1,235 mothers on the topic" would your comment be so ignorant if one of the 1,235 was your mother

Uh...and just what sort of sex abuse is this? This really says nothing. If it's abuse of minors, that's one thing... sort of a useless article.

you sick man, "The NIDA poll surveyed 1,235 mothers on the topic" would your comment be so ignorant if one of the 1,235 was your mother

The point is the article is "useless" unless the terms are defined. As it stands without elaboration it is even beyond useless.

The problem with 99% of polls in Thailand is that it is impossible to understand the rationale behind questions asked and even more so to interpret the results.

Weak reporting. Weak research.

99% of Thai reporters dont think about questions, 98% of them don't ask any

• Like 2

Common sense tells me it is probably true. But what is actual sexual abuse. I know in Canada if you walk up to a women and poke her with your finger in the shoulder it can be considered sexual abuse.

I strongly suspect that there is a lot more sex ual abuse al over the world than people suspect.

But a pole inThailand is useless. They probably took it in a womens shelter. Who reallyy knows what guide lines they use.

On a personal note it would not surprise me if it was true. Remember we have a large segment of the population that sanctions abuse of women on religious grounds. They even go so far as to kill a women if she is raped.

• Like 1

What percentage of Thai men are (claiming to be) confronting sex abuse?

(Just to be fair)

Not important and only allowed 1 % of all yearly news is allowed to cover this type of story. Like the blacks in America. If they covered anymore we would find out that the same percentage of men and expecially young boys are assualted everyday here. But then it's the feminist group reporting this stuff so there isnt any benifits to reporting about boys.

It seems that this is a survey of perceptions, not experiences. As women do experience greater levels of apprehension / fear than men in all societies (and regarding all facets of life) I am aware of, this result is no surprise.

The only issue I have with this is that it is another drop of the feminist diatribe that paints all women as eternal victims and all men as violent bashers / rapists dressed up as "research". This type of survey confirms my belief that feminism is not exactly the most unbiased ideology, nor the most ethical source of research.

I agree with this one hundred percent. There is a book called '' War against Boys" it is worth reading. One only needs to look at western countries to see what has happened. You don't even need to look there. The feminist groups came here about 12 years ago and now you have hundreds of dikes showing more aggressive behavior towards males and making themselves known in public places... while I dont' have a problem with. I know this was induced by the feminist groups from America....and they always talk about the men..Yet we see hundred of sex tourist dike women here. Nothing is ever said about them.

It seems that this is a survey of perceptions, not experiences. As women do experience greater levels of apprehension / fear than men in all societies (and regarding all facets of life) I am aware of, this result is no surprise.

The only issue I have with this is that it is another drop of the feminist diatribe that paints all women as eternal victims and all men as violent bashers / rapists dressed up as "research". This type of survey confirms my belief that feminism is not exactly the most unbiased ideology, nor the most ethical source of research.

I agree with this one hundred percent. There is a book called '' War against Boys" it is worth reading. One only needs to look at western countries to see what has happened. You don't even need to look there. The feminist groups came here about 12 years ago and now you have hundreds of dikes showing more aggressive behavior towards males and making themselves known in public places... while I dont' have a problem with. I know this was induced by the feminist groups from America....and they always talk about the men..Yet we see hundred of sex tourist dike women here. Nothing is ever said about them.

The higher level of fear/apprehension bit I agree with.

Second paragraph I don't. Mainly as I did not see it as a feminist issue but rather as one where in the poorer Isaan villages you see enough teen girl suffering to know that these youngests have more to content with than those born into most western "government welfare" countries. Also in those same western countries it is women who get extra health benefits. Why? Cause the majority of guys avoid doctors like the plauge yet bitch and moan when women who will be active and voicing their health and welfare concerns get their squeaky wheels greased. .

Edited by Roadman

How does abuse among Thai Women connect to Yingluck being a role-model?

- they are completely separate issues.

the article is about the % of women in Thaiand that have been faced with abuse. - ok. so thats the article.

its like saying: ".. but Jimmy Carter has a nice smile" at the end of the article.

yingluck being a role model is nothing to do with thai women getting abuse

Here we go . . . rolleyes.gif

Responses like this are to be expected given the number of foreign men in this country continually bitching about western women. I guess it was inevitable that one or two would crawl out from under their rocks to sound off about feminism and misandry at the merest hint that some Thai women might want it known that they have a shit time at the hands of some Thai men.

and so? they do surgery to have more sex appeal and that's exactly what they get... I don't see what the problem is... I made my boobs to get more sex and that's exactly what I get! I can't complain if guys ask me when I don't have time for it... I'm not going to file a complaint about that... The day I won't like it anymore i'll just remove my implants.

The world is gone mad... "I want to be more sexy but I don't want that guys show it..." How pathetic is that!

Notwithstanding the fact that you're obviously the mother of all trolls and although I'm not quite sure where silicone tits were mentioned in the article I think it's fair to say that Thai society is still relatively conservative; well, outwardly, at least.

The ordinary, everyday Thai women outside "the industry" that I've seen don't really show that much flesh if they can help it.

They don't want to be seen as strumpets. Short skirts and dresses usually have a pair of shorts underneath or at least a pair of "apple-catcher" pants to protect their modesty so it's not as if they're "asking for it", is it?

Here we go with Wow! another Hero!

While I would agree with you on one point, the mass majority of Thai women are very respectful and dress casual sexy "which is what i really like about them" they don't like to be reveling even the several that actually work in bars don't like to expose themselves " as ironic as it sounds. I know there are titty bars" but the majority of bars are not, girly bars, " yes but ", even they maintain that shyness.

Then the, " I can do anything feminist women" come from other countries especially the UK ( because this is largely a Uk tourist area) wearing shear tiny tops with no bra's along with the Canadian Queens, I won't leave out the Russian women 'while they are a relief for soar eyes after seeing the fat women from the UK. The Russian women wear see through dresses and pants with either frilly fancy G strings or nothing at all, with very low low cut tops and no bras.

I remember in America where they got on the news many times showing how men respond to pretty women in New York when they walk by, looking down their tops, looking at their butts, whistling at them, this was a very big deal for the feminist movement. Making men look bad for acting like men. After laws when into place and men started acting accordingly....what do you think happened? They started wearing lower tops with writing across the breast, and printing words on the ass of shorts, wearing more revealing bathing suits.

So what your saying is it is ok for them to dress however sexy they want because they wear shorts under the dress, "Not all of them" but you feel men should control looking at them " Right?". If that isn't an oxymoron then nothing is. Why wear the short skirts all then, what is the reasoning for wearing such slinky sexy tight curvaceous yummy little skirts, it's like saying it's ok for them to not wear a bra because while the shirt maybe see through they are covered right? and we as men shouldn't lo

ok

I also remembering listening to Oprah growing up teaching women what to say to men when stare at their breast...one was" Hey! hey! my eyes are up here". Read the book WAR against Boys

I wouldn't question your sexual orientation but every time I hear a guy like you start talking on behalf of women’s abuse I usually find out later that it's because they were a bit on the feminine side. That's alright by me, but if you are, shut the hell up about real men because you’re not. It's ok to want to protect women but I find these polls discriminating against young boys and grown men. Again there is a book called WAR ON BOYS read it! Feminist group is real and they have only one agenda, "Women". Right or wrong they don't care. The leaders of the organization say they are not lesbians but they are the manliest women I have ever seen.

Then guys like you who seem to be well read decide they want to be heroes or saviors. It's people like you that have in the past help suppressed the natural basic balance of nature by wanting to control boys, men and girls, women’s perversions alike because you personally find something wrong with it. The same as some religions in which they seperated the boys and girls to keep perversions out and now we see the results of that don't we. Cover ups cover ups by the so called churches, I won't name names.

In America since the 60s we saw a disturbing rise in children especially young girls sexually experimenting with other girls, and then Hollywood picked up this trend and ran with it. Because of people like you, we see more of the unnatural behaviors in our children because people like you find it disgusting yet you do it yourself in one form or another and you want to put rules and laws into force because of a minority with this issue give you a platform in which to spew your thoughts. Looking back I realize that men especially talking up and against this type of thing are deemed to be sexual predators or sex tourist in my country but thats changing because they see what has happened. Now they are trying quietly to do that here and they will succeed, we already see what's going on in public with the young Thai women. After awhile their frustration will set in and they will take it out on men. Mark my words. Thailand will become a strong anti male country....like Canada.

and so? they do surgery to have more sex appeal and that's exactly what they get... I don't see what the problem is... I made my boobs to get more sex and that's exactly what I get! I can't complain if guys ask me when I don't have time for it... I'm not going to file a complaint about that... The day I won't like it anymore i'll just remove my implants.

The world is gone mad... "I want to be more sexy but I don't want that guys show it..." How pathetic is that!

is that you in the Avatar? if so, nice rack.

Here we go with Wow! another Hero!

While I would agree with you on one point, the mass majority of Thai women are very respectful and dress casual sexy "which is what i really like about them" they don't like to be reveling even the several that actually work in bars don't like to expose themselves " as ironic as it sounds. I know there are titty bars" but the majority of bars are not, girly bars, " yes but ", even they maintain that shyness.

Then the, " I can do anything feminist women" come from other countries especially the UK ( because this is largely a Uk tourist area) wearing shear tiny tops with no bra's along with the Canadian Queens, I won't leave out the Russian women 'while they are a relief for soar eyes after seeing the fat women from the UK. The Russian women wear see through dresses and pants with either frilly fancy G strings or nothing at all, with very low low cut tops and no bras.

I remember in America where they got on the news many times showing how men respond to pretty women in New York when they walk by, looking down their tops, looking at their butts, whistling at them, this was a very big deal for the feminist movement. Making men look bad for acting like men. After laws when into place and men started acting accordingly....what do you think happened? They started wearing lower tops with writing across the breast, and printing words on the ass of shorts, wearing more revealing bathing suits.

So what your saying is it is ok for them to dress however sexy they want because they wear shorts under the dress, "Not all of them" but you feel men should control looking at them " Right?". If that isn't an oxymoron then nothing is. Why wear the short skirts all then, what is the reasoning for wearing such slinky sexy tight curvaceous yummy little skirts, it's like saying it's ok for them to not wear a bra because while the shirt maybe see through they are covered right? and we as men shouldn't lo

ok

I also remembering listening to Oprah growing up teaching women what to say to men when stare at their breast...one was" Hey! hey! my eyes are up here". Read the book WAR against Boys

I wouldn't question your sexual orientation but every time I hear a guy like you start talking on behalf of women’s abuse I usually find out later that it's because they were a bit on the feminine side. That's alright by me, but if you are, shut the hell up about real men because you’re not. It's ok to want to protect women but I find these polls discriminating against young boys and grown men. Again there is a book called WAR ON BOYS read it! Feminist group is real and they have only one agenda, "Women". Right or wrong they don't care. The leaders of the organization say they are not lesbians but they are the manliest women I have ever seen.

Then guys like you who seem to be well read decide they want to be heroes or saviors. It's people like you that have in the past help suppressed the natural basic balance of nature by wanting to control boys, men and girls, women’s perversions alike because you personally find something wrong with it. The same as some religions in which they seperated the boys and girls to keep perversions out and now we see the results of that don't we. Cover ups cover ups by the so called churches, I won't name names.

In America since the 60s we saw a disturbing rise in children especially young girls sexually experimenting with other girls, and then Hollywood picked up this trend and ran with it. Because of people like you, we see more of the unnatural behaviors in our children because people like you find it disgusting yet you do it yourself in one form or another and you want to put rules and laws into force because of a minority with this issue give you a platform in which to spew your thoughts. Looking back I realize that men especially talking up and against this type of thing are deemed to be sexual predators or sex tourist in my country but thats changing because they see what has happened. Now they are trying quietly to do that here and they will succeed, we already see what's going on in public with the young Thai women. After awhile their frustration will set in and they will take it out on men. Mark my words. Thailand will become a strong anti male country....like Canada.

As I said in my post, it was inevitable that the neanderthals would drag their knuckles over to the keyboard to mash out their responses and whinge on about how feminists have done this and done that. Still, for every seemingly emasculated whinger, there are thousands of ordinary men who just get along just fine with women. These men don't feel threatened; they don't feel emasculated and they don't give a monkey's about feminists - they're far too busy out there having relationships - both casual and serious - and lots of sex with willing girls and women - some of whom, heaven forbid - may actually be strong, independent women. <deleted> is wrong with that?

Are you really saying that men should be encouraged to ogle women like salivating hyenas?

Are you really saying that a woman on, say, the BTS wearing a short skirt with shorts underneath is "asking for it" ?

Is it really beyond your understanding that she might just be fashion conscious?

Boy, I Pity you . . . with a capital "P".

I accept that a woman wearing a low-cut, skin tight dress with high heels is dressed provocatively and if the attention makes her uncomfortable, she shouldn't wear the clothes.

The issue here is where the lines are drawn. Looking or staring; staring or ogling; ogling or making a lewd comment; commenting or touching. I'm no hero as you call it but, for me, discrete looking is about as far as it goes but I'd imagine that, given the vitriol in your post, as far as you're concerned, she should thank her lucky stars she's not bent over the nearest table, right?

Edited by HardenedSoul
  • Like 2

And there lies the beauty of the internet. You can be who you want. This is a classic answer from someone getting a kick out of pretending to be a woman, who isn't a woman. AND it got some 'likes', staggering!

And there lies the beauty of the internet. You can be who you want. This is a classic answer from someone getting a kick out of pretending to be a woman, who isn't a woman. AND it got some 'likes', staggering!

I like sensitive men like you.. You sexy man no sh1t I like you boom boom mak mak. You want friend me. I can have baby you if you got money for me.

I believe the article concerns Thai women per se, and not simply those shallow enough had a 'boob' job just to get laid. How sad. Will anything with a dick do? Because those equally shallow will be that what you will get.

As to the tenor of the article, I have heard many decent working (as in 'have a job of work which does not include bj's and spreading for a few baht) complain that they are tired of being sexually harassed. Well, they, as a nation, have really brought this upon themselves, have they not?

Edited by bosunhiggs