Tak Immigration Office Flooded

george

Flood hits Tak’s Mae Sot

TAK, Aug 11- Overflowing water from the Moei River has flooded riverside houses and business areas along the Thailand-Myanmar border in Mae Sot district of Thailand’s Tak province, causing cross border trade to come to a standstill.

The water level in the Moei River, which borders Thailand and Myanmar, on Saturday has reportedly surged by one metre.

Torrential rising water continued to overflow into riverside areas and houses on both Thailand and Myanmar sides.

Immigration office flooded

The floodwater has swamped about 10 villages in Tha Sai Luad subdistrict, the Tak immigration office, areas near the Thai-Myanmar Friendship Bridge and the Rim Moei market, which is located on the banks of the Moei River.

The ongoing inundation forced the cross border trade to be suspended and shops were temporarily closed.

Responding to the situation, relevant officials continued assisting affected residents.

In Myanmar's Myawaddy, opposite the border town of Mae Sot, business zones along the border were flooded. Several houses and vehicles were damaged by the overflowing water.

Owing to the closure of cross-border trading ports along the river, deliveries of goods were halted. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-08-11

I was just thinking of guys that have to go now to Maesot for visa etc etc stuff, make me think I am lucky my annual renewals are in May.

What do they have to do if the immigration place is shut or inaccessible go Chiangmai or what. ???

It would surprise me if the Immigartion office itself is flooded as it is on the first floor.

Downstairs yes but AFAIR the office is about 4 metres above ground level.

As of yesterday they are still open for border run. They have moved a few bit's around bit of a miss mash but so far seem's to be working.

It would surprise me if the Immigartion office itself is flooded as it is on the first floor.

Downstairs yes but AFAIR the office is about 4 metres above ground level.

As of yesterday they are still open for border run. They have moved a few bit's around bit of a miss mash but so far seem's to be working.

Were boats able to dock at the immigration office. :D