Mitt Romney Chooses Paul Ryan As Election Running Mate

george

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

""How are you going to fund tax cuts?".

This is the question that I said had been answered and the answer is by closing loopholes. It says nothing about specifics.

That's because there are no specifics: Again:

You said the question had been answered. Well, I'm asking you to put up. What loopholes are going to be closed to fund a 25% reduction in Federal Income Tax? It's a specific question and one that you said had been answered. So, if it has been answered give the answer here. What loopholes? Answer honestly. You said you like honesty.

Now look, if you just have no idea what the hell they're going to do to pay for the tax cuts then that's just fine. Just say so. It's not as if it hasn't been done before. You know, you cut income tax by 25%, this stimulates the economy so much that government revenues rise. Really, you shouldn't make me hold up your side of the argument. It's not fair, just like my taxes going to pay for those 47% of bastards who just take take take and, in my man Mitt's words, have no responsibility for themselves. The shame.

What about closing the loophole which allowed GM to accept a $50 billion bailout, go on to record record profits in 2011 and pay zero income taxes for that same year?

Hang on, you're making my head spin! Didn't USG just say that GM us going broke; that they were effectively bankrupt? Of course everyone has known all along that General Motors is really a mutated species of Corporate Communist. You know the sort - nationalize the losses and privatize the profits. Like Corn farmers. Bastards.

That's a low blow - to type a hypothetical question to the Prez, and then answer it in a ridiculous way, and then comment negatively on your totally off-base hypothetical answer to your hypothetical question. You can do better than that, come on.

Look at what you falsely attributed to Romney a few posts up. Pot, kettle black.

Totally different. I equated the phrase 'doesn't matter' with 'not worry about' - any speaker of English can see they are essentially interchangeable. I didn't put a silly hypothetical question asked to Mitt, and then espouse an outlandish response to it, and then draw a negative conclusion built upon two silly hypotheticals heaped one on the other - as a recent poster did re; Obama. If you want to make a point, then try and stick with at least a semblence of reality.

Your arguments have about as much substance as a benevolent movie actor responding at length to an empty chair which says 'shut up.' (sound familiar?)

Edited by maidu

Wondering if anybody has seen this little blurb about your "man of the people", Obama.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SECRET RETIREMENT PLANS: DOES OBAMA EXPECT TO LOSE?

Very quietly, Obama’s chief financier, Penny Pritzker, has entered the Hawaii housing market to buy a retirement home for the president and his family that will be available not in 2016, but in January 2013, according to a confidential source within Pritzker’s Chicago organization

Pritzker, a wealthy Chicago business executive and heiress to the Hyatt Hotels fortune, served as national finance chairman for Obama’s 2008 campaign and is the co-chairman of his 2012 effort.

The source told WND that highly confidential internal polls conducted by the Obama campaign indicate Obama cannot win re-election, despite public surveys that show him in the lead.

“The public polls are mostly political,” the source argued. “Obama radicals want Romney supporters to feel discouraged and give up. Truth is that Romney’s winning.”

Edit to add link: http://www.wnd.com/2...expect-to-lose/

Edited by chuckd
  • Like 1

""How are you going to fund tax cuts?".

This is the question that I said had been answered and the answer is by closing loopholes. It says nothing about specifics.

You said the question had been answered. Well, I'm asking you to put up. What loopholes are going to be closed to fund a 25% reduction in Federal Income Tax? It's a specific question and one that you said had been answered.

Horse manure. I already quoted the question that I said had been answered and that is not it. Otherwise, use the quote function to quote Chicog asking "What loopholes are going to be closed to fund a 25% reduction in Federal Income Tax?" You can't because that is not what he asked.

That's a low blow - to type a hypothetical question to the Prez, and then answer it in a ridiculous way, and then comment negatively on your totally off-base hypothetical answer to your hypothetical question. You can do better than that, come on.

Look at what you falsely attributed to Romney a few posts up. Pot, kettle black.

Totally different. I equated the phrase 'doesn't matter' with 'not worry about' - any speaker of English can see they are essentially interchangeable.

Here is what you said and it is not what he said and not what he meant.

Where is the 47% that Romney says 'don't matter to him' and who 'don't pay taxes'?

These are people who pay no income tax. 47% of Americans pay no income taxes. So our message of low taxes doesn't connect. And he'll be out there talking about tax cuts for the rich. I mean that's what they sell every-- every four years.

And-- and so my job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for for their lives. What I have to do is convince the 5% to 10% in the center that are independents, that are thoughtful, that look at voting one way or the other depending upon in some cases emotion. http://firstread.nbc...er-remarks?lite

Edited by Ulysses G.

Absolutely correct! Especially the Fox News Poll!

"Polling by Fox News released yesterday showed Obama with leads ranging from five points to seven points among likely voters in Ohio, Virginia and Florida. " http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-09-20/romney-faces-challenges-amid-republican-criticism-after-stumbles.html

Yep, Fox News - a cypher, a third column for Communistic Marxist Obamistas, wants Romney supporters to feel discouraged. Not just Fox News either - were talking big time conspiracy here. We're talking the whole dam_n News Corp trying to discourage Romney supporters.

• Like 1

"[They] will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47% who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to healthcare, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what … These are people who pay no income tax …

"[M]y job is is not to worry about those people.
I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

Who knew? According to Governor Romney 47% of Americans do not have, and cannot be convinced to have, personal responsibility and care for their lives. They're contemptible and his contempt comes through very clearly. They're the people who clean the horse shit from his horse stables. The creeps who polish his 30 cars. Thurston Howe III with Representative Ryan as his Gilligan. What a creep.

• Like 1

Entitled to healthcare - not on my watch pal

Entitled to food - no way Jose!

Entitled to housing - take a hike and get of my lawn punk

Imagine living in a shitty society where the social contract gave people the idea that they were entitled to food and healthcare simply because they were members of that society. What a shitty place that would be. Kinda like Israel. Those 47% that Mitt says will never take responsibility for their lives can take a bloody hike. Especially the seniors and those stupid working families dumb enough to earn less than 40,000 a year. Suckers. No healthcare? Tough shit. No food? Eat your shoe or your shit. No housing - buy a tent sucker. To think otherwise is to be a communist and a marxist and advocate the killing of children.

Edited by Neurath
  • Like 2

Too bad there isn't a 3rd party like Jesse Ventura running.

Two party politics, cannot speak for the nation.

A third party would be disastrous because it would simply split the vote for one side (Perot '92, Nadar '00). It might be better if we could have 5 viable parties and have a run-off between the top two if no one candidate wins 50%. That would shake things up.

Well, if you split the vote it's the nation speaking, then there has to be compromise and more working together.

Super Packs have got to go too, a country like America is in danger of having China run the country.

Edited by uptheos

Doing away with Obamacare might help alleviate some of the cost of a tax deduction.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$1.8 trillion shock: Obama regs cost 20-times estimate

September 20, 2012 | 8:51 am

Paul Bedard, Washington Secrets, The Washington Examiner

Current federal regulations plus those coming under Obamacare will cost American taxpayers and businesses $1.8 trillion annually, more than twenty times the $88 billion the administration estimates, according to a new roundup provided to Secrets from the libertarian Competitive Enterprise Institute.

And it could grow, warned the author of the report, Clyde Wayne Crews, a CEI vice president.

Complying with Health and Human Services Department requirements alone, he revealed, costs $184 billion a year, yet regulators are still drafting the rules for the 2,400-page Obamacare law that kicks into gear in 2014.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/1.8-trillion-shock-obama-regs-cost-20-times-estimate/article/2508466#.UFszj7LiaB2

Too bad there isn't a 3rd party like Jesse Ventura running.

Two party politics, cannot speak for the nation.

A third party would be disastrous because it would simply split the vote for one side (Perot '92, Nadar '00). It might be better if we could have 5 viable parties and have a run-off between the top two if no one candidate wins 50%. That would shake things up.

Well, if you split the vote it's the nation speaking, then there has to be compromise and more working together.

Super Packs have got to go too, a country like America is in danger of having China run the country.

I don't think Clinton when he won a meager 43% in 1992 thought he had to compromise with anyone. Not until the Republicans took Congress two years later. Right now many people are afraid to vote for the 3rd party because it will give advantage to the guy they don't want to win. And in the American system, you don't need over 50% to win. I think people would be more likely to vote for the guy they want to win regardless of how realistic his chances are of winning if we had a run-off when the winner didn't top 50%.

For example, as it is right now,

49.5% to Party A right wing,

49.4% to Party B left wing

1.1% to Party C left wing

...means that the right wingers win! OK, when I put it like that it doesn't sound too bad, ;) but sometimes it works the other way and the left winger wins.:(

The so-called "right-wingers" don't have to do a lot of convincing. They don't have to make excuses for massive unemployment, a failed economy, a failed stimulus that wasted billions, covering up Fast and Furious, not "cutting the deficit in half", divisive politics in order to retain power: and so on.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Wondering if anybody has seen this little blurb about your "man of the people", Obama.

Very quietly, Obama’s chief financier, Penny Pritzker, has entered the Hawaii housing market to buy a retirement home for the president and his family that will be available not in 2016, but in January 2013, according to a confidential source within Pritzker’s Chicago organization

Pritzker, a wealthy Chicago business executive and heiress to the Hyatt Hotels fortune, served as national finance chairman for Obama’s 2008 campaign and is the co-chairman of his 2012 effort.

The source told WND that highly confidential internal polls conducted by the Obama campaign indicate Obama cannot win re-election, despite public surveys that show him in the lead. “The public polls are mostly political,” the source argued. “Obama radicals want Romney supporters to feel discouraged and give up. Truth is that Romney’s winning.”

Obama and Michelle (supposedly) consider purchasing a house in the beautiful state of Hawaii. Republican attack dogs, always hungry to find dirt, immediatly tack the adjective 'RETIREMENT' on to the place - and then the smut machine starts cranking 24/7. Who would not like to have a home or 2nd home in Hawaii? He's got money, he's middle aged, anyone got a problem with that? Right Wing radio show hosts must really be hurting for dirt, if that's what they're focusing on.

The so-called "right-wingers" don't have to do a lot of convincing. They don't have to make excuses for massive unemployment, a failed economy, a failed stimulus that wasted billions, covering up Fast and Furious, not "cutting the deficit in half", divisive politics in order to retain power: and so on.

Yup, it might take more than 4 years to try and ameliorate the economic shipwreck that Bush Jr. piled up in 8 years of fiscal mismanagement. Before Bush Jr, things were humming along rather well after 8 years of Clinton. The US economy is a large beast - certainly more than one man can be blamed for. There are dozens of congresspeople and tens of thousands of big shot businessmen, and hundreds of millions of consumers in the mix. In his next term, don't expect all to be rosy with the US economy, but even some improvement is a plus.

In case the right-wingers haven't noticed, prices for consumer goods have spiked everywhere around the world.

In Thailand, the one best thing the government could do to alleviate prices ratcheting up is to enable more thrift stores and garage sales and 'classified' columns online and in printed rags. Ebay hasn't yet worked in Thailand, because people don't trust each other enough to send money to someone they don't know. And no Thais have come along with a Thai version of Ebay. That could change. With widespread availability of 2nd hand items, regular Thais would save money. What's needed most is a perception adjustment among Thais, that they don't need to buy everything retail, and that 2nd hand items are very often fine. It doesn't matter to the rich, but the poor Thai folks and hill tribers spend a large % of their meager income on retail items because they're convinced every purchase has to be brand new. Particularly grievous are slick dealers like Honda dealers, who sell new motorbikes to the poorest Thais at extortionary terms.

Yup, it might take more than 4 years to try and ameliorate the economic shipwreck that Bush Jr. piled up in 8 years of fiscal mismanagement. Before Bush Jr, things were humming along rather well after 8 years of Clinton.

Exactly. It takes some balls for right-wingers to blame Obama for it all when it's so obvious it all happened during Bush's years (the president liberals warned you against, the one you thought was so awesome).

The US was not just in bad shape but literally COLLAPSING economically when Obama took over. What kind of a miracle did you expect?

Even Steve Jobs did not put Apple back in shape in 4 years. And nobody was stupid enough to tell him after the first few years: "well you can't blame it on prior mismanagement almost bankrupting the company, how come you didn't make it the most valuable company in the world yet?" Duh. Righting a massive ship going in the wrong direction takes time.

• Like 1

The US economy is a large beast - certainly more than one man can be blamed for.

Not according to the president's own words.

i like to wish obama the most sincere of wishes for a second term,you throughly deserve it,your demour and actions has placed you in the posistion of being the greatest of all presidents since kennedy,you have achieved of bringing back some sembalance of respectabilty back to your country,from a all time low of 4/5 years ago.

• Like 1

Obama promised to cut the deficit in half and he added 6 trillon dollars to it.

Bush has not been the president for the last 4 years. wink.png

The buck stops here!

-Harry S. Truman

Not for Thurston Howe III it doesn't. For Thurston Howe III and sidekick Gilligan the buck stops, or rather should stop, with the 47% of shirking parasites who do nothing but suck on teats of the states until the bitch is dry and wizened. That's where the buck stops:

"[They] will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47% who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to healthcare, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what … These are people who pay no income tax …

"[M]y job is is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

There's problem with 'Merica!

Oh, and as everyone will see in the coming weeks before November 4th and then in the weeks after, the buck will stop with the "lamestream media", the "left wing media" who, having a vast monopoly on news and information, who will have ganged up on Thurston Howe III and Gilligan and robbed them of an election that they deserved to win. That's right, even if Obama wins this election he won't have a mandate to govern. Hell, he still won't even have a birth certificate.

The source told WND that highly confidential internal polls conducted by the Obama campaign indicate Obama cannot win re-election, despite public surveys that show him in the lead. “The public polls are mostly political,” the source argued. “Obama radicals want Romney supporters to feel discouraged and give up. Truth is that Romney’s winning.”

Obama and Michelle (supposedly) consider purchasing a house in the beautiful state of Hawaii. Republican attack dogs, always hungry to find dirt, immediatly tack the adjective 'RETIREMENT' on to the place - and then the smut machine starts cranking 24/7. Who would not like to have a home or 2nd home in Hawaii? He's got money, he's middle aged, anyone got a problem with that? Right Wing radio show hosts must really be hurting for dirt, if that's what they're focusing on.

A vacation home for $35 Million and he "feels the pain" of some 25 million unemployed Americans? Yeah, sure.

There ain't no "smut machine" about that. If the purchase goes ahead, those are the facts he will be facing.

• Like 2

"[M]y job is is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

Yes, but WHO are these people, these parasitic 47%??

Low income. There's no income tax if your income falls below a certain threshold. For a family of four, that threshold was $26,400 last year.

46% of the 47% are in this category

Benefits for the elderly. Some Social Security payments are not taxed as income. The elderly also get an extra standard deduction that lowers their taxes, in some cases to zero. 20% of the 47% are in this category.

Benefits for the working poor and children. These include the earned income tax credit, the child tax credit, and the child care tax credit. Because of these special benefits, a family of four (two parents, two children) earning up to $45,775 last year would not have had to pay income taxes, primarily because of special credits for children. 14% of the 47% are in this category

Other benefits. This includes itemized deductions, tax credits for education, and the income tax exemptions for everything from disability payments to interest on municipal bonds. 12% are in this category.

Talk about having no responsibility! Well, they should just borrow some money from their parents and start a small Private Equity company.