Mitt Romney Chooses Paul Ryan As Election Running Mate

george

Even Ted Nugent gets it. The taxes are just another of the endless diversions from this administration's lousy record.

Even Ted Nugent? Oh please. He's a known Obama hater.
Nugent's words were: "If Barack Obama is elected, I'll either be dead or in jail this time next year," which sounds to me like he's open to directing his disapproval of Obama in a way that is violent and unlawful. When you see that statement next to Nugent comparing Obama and his colleagues to coyotes that needed to be shot, as well as the need to "ride into that battlefield and chop their heads off in November," I don't see how that rant cannot be looked upon as a threat on the president's life.

http://articles.cnn.com/2012-04-18/opinion/opinion_granderson-nugent_1_ted-nugent-president-obama-barack-obama?_s=PM:OPINION

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Self-identified Republicans are significantly more likely than Democrats to have 4-year college degrees.

....yeah but they're AMERICAN college degrees........and do intelligent people really need four years to get them?

Regarding graduate-level degrees (masters or doctorate), there is a rough parity between Democrats and Republicans.

Are you suggesting that whilst Republicans may be able to afford to send more children to college when they get there the smaller numbers of poorer Democrat children overtake them for postgrad degrees.

Hmmmm, could be.......

You seem to be ignoring the post that claimed that Democrats have better educations than Republicans even though the quote was included in my post. There is enough dishonest anti-Romney spin on this thread without letting even more factual inaccuracies stand.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

You seem to be ignoring the post that claimed that Democrats have better educations than Republicans even though the quote was included in my post. There is enough dishonest anti-Romney spin on this thread without letting even more factual inaccuracies stand.

....was just having a laugh.

Don't need to be dishonest to find big fault with Romney. Thinking his sons are special enough to deserve $100m of what is, after all, the common wealth which beneficial taxes and laws and manipulation have benefited him with.....special enough to have more money than they can decently use at the cost of so many potential others......special enough that $1m wasn't enough.....that's all I need to know about Romney.

Cheeryble

Edited by cheeryble

When you look backwards you realise that the US seldom elected the most qualified man/woman to the top:

Nixon - too intelligent ... ehm

Siro Agnew -VP - corrupt

Reagan - a good actor

Gerge Walker - who didn't yet know the difference between Sunnis and Shiites, but starting a war in Irak; unable to foresee and control the financial crises

Cheeney - VP- couldn't handle his gun as well as the financial crisis

Pailin - IQ below a Thai student's

Exceptions:

Clinton

Gore

maybe Bush sen.

And now? Same, same.

Edited by puck2

Don't need to be dishonest to find big fault with Romney. Thinking his sons are special enough to deserve $100m of what is, after all, the common wealth which beneficial taxes and laws and manipulation have benefited him with.....special enough to have more money than they can decently use at the cost of so many potential others......special enough that $1m wasn't enough.....that's all I need to know about Romney.

Cheeryble

Are you saying if your father left you $100 Million, you would reject it or give it all away?

Yeah...sure.

• Like 1

Cheeryble

Are you saying if your father left you $100 Million, you would reject it or give it all away?

Yeah...sure.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

Given luck like that I would live in shame if I didn't devote my life to distributing hat wealth where it was best used.

My problem however is with the "giver", Romney.

Of course he's not really giving it to amyone it's staying in his immediate close family, like giving to yourself.

I find it obscene that he didn't think to improve the lives of thousands instead of giving his own sons more than they could decently use in any vaguely fair society.

The Romney-Ryan proposals on restraining increases in federal health care expenditures - a necessary task - are sensible and and viable:

http://factcheck.org/2012/08/a-campaign-full-of-mediscare/

Neurath,

Your article is premised with

"Lets start off with a reality check: Medicare has major financial challenges. As the population gets older, and medical costs continue to rise at current rates, Medicare cannot pay for all the benefits currently promised without an eventual tax increase, more federal borrowing, or both. Thats why both sides seek some way to slow the increase in medical costs, improve the efficiency of care, or get seniors to use fewer or less expensive medical procedures."

IMO this is gross baloney.

The proportion of GDP for healthcare and the military need both to not be held in check but cut back drastically to start balancing books and avoiding a potentially very dangerous scenario from reactive internal Right Wing politics as an Inexorable global meta-picture of other countries eatng away at America's previous advantages happens not-so-slowly but surely.

Edited by cheeryble

Yeah...sure.

It's interesting the things that anonymous people will claim on the intenet. whistling.gif

How would my life be better having $100m than all I could possibly need, a tiny fraction of that?

You think I want to be the richest man in the graveyard?

You think I'd be happy if as the trustee of so much wealth I kept it selfishly to my own tiny genetic group who happen to be around me all the time and who already had every advantage, and didn't share it out to all those so desperately in pain and need which I knew I could alleviate..............just as DECENT wealthy people have always done?

Our job should be to extract every last bit of value out of what we have financially.

The dubious fleeting enjoyment of an expensive meal or a bigger car or second house would be as nothing valuewise compared to what that money could buy for those really in need......not to mention the satisfaction we'd receive....

Edited by cheeryble

The Romney-Ryan proposals on restraining increases in federal health care expenditures - a necessary task - are sensible and and viable:

http://factcheck.org...l-of-mediscare/

Neurath,

"Lets start off with a reality check: Medicare has major financial challenges. As the population gets older, and medical costs continue to rise at current rates, Medicare cannot pay for all the benefits currently promised without an eventual tax increase, more federal borrowing, or both. Thats why both sides seek some way to slow the increase in medical costs, improve the efficiency of care, or get seniors to use fewer or less expensive medical procedures."

The proportion of GDP for healthcare and the military need both to not be held in check but cut back drastically to start balancing books and avoiding a potentially very dangerous scenario from reactive internal Right Wing politics as an Inexorable global meta-picture of other countries eatng away at America's previous advantages happens not-so-slowly but surely.

So the non-partisan fact-check analysis is "baloney" and your warped, far left rant is the Gospel Truth. It is time to cut down on the Kool-aid.

just as DECENT wealthy people have always done?

Mitt Romney has given huge amounts to charity regularly since he was a young man, including his entire inheritance when he came of age. That seems pretty decent to most people who are not just looking to distort his record for political gain.

• Like 1

Mitt Romney has given huge amounts to charity regularly since he was a young man, including his entire inheritance when he came of age. That seems pretty decent to most people who are not just looking to distort his record for political gain.

So ordering a thousand pieces of pizza for a garden party, then allowing others present to eat ten slices whilst keeping 990 whilst people look on in hunger is OK?

http://factcheck.org...l-of-mediscare/

Neurath,

So the non-partisan fact-check analysis is "baloney" and your warped, far left rant is the Gospel Truth. It is time to cut down on the Kool-aid.

.....whilst your suggestion that because I am anonymous my views are invalid (ad hominem fallacy), and your opinion that I am far left wing is grounded in fact? (funny the other day someone called me a Nazi, ah well lipflap is easy).... yet my opinion, generally backed up with reasoning, is "warped"? Perhaps you think the left are more likely to rise in America if widespread unrest occurs? I happen not to, the right is far more cohesive especially with the Christian evangelical backing they're getting. They are the danger if things don't get sorted financially and get ugly IMO

Cheeryble

.....whilst your suggestion that because I am anonymous my views are invalid

Actually, I am suggesting that because you are anonymous, you might not be being completely honest about giving 100 million dollars away to strangers instead of leaving it to your own family. whistling.gif .

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

So ordering a thousand pieces of pizza for a garden party, then allowing others present to eat ten slices whilst keeping 990 whilst people look on in hunger is OK?

Can you provide a link to the garden party? cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

What is "gross baloney" is all this gnashing of teeth on Romney's "wealth", details of his charitable contributions, and how many years of tax returns he has made public. I have not seen any reports that the IRS has ever charged him with tax evasion or any other income tax related charges. I don't give a flying <deleted> on a rolling donut whether his tax rate payment was 14.3%, 18.23%, or 19.56238%! I want someone as Chief Executive Officer of the United States that has had management experience and can move the country toward fixing our budget and economic problems.

What is undeniable fact is that Obama does not have the management ability and never had the management experience to be the Chief Executive of the United States. He has proven that through three and a half years of failure. Three and a half years and the unemployment rate is still above eight percent. The only abilities that he has demonstrated any excellence in is smooth talking and the ability to blame pretty much everybody else on the planet for his failures. His record demonstrates to any thinking person that it is time for him to be fired.

I couldn't agree more.clap2.gif

Edited by chuckd

I suppose some consider the Mormon Church a charity. To the best of my knowledge, the Church of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints does not have the same approach to non denominational care and charity as do Christian or Jewish or Sikh or Non Affiliated religious groups. Mormon charities are directed at serving Mormon interests, whereas the US Christian/Jewish charities, particularly healthcare related are non sectarian and non denominational. The issue is important as it demonstrates the mentality of his core belief that the Mormon Church must come first.

• Like 1

What is "gross baloney" is all this gnashing of teeth on Romney's "wealth", details of his charitable contributions, and how many years of tax returns he has made public. I have not seen any reports that the IRS has ever charged him with tax evasion or any other income tax related charges. I don't give a flying <deleted> on a rolling donut whether his tax rate payment was 14.3%, 18.23%, or 19.56238%! I want someone as Chief Executive Officer of the United States that has had management experience and can move the country toward fixing our budget and economic problems.

What is undeniable fact is that Obama does not have the management ability and never had the management experience to be the Chief Executive of the United States. He has proven that through three and a half years of failure. Three and a half years and the unemployment rate is still above eight percent. The only abilities that he has demonstrated any excellence in is smooth talking and the ability to blame pretty much everybody else on the planet for his failures. His record demonstrates to any thinking person that it is time for him to be fired.

The USA is not a business enterprise. It has more in common with a large charity. Unlike a business enterprise that can terminate unproductive or undesirable employees, the US government has to care for such people. The people on social security or receiving medicare, or pensions are not productive, and no business would devote over 1/2 its budget to paying for such people. However, that's what the US government must do. A business doesn't have to pelease everyone or take into account divergent views in the market. However, a government must do just that.

• Like 1

Yeah...sure.

Given luck like that I would live in shame if I didn't devote my life to distributing hat wealth where it was best used.

It's honorable that you would devote your life to distributing that wealth where it was best used. But why wouldn't you just give it to the government and let them wisely distribute it?

Apparently, Ryan is a liar. coffee1.gif

I don't think his speech will help with any Romney convention bounce.

It's now up to Romney to try to do that.

So I was in the cheap seats, not on carpet, when Ryan plowed through one of the more impressive strings of whoppers we've seen at this level. Ryan's been doling out chunks of this speech for weeks, which made the fibs sound even stranger.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/the_breakfast_table/features/2012/_2012_republican_national_convention/paul_ryan_s_speech_included_an_incredible_string_of_false_or_misleading_statements_.html

Oh my. Ryan got caught lying in his big speech. And its a Fox news contributor that calls him out

Sorry boys. Sally Kohn is a far-left kook who became famous for marching with the Occupy Wall Street anarchists. Her opinion about any conservative is about as trustworthy as Anthony Weiner - who also appears regularly on Fox to promote the liberal point of view.

On top of that, most of the spin in the Slate hit piece has been discredited by non-partisan fact-checkers. They report that the democrat campaign has been spinning the exact same issues. If someone is "lying" there is pretty good chance that it is not Paul Ryan.

Carry on with the dishonest smear campaign against Romney/Ryan, but, thankfully, it is not working with voters as they are ahead. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

Oh my. Ryan got caught lying in his big speech. And its a Fox news contributor that calls him out

Sally Kohn is a far-left kook who became famous for marching with the Occupy Wall Street anarchists. Her opinion about any conservative is about as trustworthy as Anthony Weiner who also appears regularly on Fox to promote the liberal point of view. If someone is "lying" there is pretty good chance that it is not Paul Ryan. cheesy.gif

No. There are verifiable facts pointed to in the article. It is so tired and repetitive to merely attack the source.

It's simple - whoever pays decides who gets to eat it. Just a wild guess here, but when you buy a round, do you buy it for the people you are with, or do you ring the bell every time and buy drinks for everyone within earshot?

btw - If I came into $100 million I would do much of what you say, helping others. BUT, I'm a minimalist and that would be MY personal choice. Whatever anyone else decides to do with money they inherit/win/earn is up to them and no one else - certainly not the government. I can disagree if in my opinion they waste it, but it is still theirs to do with what they will.

Sally Kohn is a far-left kook who became famous for marching with the Occupy Wall Street anarchists. Her opinion about any conservative is about as trustworthy as Anthony Weiner who also appears regularly on Fox to promote the liberal point of view. If someone is "lying" there is pretty good chance that it is not Paul Ryan. cheesy.gif

No. There are verifiable facts pointed to in the article. It is so tired and repetitive to merely attack the source.

Oh, the irony. Do you even realize the source you're talking about is Fox News?