Govt Willing To Wait On Constitution And Unity Bills, Thaksin Says

Lite Beer

Govt willing to wait on Constitution and unity bills, Thaksin says

The Nation on Sunday

BANGKOK: -- Fugitive ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra has told Isra News Agency that his younger sister's government would not rush to enact the charter-amendment or national-reconciliation bills.

Thaksin also said the Yingluck government has been doing a good job over the past year, adding that Yingluck is expected to do well during the upcoming censure in Parliament.

"Just keep the third reading of the Constitution amendment [as it is] until we can think of the best way to create peace in the country and bring about full democracy. Sometimes we want a full democracy right away, but we can't have it. We have to accept just part of it first and let it grow until it’s full," Thaksin said.

The website www.isranews.org of Isra News Agency published an interview with the fugitive former premier conducted during his trip to visit businessmen in San Francisco on Thursday.

"About the reconciliation bill, should we withdraw it? Why should we? We'll just leave it like that, so they [the Opposition] keep an eye on it day and night. If they lose concentration, we vote - so they have to be diligent. They don’t have much work to do, do they? In short, there will be no withdrawal. But as for whether we will push for it; we'll take it easy. We are not in a hurry," Thaksin told the news agency's "special" reporter.

When asked if he wanted to go home, he said "I miss home, but I’m used to it today. I bought a plane for two years but flew it only about 1,000 hours. I spend a lot of my time on the plane. Later this year I might drop by Myanmar, near Chiang Rai, so I can 'U Kam Muang' [speak Northern dialect] around there," Thaksin said, laughing.

He said Yingluck was considering a Cabinet reshuffle, adding that this is normal. He said some of the 111 former Thai Rak Thai Party executives would be given ministerial posts, but he declined to say who or when.

Thaksin said he is not worried about the government's work, but suggested the government should invest more and promote new markets for agricultural products, especially in Asia.

On the problem of high consumer-goods prices, Thaksin said it was seasonal for some products. However, the government should eradicate the problems caused by price speculation and monopolies, he said.

"As for the fighting of the red shirts, I think so far, what they are doing nowadays [has been] good. They should keep getting together and stick to democratic ideology and justice. The truth will come finally. Actually, it has come out, but a few people just don’t understand. Some people understand but don’t want to lose face, so they cannot accept the truth. They might need time to study and adjust their minds," Thaksin said.

Thaksin said he believed Thailand is heading towards democracy and would not retreat. As long as the people remain as politically alert as they are now, staging a military coup would need huge courage, he said.

On the problem of violence in the South, he rejected criticism that the government had failed to tackle the problem at its root, saying the situation would improve with time.

"Listen, about the restive South, we have to understand that Ramadan [the Islamic holy month] is a period when the situation is especially severe. If we compare the period each year, we will see this year’s is not more severe than in past years. But it has been peaceful this year, and began to get severe in Ramadan. That’s why the fasting period is a violent period. Ramadan will end soon, then the situation would return to normal," Thaksin said.

He said the flood problems last year were the result of human error. The previous government did not pay attention to the flood problem, while permanent government officials mistakenly expected drought, he said. However, the current government now had the benefit of experience, so if the rains are as heavy as last year's, the problem should be less severe, Thaksin said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-08-12

Che Guevera was an agitator in the same ilk as Thaksin.

LIke Thaksin Che Guevara's public face was benevolent, however in private Che Guevera was a dangerous megalomaniac who couldn't and wouldn't accept any rule other than his own, Thaksin is a mirror image

How many countries did Che Guevara visit n his attempts to stir up civil disorder ?,

Even Castro sidelined Che Guevara due to his political aims and stance.

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 1

Thaksin said he was not worried about the government's work, but suggested the government should invest more and promote new markets for agricultural products, especially in Asia.

Translation :- "Get rid of the rice-stockpile, before it embarrasses me, when yet another of my headline-policies blows up ! Remember the dried-fruit policy-disaster ? !" rolleyes.gif

But what can he expect from a semi-democratic proxy-government, where "Thaksin Thinks, Pheu Thai Acts", but he hasn't a clue what to do, to sort out the mess ? wink.png

To avoid misunderstanding, the current government should wait to receive written confirmation of their orders.

He said Yingluck (he) was considering a Cabinet reshuffle, adding that this is normal. He said some of the 111 former Thai Rak Thai Party executives would be given ministerial posts, but he declined to say who or when.
  • Like 2

"Just keep the third reading of the Constitution amendment [as it is] until we can think of the best way to create peace in the country and bring about full democracy. Sometimes we want a full democracy right away, but we can't have it. We have to accept just part of it first and let it grow until it's full," Thaksin said.

'we think'? Apart from me thinking it to be "Thaksin thinks, Pheu Thai acts", since when is Dr. Pol. Lieutenant-Colonel Thaksin S. involved in the current government and Thai parliamentary proceedings?

Strangely enough, I thought Thailand had been under various democratic-governments since January-2008, including the self-proclaimed Thaksin-proxy governments of the late PM-Samak, PM-Somchai (Thaksin's then brother-in-law) and PM-Yingluck (his sister), as well as the Democrat-led coalition-government of PM-Abhisit.

But now we are informed that these were only part-democracies, and that Thailand is still only heading towards full democracy, in his own expert opinion. But why didn't he say this, when his proxy-governments were in-power, or give the orders for his proxy-PMs to correct the situation ?

Could it be that his idea, of what constitutes democracy, differs from the rest of the world ? Surely not ! wink.png

Thaksin's idea of democracy is "one party politics" with, no prizes for guessing who, as the one and only head of the party. rolleyes.gif Edited by RogueExpat
  • Like 2

"Just keep the third reading of the Constitution amendment [as it is] until we can think of the best way to create peace in the country and bring about full democracy. Sometimes we want a full democracy right away, but we can't have it. We have to accept just part of it first and let it grow until it's full," Thaksin said.

'we think'? Apart from me thinking it to be "Thaksin thinks, Pheu Thai acts", since when is Dr. Pol. Lieutenant-Colonel Thaksin S. involved in the current government and Thai parliamentary proceedings?

Since he chose his sister, Yingluck, over his brother, Payup, for Prime Minister.

Edited by Buchholz

Strangely enough, I thought Thailand had been under various democratic-governments since January-2008, including the self-proclaimed Thaksin-proxy governments of the late PM-Samak, PM-Somchai (Thaksin's then brother-in-law) and PM-Yingluck (his sister), as well as the Democrat-led coalition-government of PM-Abhisit.

But now we are informed that these were only part-democracies, and that Thailand is still only heading towards full democracy, in his own expert opinion. But why didn't he say this, when his proxy-governments were in-power, or give the orders for his proxy-PMs to correct the situation ?

Could it be that his idea, of what constitutes democracy, differs from the rest of the world ? Surely not ! wink.png

To be honest unlike Thaksin. His idea of democracy is him being a dictator.

When I say being honest unlike him all one has to do is look at the article where he says

"The previous government did not pay attention to the flood problem" The floods did not become a problem until the PT was in power and the rains started coming down unusually hard and they opened the gates to the dam. It had nothing to do with the Democrats. The fellow responsible for opening them even admitted it.

Thaksin not being the sharpest knife in the drawer thinks because he is in San Fransisco he can lie and get away with it.

But I will give him credit for a little bit of honesty he did say

"As for the fighting of the red shirts, I think so far, what they are doing nowadays [has been] good"

He did not try to say trying to burn Bangkok down and invading hospitals was good he said nowadays. That is a debatable point so I will give him credit for it. Even though I don't believe it

Over all I don't reallly think he wanted this posted in Thailand where people know who and what he really is.

Yet again the renegade bail jumper who has claimed many times he has washed his hands of politics is proving beyond any shred of doubt that he is nothing more than a,''Born again Liar.

Even more amazing is that the comments were made whilst the renegade bail jumper was in America, The usual clap trap about the Southern problems and an attempt to smooth the ground over the deaths of many innocent Muslims due to the actions of the military during Thaksins regime

Reading the O.P. one can see that the comments were inded made by a egomaniac who cannot nor ever will face up to reality, indeed the comments are indicative of a vindictive power mad despot.

Thaksin must have gone to the same school as Mugwabe , Idi Amin, MaoTseTung, Pol Pot Joe Stallin and Che Guevera to name but a few.

One is led to wonder why the Americans let him in in the first place, perchance the Americans are trying to seek Thaksins assistance in arranging a rematch in a second round of (un) civil warfare in S.E. Asia ?

Well I would not include Che with the other megalomaniacs,and depots, regards Worgeordie

+1

• Like 1

LIke Thaksin Che Guevara's public face was benevolent, however in private Che Guevera was a dangerous megalomaniac who couldn't and wouldn't accept any rule other than his own, Thaksin is a mirror image

How many countries did Che Guevara visit n his attempts to stir up civil disorder ?,

All true but Che did not live long enough to keep stirring the pot. The rest on the list did such massive damage and rather than do the decent thing and die kept on doing it.

A lot of 'we' from someone who's not in the country, let alone part of the Government. Some people might assume that he is actually instrumental in defining Goverment policies and priorities.

Lots of 'ticks' in the success 'boxes'. The Bangkok floods were not a good point, so it's a good thing 'we' can blame it on (the one) previous Government and Government officials

What is this 'full Democracy' 'we' are seeking? Is it a Democratic right to Govern with no check-mechanism or constraints. I'm sure 'we' don't mean that, but what do 'we' mean?

Like other posters, I believe 'we' are looking for a democratically elected dictatorship. If so, is that a Democracy?

• Like 1

In Pol.Lt.Col.,Dr.,Thaksin Shinawatra's case, he may be using "WE" in the following context.

Actually, more arrogance than dignity.

:The majestic plural (pluralis maiestatis/majestatis in Latin, literally, "the plural of majesty," maiestatis being in the genitive case), is the use of a plural pronoun to refer to a single person holding a high office, such as a monarch, bishop, or pope. It is also called the royal pronoun, the royal "we" or the Victorian "we". The more general word for the use of we to refer to oneself is nosism, from the Latin nos.[1] It is most commonly used to denote the excellence, power, and dignity of the person that speaks or writes.

(Wikipedia)

• Like 1

Yet again the renegade bail jumper who has claimed many times he has washed his hands of politics is proving beyond any shred of doubt that he is nothing more than a,''Born again Liar.

Even more amazing is that the comments were made whilst the renegade bail jumper was in America, The usual clap trap about the Southern problems and an attempt to smooth the ground over the deaths of many innocent Muslims due to the actions of the military during Thaksins regime

Reading the O.P. one can see that the comments were inded made by a egomaniac who cannot nor ever will face up to reality, indeed the comments are indicative of a vindictive power mad despot.

Thaksin must have gone to the same school as Mugwabe , Idi Amin, MaoTseTung, Pol Pot Joe Stallin and Che Guevera to name but a few.

One is led to wonder why the Americans let him in in the first place, perchance the Americans are trying to seek Thaksins assistance in arranging a rematch in a second round of (un) civil warfare in S.E. Asia ?

Dear Siampolee, Please take Che off your list of despots,he never lined his pockets,ate anyone,committed genocide,I think Hitler is biggest of them all and you did not include him,Che was a gentleman compared the the others you quote. and he was one of my heroes in the 60s regards Worgeordie

His idea about it is him a leader for lifetime. Like the German Democratic Republic or Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

He is not alone with his ideas about Democracy :-)

Just asking, but was that satatement made in the USA? If so the Americans are allowing him to engage in political activity, or they don't give a toss.

Thaksin was engaging in political activity the moment he arrived in the USA. as he is a political animal or better still a political junkie always looking for the next fix of publicity.

He is obsessed with staying in the spotlight, failure to do this relegates him to the inside pages of the newspaper. There is no bigger fan of Thaksin than the guy he talks to in the mirror every morning.

• Like 1

With 'we' waiting for the opportunity for Charter change it may be worth quoting from 'Inside Thailand Review, 2009'. This particular section is a very brief summary of the intentions of the 2007 Constitution. Ignoring obsessions re its 'parentage', it is clear that at least part of it's intention was to provide a foundation to move Thailand forward. Using the 1997 Constitution as its source, it sought to strengthen perceived weaknesses.

"The nation’s 18th constitution was promulgated on 24 August 2007. It sought to build on the strengths of the 1997 Constitution, while addressing its many weaknesses. For the first time, the Constitution guaranteed the direct applicability of constitutional rights. Its intention is to make it more difficult for anyone to monopolize power and abuse the public trust. In this way, the Constitution safeguards the interests of the Thai people, who accepted it by a majority vote in a national referendum on Sunday, 19 August 2007. The referendum, the first of its kind in Thai history, went smoothly in all parts of the country."

Possibly the Constitution 'we' are seeking, is not driven by a desire to benefit the country and people of Thailand.

• Like 1

+1

What amazes me is that all of his Red Shirt supporters who also read and see what he is saying don't... can't...?? see through him...? I don't mean the ones he pays off cause money of course is blinding.... I am talking about the thousands of others that are there, ready to rallye and demonstrate on his behalf ... please don't tell me they are ignorant as even the poorest of poorest in Thailand have TV's and watch the news and all of this is seen / heard by at least 90% of them ... I just can't figure them out ... Are they sooo naive ??? Even my Maeban thinks he is God even though she sees parading around England , Dubai whatever spending a fortune on Louis Vitton bags for his daughter and what not... the lavish parties ... even the sale of his mansion recently ... and yet ... Nope he is still God ... Jeeeezzz what os wrong with these people ??