India Funds Three-Nation Road

Lite Beer

So is this the ' western ' part of the road that China want to build to link them with India ? I can remember a few months ago China said the road linking them with India had already been started, and the section through Laos was well under way or are these two seperate ventures ?

The UN and ADB sponsored Asian Highway Project still shows the route from Myanmar running through Bangladesh. Perhaps India is going to upgrade the route through Assam itself to avoid the political difficulties of going through Bangladesh.

Partial map below. Click to enlarge. Full Asian Highway network map here as a zoomable pdf

post-18801-0-66836900-1344781093_thumb.p

Edited by whimsy

And on which side of the road should we drive?

Aussie, India, Thailand and UK all drive on the correct side of the road !! clap2.gif

How did Thailand get in to that screw up?

They weren't one of the countries England raped.giggle.gif

I see them trying to correct it daily. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

And on which side of the road should we drive?

Aussie, India, Thailand and UK all drive on the correct side of the road !! clap2.gif

How did Thailand get in to that screw up?

They weren't one of the countries England raped.giggle.gif

If you are right handed it make much more sense to have the driver on the right-hand side.

The most dexterous hand is on the wheel while the least is for gear shifting and hand break.

The strongest most flexible arm/ hand is used to open the most commonly used door - the drivers.

In an emergency the brake is nearest (not furthest) from the passenger

I believe there is a story that a right-hand drive Rolls Royce was given to the monarchy a long time ago, prompting the use of that type of vehicle ever since.

Edited by Chopperboy