Urgent! Blood Needed For Two English Professors!

Marcus86

Hello friends

Two english teachers from the Rangsit university is in urgent need for ORH negative blood.

1.Mr Ian Royle is now at Vibhavadee hospital (11th floor, bld.2, room 3111)

2.Mr. Allen F. Carpenter is now Klang hospital, Bangkok (8th floor)

Blood donation can be made at the Thai Red Cross Society Bangkok (8 - 16 ) and at Klang Hospital (4th floor), notify that the donation is for Mr. Allen Carpenter.

Thank you very much!

Remember that foreigners who were in Europe at the time of the Mad Cows disease time will be asked that question and maybe turned away.

How come two professors from the same Uni are in hospital at the same time, was it a car accident or something.

Hope people can donate, I cannot sorry, as was in the UK at the time of the disease and also A+.

Prospective donors should know that the donors are screened before they will take your blood.There is an age limitation.It would be prudent to phone the hospital ahead of leaving home to ensure you do't have a wasted journey and unnecessary long wait...It was a few years ago that a friend and I made a 40 km drive in the hope of giving blood for a young girl and were told we couldn't

Why are 2 Teachers from the same Uni in need of blood please?

Also wouldn't this post be better off in the Medical/Health form?

Edited by Gone

Why are 2 Teachers from the same Uni in need of blood please?

Also wouldn't this post be better off in the Medical/Health form?

could be a car accident....who knows?

Edited by mamypoko

I wish I could help, I'm O Neg but I'm all the way down in Chumphon, I don't have a car and getting any other form of transport would be near impossible at the moment.

You can take a plane, I think many member are happy to share the cost. Right?

Hey guys, thank you for all replying. Well, I'm Thai who used to be their student. And I've got this news from my another teacher, so I just would like to help by spread this out...Anyway,The symptoms are about lung and another one is stomach, so they need blood for the operation.

btw, recently the first one is okey now. and Mr. Allen F. Carpenter is now Klang hospital, Bangkok (8th floor), waiting blood for operation...

Anyway thank you again :)

I'm 0- and it is fairly uncommon, especially in Asia, unfortunately I'm of a certain age, 65, and would be turned away.

I have the same problem, it would appear blood passes it's "use by" date as soon as you get to that age. I am O Rh Neg and classed as a universal donor. I had a close friend last year that was in ICU and nearly died because of blood availability. I just stood there useless, not being able to donate blood.

I wish I could help, I'm O Neg but I'm all the way down in Chumphon, I don't have a car and getting any other form of transport would be near impossible at the moment.

There is an airport here, but no commercial carriers fly here, not enough business to make it economically viable.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

There is an airport here, but no commercial carriers fly here, not enough business to make it economically viable.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

TomTao, only your thinking to help I am already appreciated.smile.png