Live Music In Phayao

ChiangMaiTiger

Hi all,

I see there are a couple of Phayao residents on here and I'd like to ask about the live music scene there.

I'm going there next week and would like to spend a couple of nights out and about the Lake and surrounds and listen to some western music. I went last year and there was a pub/restaurant on the lake (forget the name) that had a good Thai band playing some Eagles, Hendrix etc.

Would the Lake strip be the only place to find live music?

Thanks

Now when you say Western music...are you differentiating from Thai music or are you referring to Country and Western music. While I am still looking for that Jimi Hendrix sings Hank Williams album...the Eagles have sat on that fence since their conception. But back to live music in Phayao....there probably is a lot more to seek out along the lake strip. Having said that, there are a few on the main Highway skirting town. Country Roads is sort of opposite the Phayao Ram Hospital and there is another live venue on the left side heading south before you get to the Ram. It is just after one of those royal flyovers with all the pictures of Kings. It is before you get to the Cockpit store, I think. If you pass Lotus, you have gone too far. I hope you find what you are looking for. A good friend of mine and an excellent guitar player I might add, plays in one of the copy bands down on the end of the strip, facing the exercise park (south end of lake). I don't know the name of it, but it is around the corner from D-day. Enjoy.....pg

Hey thanks for the replies.

Staying with the cheese and kisses family in Dokhamtai RS.

By western music I did mean Blues, Rock like Keith Richards, Stevie Ray Vaughn etc PG, not the Hank Williams or Slim Dusty type.

It may have been your friend I saw before as I come down from that end.

Anyway Its a nice walk up and down the lakeside at night, I'll see what's on and thanks again, I'll have a look along the Chiang Rai Rd.