Chiang Mai News - A Bit Weird Or My Computer?

cmsally

Maybe it had a picture that Muslims deem wrong. After all Indonesia is the largest Muslim population in the world. And they defiantly have different ideas about how women should dress.

I'd agree about them being defiant. very much so.

Thank you for your concern, yes, we have been hacked recently. Most annoying. I am told we have to rehaul the entire site, but simply don't have the man hours at this point, so I am going to do my best to do something short term, but we will have to start now on redoing everything and it may take a few months. Please bear with us. Thank you.

• Like 1

I know, it is most confusing. We bought the domain name www.chiangmainews.com in 1998 when our magazine was called teh Chiang Mai Newsletter. By the time we had changed our name to Citylife in 2002, the domain was getting so much traffic, we just did two mirror sites with the same content, adding www.chaingmaicitylife.com. Then we started our news service this year which is www.chiangmaicitynews.com! So in actual fact cmnews is the citylife site and cmcitynews is the news site. The site that is hacked is teh CMnews (Citylife) site. OK, I have a headache now! Sorry.

I have just found out that we are going to have to rewrite our entire web site as we have been and will continue to be attacked. So please forgive us if our site is erratic for the next couple of months as we fix all problems. Sigh.

what cms are you using?

I have just found out that we are going to have to rewrite our entire web site as we have been and will continue to be attacked. So please forgive us if our site is erratic for the next couple of months as we fix all problems. Sigh.

Oh dear.......may be someone doesn't like you or your sites

I know, it is most confusing. We bought the domain name www.chiangmainews.com in 1998 when our magazine was called teh Chiang Mai Newsletter. By the time we had changed our name to Citylife in 2002, the domain was getting so much traffic, we just did two mirror sites with the same content, adding www.chaingmaicitylife.com. Then we started our news service this year which is www.chiangmaicitynews.com! So in actual fact cmnews is the citylife site and cmcitynews is the news site. The site that is hacked is teh CMnews (Citylife) site. OK, I have a headache now! Sorry.

I've been out of the game for a while now, but isn't it possible to forward any incoming requests to the other url?

Thank you all for your ideas, we are indeed moving it elsewhere but I am told that with tens of thousands of pages, many of which have been attacked, it will take a complete system rehaul to fix the problem permanantly. the site will still be up - and hopefully not too often down - but will be imperfect until we fix it all. Thanks! PIm