Norwegian Man, Thai Woman Killed In Chon Buri Road Accident

webfact

I still say that a 16 year old is a child. IT is easy to make an assumption on what has been wriiten in the news and a lot harder to make the assumption that two strangers one 52 and one 16 were just out for a bike ride at 4:30am. It is well known and there have been that many news articles of men going to Thailand just to search out young girls and exploit them. There is absolutely no reason for an older man to be in any intimate relation with a child

I don't know about the guy in question, although I have my suspicions seeing how it ended, but there are actually teenage girls in steady relationships with much older men who are kept out of the bars because they are in that relationship (and no, a relationship with a younger man is more often than not out of the question for reasons I don't want to touch upon). There's no reason to paint the situation pink here. Life for upcountry teenage girls in Pattaya is mostly hell, and they are exploited by almost anyone they meet, motorbike taxi drivers, "boyfriends", employers... you name it. A very large portion of them end up pregnant only months after they arrive in Pattaya, which makes them return to the village to give birth, and only then, when they return to Pattaya, they start working in foreigner bars.

We can always pretend that Pattaya is Prettyville, New Jersey, but it isn't and will probably never be. If any of those sitting high on their white horses on this forum can come up with a better solution for these girls than having some kind of relationship with them, please come up with some suggestions.

You stated

(There's no reason to paint the situation pink here. Life for upcountry teenage girls in Pattaya is mostly hell, and they are exploited by almost anyone they meet, motorbike taxi drivers, "boyfriends", employers... you name it. A very large portion of them end up pregnant only months after they arrive in Pattaya, which makes them return to the village to give birth,)

So why add another problem to these teenagers with old and older farrangs exploiting them? The ones as you have quoted as "sitting high on their white horses" are the ones that do not have relationships with these girls! They are opposing this type of thing

Having a relationship with an older farang is not necessarily adding to their problems. And your solution is?

A child having a relationship with an old man can never be good for them, Mentally, life skill development, Intillectually,knowledge necessary for effective decision making, communication, negotiation, peer resistance, etc etc. And if a child 16 falls pregnant then it is a child mothering another child and a farrang with a passport does not have to hang around to support that child! So like i say, Why add to the problem?, I dont have a solution other than education and to put my point of veiw across to those who support old men having relations with children!..... And your solution is ??

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading through this thread, it is easy to see who came to Thailand to live out sick fanticies and defend their actions with children and who are the decent people. coffee1.gif

So true. If old people with a gut full of this drunk.gif , that look like this crazy.gif with a personality like this licklips.gif started doing bit more of this jerk.gif instead of chasing young girls still doing this passifier.gif then we wouldn't be having this discussion. bah.gif . Wake up and get yourselves a nice 30 or 40 year old lady. Sick puppies you are.

Edited by coma

A child having a relationship with an old man can never be good for them, Mentally, life skill development, Intillectually,knowledge necessary for effective decision making, communication, negotiation, peer resistance, etc etc. And if a child 16 falls pregnant then it is a child mothering another child and a farrang with a passport does not have to hang around to support that child! So like i say, Why add to the problem?, I dont have a solution other than education and to put my point of veiw across to those who support old men having relations with children!..... And your solution is ??

My solution is: Support the girl, teach her things she needs to know (most of them don't have a clue about anything whatsoever), prepare her for life, stay away from sex if she doesn't want, keep her away from the bars. Be as much a parent as a lover if needed.

Problem is: If she doesn't sleep in your bed or at least in your home, you have no idea where she ends up or where the money goes. It can't be repeated too often: Most of these girls don't have a clue about anything, and what they learn, they learn on the streets of Pattaya. That will only teach them one thing: How to become a greedier hooker. After a few years in Pattaya, most of the girls are destroyed by too much alcohol, too many parties, too many broken relationships and sometimes too much drugs. It doesn't take long.

My solution is: Support the girl, teach her things she needs to know (most of them don't have a clue about anything whatsoever), prepare her for life, stay away from sex if she doesn't want, keep her away from the bars. Be as much a parent as a lover if needed.

Problem is: If she doesn't sleep in your bed or at least in your home, you have no idea where she ends up or where the money goes. It can't be repeated too often: Most of these girls don't have a clue about anything, and what they learn, they learn on the streets of Pattaya. That will only teach them one thing: How to become a greedier hooker. After a few years in Pattaya, most of the girls are destroyed by too much alcohol, too many parties, too many broken relationships and sometimes too much drugs. It doesn't take long.

And in the case of this OP. The foriegner has failed to do all of the above. He killed a minor in his " care " through his drunken stupidity.

• Like 2

And in the case of this OP. The foriegner has failed to do all of the above. He killed a minor in his " care " through his drunken stupidity.

What he did can't be excused, but that had nothing to do with his or her age. People do idiotic things at all ages. If they had been in bed, they would both probably have been alive now.

• Like 1

What he did can't be excused, but that had nothing to do with his or her age. People do idiotic things at all ages. If they had been in bed, they would both probably have been alive now.

If he got caught driving under the influence in his home country with a minor in the car. What would happen to him?

I don't think he put a gun to her head and forced her onto the motorbike, she could have seen that he was drunk and walked away. What's your problem with farang @coma?

And that is the same in many western countries. If the old farrang did care about a child of 16 then he would support her by giving her an aducation and knowledge about a life with a future away from the pit falls you described in Pattaya, Not sleeping with them and yes they should be acting like a parent not a lover. I find it very hard to understand how some posters on this thread can support any reason for an old man having any sort of intimate relationship with a child that is generations younger than himself.

If he got caught driving under the influence in his home country with a minor in the car. What would happen to him?

Where I come from, having a 16 year old girl in the car is not an offense. Why should it be? Do you have sex with everybody who are passengers in your car? I've been stopped by the police in this country with the car full of girls, many of them under 18. Never had a problem with that, except one policeman who insisted on going with us to wherever we were headed. Just envious cheesy.gif

Edited by zakk9

And that is the same in many western countries. If the old farrang did care about a child of 16 then he would support her by giving her an aducation and knowledge about a life with a future away from the pit falls you described in Pattaya, Not sleeping with them and yes they should be acting like a parent not a lover. I find it very hard to understand how some posters on this thread can support any reason for an old man having any sort of intimate relationship with a child that is generations younger than himself.

This is not a western country, this is Thailand. Thai women's attitude to sex is vastly different to that of western women. One thing is important though; it should be their initiative. That is showing them respect.

Where I come from, having a 16 year old girl in the car is not an offense. Why should it be? Do you have sex with everybody who are passengers in your car? I've been stopped by the police in this country with the car full of girls, many of them under 18. Never had a problem with that, except one policeman who insisted on going with us to wherever we were headed. Just envious cheesy.gif

I was talking about having a minor in the car whilst you are driving drunk. Do you have any idea ???

• Like 1

This is not a western country, this is Thailand. Thai women's attitude to sex is vastly different to that of western women. One thing is important though; it should be their initiative. That is showing them respect.

Yes Thai womens attitude to sex is vastly different ! they generally are not as promiscuous as women as here in Australia for example, just the few areas like pattaya, Chang Mai, Phuket for examples. My remark about western countries was to state that the problem about poverty and lack of education and exploitation is not just restricted to Thailand

Edited by ozziebloke

If he hadn't died, they'd have caught him anyway for pedophilia for taking a barely 16-year-old girl from the bar! It's a lose-lose situation either way.

By the way, I wish reports wouldn't keep referring to Pattaya as "Chonburi". Chonburi is 60 km away from Pattaya. Tambon Naklua is in the north of Pattaya, right next to the centre of downtown Pattaya. Not even close to Chonburi!

Pattaya is in Chonburi province.

Interesting if not broad statement. Are all Thai women's attitude to sex the same then? And for that matter all Western women? Do all western countries have the same attitude to sex? Are you an expert on the sexuality of women from different cultures?

I don't think he put a gun to her head and forced her onto the motorbike, she could have seen that he was drunk and walked away. What's your problem with farang @coma?

No problem with Farang. I am not racist. I just don't like dirty old men taking advantage of young children when they are not fully developed both physically and mentally. I think they fit into the catagory of sexual predators in most western societys including Norway.

Come on now, who was taking advantage of who? I'm looking at the facts and just trying to avoid the one sided argument of it being some young innocent 16 year old being preyed on by a dirty old man. I've been in these Pattaya bars and quite honestly I was shocked by the antics of these bar girls. As both these people are dead there is no evidence either way as to who was leading who on or whether he knew she was 16.

Interesting if not broad statement. Are all Thai women's attitude to sex the same then? And for that matter all Western women? Do all western countries have the same attitude to sex? Are you an expert on the sexuality of women from different cultures?

No, I'm not an expert on sexuality, but I find the social "codes" of Thailand interesting. Let's just say that, after passing a certain threshold, Thai women seem to be more pragmatic about it (just as they are very pragmatic about most of their body functions, as long as it's not smelly sad.png ).

Come on now, who was taking advantage of who? I'm looking at the facts and just trying to avoid the one sided argument of it being some young innocent 16 year old being preyed on by a dirty old man. I've been in these Pattaya bars and quite honestly I was shocked by the antics of these bar girls. As both these people are dead there is no evidence either way as to who was leading who on or whether he knew she was 16.

I havn't read anywhere where it states she was a bar girl ?

Edited by ozziebloke

Yes Thai womens attitude to sex is vastly different ! they generally are not as promiscuous as women as here in Australia for example, just the few areas like pattaya, Chang Mai, Phuket for examples. My remark about western countries was to state that the problem about poverty and lack of education and exploitation is not just restricted to Thailand

No, they are not promiscuous as such, but as mentioned above, can be very pragmatic about it. They have a family to support, and those who have to will mostly do whatever is needed. It's not seen as an enjoyable business, particularly not these days with an environment that is much tougher than it used to be, but everybody knows and it's hardly ever mentioned in the families. I believe the reaction would be somewhat different in a western family, even one with a problematic economy.

This is nothing new and didn't suddenly appear with the birth of Pattaya. It must also be remembered that, as late as a generation ago, it was the rule rather than the exception that women in rural Thailand had their first child and married during their mid teens. When Thai authorities today claim that teenage marriages are a result of Facebook or whatever, it's simply <deleted>. There was much more of it just a few decades ago.

The tragic part of it is that Thailand should have had the resources to get out of this situation, but unfortunately, the money is going elsewhere.

I havn't read anywhere where it states she was a bar girl ?

I haven't either, and she can just as well have been a waitress or something. The accident is a tragedy whatever way one sees it, particularly for her family, and that at lest, is totally unrelated to the age question. I think I'll leave it at that and go for some dinner instead.

• Like 1

No, they are not promiscuous as such, but as mentioned above, can be very pragmatic about it. They have a family to support, and those who have to will mostly do whatever is needed. It's not seen as an enjoyable business, particularly not these days with an environment that is much tougher than it used to be, but everybody knows and it's hardly ever mentioned in the families. I believe the reaction would be somewhat different in a western family, even one with a problematic economy.

This is nothing new and didn't suddenly appear with the birth of Pattaya. It must also be remembered that, as late as a generation ago, it was the rule rather than the exception that women in rural Thailand had their first child and married during their mid teens. When Thai authorities today claim that teenage marriages are a result of Facebook or whatever, it's simply <deleted>. There was much more of it just a few decades ago.

The tragic part of it is that Thailand should have had the resources to get out of this situation, but unfortunately, the money is going elsewhere.

I do understand what you are saying and agree about Thai women being pragmatic though my wife and all her family do not fit into that catagory you describe. All her family come from a small village up north near Ban Dung and the focus has been on education and careers these are not wealthy families. And the only way to advance in life is to work hard. My house is near Pattaya down south at Sattahip but i will admit that i have never been in any bar or the like in Pattaya so i cannot comment on life there. I can only comment on what i know and as i have said i cannot understand why anyone would justify an old man having intimate relations with a child generations younger

I do understand what you are saying and agree about Thai women being pragmatic though my wife and all her family do not fit into that catagory you describe. All her family come from a small village up north near Ban Dung and the focus has been on education and careers these are not wealthy families. And the only way to advance in life is to work hard. My house is near Pattaya down south at Sattahip but i will admit that i have never been in any bar or the like in Pattaya so i cannot comment on life there. I can only comment on what i know and as i have said i cannot understand why anyone would justify an old man having intimate relations with a child generations younger

Education is obviously one of the most important keys to this problem, but that has been a very low priority in major parts of Thailand for too long, and the problem is not isolated to Isaan, even if the number of people there makes the region the biggest problem. The second challenge, if Thailand really started educating all kids properly, is finding enough work that require qualifications. Thailand has mostly focused on getting large industrial corporations to invest here, probably because the numbers add up faster that way and it gives lots of work for unskilled labourers. Even the 300 baht per day that is supposed to be the new minimum wage is too little for a family with a couple of children. While the rural population could live on very little only 30-40 years ago, there's an enormous commercial pressure to buy all kinds of stuff (powdered milk and diapers easily amount to 2-3,000 baht per month per child, and young mothers think they have to buy all this stuff to make their kids intelligent, tall and modern).

So they work double shifts or go to Pattaya, or rather: she does. And when the younger sister sees the money flowing in from the work of the somewhat elder girls, she goes to Pattaya too. And so on...

Education is obviously one of the most important keys to this problem, but that has been a very low priority in major parts of Thailand for too long, and the problem is not isolated to Isaan, even if the number of people there makes the region the biggest problem. The second challenge, if Thailand really started educating all kids properly, is finding enough work that require qualifications. Thailand has mostly focused on getting large industrial corporations to invest here, probably because the numbers add up faster that way and it gives lots of work for unskilled labourers. Even the 300 baht per day that is supposed to be the new minimum wage is too little for a family with a couple of children. While the rural population could live on very little only 30-40 years ago, there's an enormous commercial pressure to buy all kinds of stuff (powdered milk and diapers easily amount to 2-3,000 baht per month per child, and young mothers think they have to buy all this stuff to make their kids intelligent, tall and modern).

So they work double shifts or go to Pattaya, or rather: she does. And when the younger sister sees the money flowing in from the work of the somewhat elder girls, she goes to Pattaya too. And so on...

Yes exactly Education is the only thing that can advance any society, not just in careers but in social attitudes and problems and i dont mean education only for the young but it starts there

I am not saying this statement is wrong however you seem to be directing the blame on poverty.

The blame is on the foreigner that sleeps with a 16 year old girl not the girl. If people didn't sleep with underage girls then there wouldn't be a market for these girls to work in.

The problem is people including some on here that think its okay to do so :(

My glass ball is not working as well as you guys is this morning. Why do you think he was having a sexual relationship. It maybe yet that it was his daughter. I have nothing at all to talk about with a 16 year old and its likely he did not either. The guy is dead not 24 hours and already hes a pervert and pedophile.

Whats next in the glass ball --he had just robbed a bank as well.

(Witnesses nearby said he was speeding and was drunk) so there are people standing on this 2 lane fly over 30 feet in the air with no pavement at 4 am that can spot a drunk on a motorcycle. This is a start of a highway to Bangkok -- it leaves the center of Sukumvit Rd and joins the highway to Bangkok,-- no one walks there.

Facts would make a more interesting conversation .

If I may make a slight addition to your post. Some of the armchair experts here had him fingered as an alcoholic pedophile loser farang just here to take everything from Thailand as a tourist, before the ice wagon reached the morgue. All of it, some of it, or none of it may be true, but anyone would think only one personae died. Not many gave a toss about the guy.

My glass ball is not working as well as you guys is this morning. Why do you think he was having a sexual relationship. It maybe yet that it was his daughter. I have nothing at all to talk about with a 16 year old and its likely he did not either. The guy is dead not 24 hours and already hes a pervert and pedophile.

(Witnesses nearby said he was speeding and was drunk) so there are people standing on this 2 lane fly over 30 feet in the air with no pavement at 4 am that can spot a drunk on a motorcycle. This is a start of a highway to Bangkok -- it leaves the center of Sukumvit Rd and joins the highway to Bangkok,-- no one walks there.

If I may make a slight addition to your post. Some of the armchair experts here had him fingered as an alcoholic pedophile loser farang just here to take everything from Thailand as a tourist, before the ice wagon reached the morgue. All of it, some of it, or none of it may be true, but anyone would think only one personae died. Not many gave a toss about the guy.

Good post. Some of the comments from the moralisers and judgmental members on this board have been disgraceful, seeing as they are completely ignorant of the facts.

Good post. Some of the comments from the moralisers and judgmental members on this board have been disgraceful, seeing as they are completely ignorant of the facts.

I'm not sure people don't care about the guy but it seems very clear based on the facts reported that he was the driver and he was responsible for the crash that resulted in not only his death but the death of a child. Had he survived and only the girl died, there is no question he would be charged criminally for her death. So, while it is sad that anyone loses their life, including those who take the life of others, it is a pretty normal practice to focus on the death of the person they are responsible for killing especially when a child.

But I really didn't need to explain this did I?

• Like 1