Ngv/Cng Vs. Lpg

The biggest difference between lpg and cng safetywise is that lpg is heavier then air, so if leaking it can stay concentrated on the ground and be an explosion risk, whereas cng is lighter then air so will quickly disperse into the air...

Because of this, both are equally dangerous in closed areas (hence usually not allowed in covered carparks), but in open air cng is safer...

But I honestly would not like to see a cng tank explode (pressure burst, not fire explosion, won't happen) on an accident, because at those pressures the tank/car parts getting catapulted away would be like bomb schrapnel!

That said, proper installed certified installationd are as safe as just running on petrol...

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

In addition to what VocalNeal and Monty said, The NGV tank is MUCH heavier than an LPG tank, yet doesn't hold as much fuel. This can be a problem for a small car whose suspension is not designed for so much weight in the trunk. Another consideration is that there are now LPG stations everywhere. NGV is much harder to find, especially once you're out of Bangkok, and often there are long lines.

Given all these considerations and a lot of research, we recently chose LPG for our new Vios.

Only problem with lpg is that the price might rise.

They indefinitely extended the subsidies on cng, but on lpg they are slowly reducing them.

I think tomorrow prices will go up 1%, very little but over the next year(s) it might start adding up.

Unsubsidized lpg normally costs 40 - 45 % of the price of regular 91 petrol, currently in Thailand it's less then 30 %.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App