Benzin Vs. Gasohol

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After trying options now (Caltex and Esso v-power 95), thus far, PTT Benzine 95 has been the best for my Versys. Oddly, I never use their diesel for my Pajero as it runs crap.

Try PT benzine

Not PTT

mataleo

One word from me about Gasohol vs. Benzene.

New informations from Germany say, even the EU-Organisation and the German government which did highly force the usage of E10 (that's gasohol in Europe) in every and each test they talked about an engine running with E10 will need more fuel then running with real benzene and also from technical point of view there is nothing to talk against that fact. The more usage the politics talked about was up to 5% and independent organisations came up with values going up to 15% more usage depending on speed and accelerating (running WOT).

Now at least the EU with Germany also realize that this was a big nonsense and so they want to bring this to an end, the plan is to stop this stupid E10 idea in the coming future.

To compare this gasohol-discussion it is like saying if you extend engine oil with oil for cooking then the engine would run great or to say the lubrication would be far more better because cooking oil is more liquid - the engines never have been designed to run any food product what alcohol at least is (yes you can use it for more but it was never ment to be burnt as fuel, even when some used it as that).

And to bring my example to the peak, if politics and governments would come up with this brain washing idea believe me for many people it would become a religion just like gasohol now is.

New engines are designed to work on gasohol.

Even manual in my kawasaki 2014 says so.. it can run on min 91 gasohol

Although i use benzine 95

mataleo

Wow - E85 1/2 the price of 95.

And you need nearly twice as much to cover the same distance.

There is no free lunch in energy business.

About 40-50% more, to be accurate. Even so, this represents a reasonable cost benefit, if that's your goal.

In terms of performance differential, there's no comparison.

Jerry

Wow - E85 1/2 the price of 95.

And you need nearly twice as much to cover the same distance.

There is no free lunch in energy business.

About 40-50% more, to be accurate. Even so, this represents a reasonable cost benefit, if that's your goal.

In terms of performance differential, there's no comparison.

Jerry

you might pay what you save from using E85 for servicing your engine though.

Assuming proper additives are there, wear and tear on enginge shuold be the same irrespective of type of fuel.

Assuming proper additives are there, wear and tear on enginge shuold be the same irrespective of type of fuel.

what about injectors?

Formula 1 cars use ~100% ethanol, no?

No wonder they get poor fuel economy.

No they use petrol with a minimum 5.75% biofuel

Surprising but true, despite the vast amounts of technical effort spent developing a Formula One car, the fuel it runs on is surprisingly close to the composition of ordinary, commercially available petrol.

http://www.formula1.com/inside_f1/understanding_the_sport/5288.html

http://www.formula1.com/inside_f1/rules_and_regulations/technical_regulations/8700/fia.html

19.4.4 A minimum of 5.75% (m/m) of the fuel must comprise bio-components.

what about injectors?

No problem.

But you need a flex-fuel engine to use E85 .

I've got a pic of Benzine 91 from a machine. I can't seem to attach a pic on the forum via iPhone but will attempt later at home. It's definitely sold as benzene 91. Whether it really is is another matter!

I've got a pic of Benzine 91 from a machine. I can't seem to attach a pic on the forum via iPhone but will attempt later at home. It's definitely sold as benzene 91. Whether it really is is another matter!

They simply did not bother updating the signing on the machine. That are scams anyway.

Right.

If you can put a sample in a bottle the specie can be ascertained by color, assuming it is pure:

Green(= 91E10) most likely.

Right.

If you can put a sample in a bottle the specie can be ascertained by color, assuming it is pure:

Green(= 91E10) most likely.

It's red....and it's a new machine....

Edited by roly

Went back to Gasohol 95 today after testing Benz 95 from PT

For me on my bike 2013 Ninja 250 with usual mods...(air/exhaust/EFI controller )as is now the Gasohol 95 E10/95 is fine if not better than

Benz 95

With the Benz I get no benefit power wise over the Gasohol but do get increased popping on deceleration

no matter which fuel map I use & I have quite a few to try.

So for me I will stick with the E10/95 Gasohol 95

With old/wrong labels. By law, benzine 91 is not sold anymore.

it's red.

Ooops I think folks meant color of actual fuel not the label on the machine as that varies from

station brand to brand ;)

With old/wrong labels. By law, benzine 91 is not sold anymore.

it's red.

Ooops I think folks meant color of actual fuel not the label on the machine as that varies from

station brand to brand wink.png

That's what I meant. The fuel is red.

• Like 1

In any case, there are at least 3 gas stations I know of locally that sell Benzene 91 and they'll tell you it's 91 benzene if you ask. Distinctly different pumps, labels and price than 91 gasohol. They are either selling it illegal or they're marketing it illegally as Benzene 91. Why would they do that openly if it's not 91 and if it's illegal?

Though I guess there's no prostitution in Thailand either as that's illegal by law right?

In any case, there are at least 3 gas stations I know of locally that sell Benzene 91 and they'll tell you it's 91 benzene if you ask. Distinctly different pumps, labels and price than 91 gasohol. They are either selling it illegal or they're marketing it illegally as Benzene 91. Why would they do that openly if it's not 91 and if it's illegal?

There are boards members from all over Thailand and you're the only one reporting it. So far you posted only a pic of an automatic pump.

A lot more information including inquiries to the refinery and the ministry involved would be needed to understand what is happening in your area.

In the meanwhile if you doubt about the status of benzine 91 in thailand you just have to google for these terms.

Went back to Gasohol 95 today after testing Benz 95 from PT

For me on my bike 2013 Ninja 250 with usual mods...(air/exhaust/EFI controller )as is now the Gasohol 95 E10/95 is fine if not better than

Benz 95

With the Benz I get no benefit power wise over the Gasohol but do get increased popping on deceleration

no matter which fuel map I use & I have quite a few to try.

So for me I will stick with the E10/95 Gasohol 95

Cool i got ninja 300se

Stock. Just changed air filter for better one..

U need give me some advices on upgrades...

I got akropovich exchust in mind next but its 20000. I was saving for it but spend it on ps4 ...

mataleo

• Like 1