Warrant From Unpaid Hotel Bill?

what i cant understand in these situations is,

you must of known you was running out of money,

so why didnt you go home before it all ran out??

simple, or is it me,

and as for the hotel asking for 5,000bht i think there right to do so, you just leave the room take the key and the aircon remote,(whats that about) and think they are only going to charge you 1 nite, your in a dream,

like they say many many people staying at hoels go out for days going on trips ect, so they kept your room open for you,

i dont see the problem there,

i used to do it regular in patts.80's always paid for 7days advance,once you can be trusted the hotels are fine,so whatever they want pay them and a bunch of flowers and apologise,and next time if you cant afford the lifestyle dont come here.was there any bar bills and i exspect you left some girl without paying her.people like you give farangs a bad name one reason we get ripped off,after 30yrs.i have seen plenty do what you have done a few weeks at the bkk.hilton will sort you out.first trip so make it the last.sorry i am being harsh but i have seen enough of blokes with their brains in their trousers.
  • Like 2

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You won't have problems for this time...

but this time trip was not so good and last time you left without paying your hotel ?

And you are now overstaying ?

Are you sure that you are not a serial trouble maker ?

Just my opinion...

Edited by Fgis

1. Pay what the hotel is asking - what they say may or may not be true, what is important is that they are satisfied that the matter is cleared up and that you have a receipt to clear the debt.

2. As regards the "watchlist" and the visa company, yes they are probably trying to scam you (it is NOT extortion - a completely different animal). Your mistake was to involve them and give them the opening in the first place - into which they duly jumped. My advice? Ignore them and have no further contact.

3. Keep a legal and low profile between now and when your flight leaves, prepare your overstay money and be upfront when you meet immigration at Swampy. Carry the receipt from the hotel but do not volunteer it! Only present it if the watchlist complication arises. I'd say the chances are better than 95% that you will sail through with no problem.

That is how it normally works, but you have waited 2 years. That might or might not make a difference. But normally charges are dropt if you come to an agreement with the hotel.

That sounds like that would be ok but the big issue is that he is on overstay,that could be a problem?

the american embassy should be able to give advice. try them.

Op,just man up! You are not doing this because it is the right thing to do but because you are worried you might be in trouble,go to the hotel yourself(but not alone) apologize and pay the bill.

Get it sorted and move on and hopefully another lesson learned.

Last thing, it's so clear that he won't have any problem for such a small debt 2 years ago that I don't understand why it's even worth talking about this...

Of course its not about doing the right thing, he is trying to save himself. If he knew there was no watch list the hotel would have lost the money.

Just curious.....no offense intended, but are you a hippie backpacker? How do you overstay for 2 years and not have enough to pay a 5,000 Baht hotel bill? What did you live on for those 2 years? Maybe the time to ask your family for money was back then when you owed the hotel 700 baht. Instead, you ditched out on a bill, and go on a forum to ask people how to not get arrested...as if your issue was ONLY that of being caught. You had two years to pay, and you didn't....now you are worried. Hmmmmm....no sympathy here pal.

just go to the hotel , and check in for one night ,

when they put your passport info, into the hotel computer,

you will then know , if you are a friend or foe .

The OP had it checked out and according to the OP he is on the list.

I contacted a company that deals with visa overstays and told them about this issue. I insisted that they do a warrant check for me to ensure that this will not be an issue. A few days later they called me back and told me that the warrant check came back with my name being on the "watchlist". He told me that it would cost me 100,000 baht to have the officier remove my name from the "watchlist".

Be careful!! My Norton Internet Security reports this as a Malicious Web Site (police.go.th) Ironic but not too surprising. whistling.gif

Norton is USUALLY correct so visit at your own risk.

VBF

Well in that case they will see what most of the TVF members are saying about this con man and give TVF a thumbs up.

what i cant understand in these situations is,

you must of known you was running out of money,

so why didnt you go home before it all ran out??

simple, or is it me,

and as for the hotel asking for 5,000bht i think there right to do so, you just leave the room take the key and the aircon remote,(whats that about) and think they are only going to charge you 1 nite, your in a dream,

like they say many many people staying at hoels go out for days going on trips ect, so they kept your room open for you,

i dont see the problem there,

since he left clothes etc in the room AND took the key with him AND had already been there for a month it would seem perfectly logical of the hotel to think he was coming back and hold the room....IF IF he had come back and they had removed his belongings and rented the room to someone else he may have been yelling and screaming at some poor desk clerk over that....

i find it very hard to believe that if he stayed on in thailand for ANOTHER TWO YEARS that over two years he could not come up with 700 baht to go back and do the right thing and pay the bill or at least attempt to settle it?

anyway...none of my biz and i wish OP luck in sorting it out but frankly i dont blame the hotel in any way shape or form for asking for 5000 baht...if he knew he did not have enough money to pay the last night after a months stay then perhaps he soulld have slept on the beach rather than just skip out on a bill.....what happened was not THEIR fault...they are not a charity....

I went home from Thailand in November 2011, had about 9 mounts overstay ( 3 time with long overstay ) lost passport and lots of unpaid bills all over pattaya, not hotels but some appartments and mostly bar bills. There where several bills over 10,000 baht, Some places where owned by thais some by farangs. At least 3 different places had a copy of my passport, 1 place had my swedish id-card...

I spent 1 day in IDC i Bangkok before goning home, I came there early in morrning and my flight left at late night...The entire day I was sitting there just wating for someone to come and tell me that I wouldent be going home because of warrents i Pattaya for all the trubbel I had make, But no one came, and finaly at 22,00 at night a officer came and told me its was my time to go to the airport...When the plan took off I praised the lord for letting me go home...IDC is a place that you can be lost in forever and its the last place that you want to be...

My prayers goes to all the guys that are there right now...

Maybe I was lucky? I dont know, but if there was a watchlist I think that I should have be on it!!?

You knew what you were doing when you didn't pay your hotel bill and by staying here illegally for 2 years and what the cost would be so why are you crying now?? You could have gone to your Embassy and asked for assistance in the beginning or had asked your sister then to help you if you were in trouble. If you can't do the Time don't do the Crime.

I went home from Thailand in November 2011, had about 9 mounts overstay ( 3 time with long overstay ) lost passport and lots of unpaid bills all over pattaya, not hotels but some appartments and mostly bar bills. There where several bills over 10,000 baht, Some places where owned by thais some by farangs. At least 3 different places had a copy of my passport, 1 place had my swedish id-card...

I spent 1 day in IDC i Bangkok before goning home, I came there early in morrning and my flight left at late night...The entire day I was sitting there just wating for someone to come and tell me that I wouldent be going home because of warrents i Pattaya for all the trubbel I had make, But no one came, and finaly at 22,00 at night a officer came and told me its was my time to go to the airport...When the plan took off I praised the lord for letting me go home...IDC is a place that you can be lost in forever and its the last place that you want to be...

Maybe I was lucky? I dont know, but if there was a watchlist I think that I should have be on it!!?

People like you should be blacklisted from Thailand.

• Like 1

Yep got to agree. The OP and this guy are exactly the type of farang we need fewer of in Thailand. For all the reasons identified by others I have little sympathy for people who should be nominated for the Darwin awards.
  • Like 2

Yep got to agree. The OP and this guy are exactly the type of farang we need fewer of in Thailand. For all the reasons identified by others I have little sympathy for people who should be nominated for the Darwin awards.

Yes, couldnt agree more . And he is even bragging about it..bah.gif