Early Retirement

i have read lots posts but i want to be sure that i have understand everything right,

i am 31 and my girlfriend is 34.

we are ready to come in thailand for first time this december.we are both greeks with E.U. passport.

we are going to take a 2+1 visa.before the 60 days we will extend it for 30 days and then we will go to another country to do that again.with this we can stay almost 9 months.

in this time we will explore thailand.first we will visit krabi,then trat and koh chang and then ciang mai.

then we will search to find a school where we will learn thais and we will take a E.D visa.

here i would like to ask if we have to study thais or we can study something else in english.if we have to learn thais there is no prob cause as i want to stay there we want to learn the language also.also i would like to know which places have these kind of schools except bkk,pattaya,koh samui or phucket.we prefer something not so busy.

after that we will see if we can take somehow a business visa till we go 50 and we will be able to take a retirement.

finally i would like to know if it needs to have an amount in our bank(its not a problem) and if it is easier if we are married or if it is the same.

thanks stathis

Edited by XxSMIL3xX

its 9 months with 2+1 plus 2-5 years E.D visa till we manage to get a business.

its not 20 years.its 3-5 years.

why are you surprised?i did manage to be ready for early retirement by thinking for after 3-4 years.

and thats what i am doing now.

there is no reason to come in thailand if i dont know what to do just for holidays.i dont care about holidays.

also to learn some places in krabis style isnt 20 years later.

Edited by XxSMIL3xX

Business requires to set up a Thai company, with Thai shareholders holding the majority of the shares.

Getting married makes it easier in the sense that 1 of you can be a dependent of the other. That means that for example only one of you has to find work.

its 9 months with 2+1 plus 2-5 years E.D visa till we manage to get a business.

its not 20 years.its 3-5 years.

why are you surprised?i did manage to be ready for early retirement by thinking for after 3-4 years.

and thats what i am doing now.

there is no reason to come in thailand if i dont know what to do just for holidays.i dont care about holidays.

also to learn some places in krabis style isnt 20 years later.

I think your term "early retirement" is maybe misleading? You certainly know that you can only get a retirement Visa once you reach 50y of age? That is why Mario2008 talked about 20y down the road...

And you certainly have informed yourself about what it means to work in Thailand, which jobs you are allowed (or rather NOT allowed) to do, what it means to get a work permit even if you have a Thai Limited Company set up for yourself (with Thai as majority shareholders)?

But if not... you better start getting all those information together, otherwise you might end up in 3-5y with all your education finished but being unable to stay in Thailand as you don't get a work permit...

i have read lots about owning a business in thailand.

i have understand that my company will have the 49%.

its ok that if i find something to invest some euros.i have think some things and i have read some others.

thank you for your response.