Bank Safe Deposit Box

vagabond48

I have a box at a Kasikorn branch and was paying 550B + VAT. When my wife went in this week to pay the annual fee, they told her that the box is now 1000B + VAT. I was just wondering if the pricing for this service is the same at all branches or do the branches set their own prices. It just seemed an usually high increase. They then told her that the payment now must be automatically withdrawn from my account which I don't like because of possible mistakes on their part.

If I lived in a house I would have gotten a small safe but I have only lived in rented apartments where a safe cannot easily be hidden or bolted down in case of a burglary.

The Kasikorn bank near the super highway has them. and has available ones in a selection of sizes.

I was first told this by my kasikorn (airport plaza) who even called to check they had some available.. First I go and ask, no not have.. I explain my bank just called and they told them they did have.. and they said "work permit" ?? No.. Oh cannot.. I went back to my kasikorn branch, who are holding a decent sized deposit of mine, and made it clear that I would be finding another bank (buddy has a bangkok bank safe deposit without work permit).. They got on the phone.. Ended up with having to make a reffered appointment, then go over there and have the airport plaza customer service rep on the phone to 'push it all through'.

Why they are so resistant to giving out boxes to regular customers with healthy deposits I have no idea.. They have a bunch of them and when they showed me the size selections and price levels there were loads untaken. Just one of those TiT things.

I am told bangkok bank on the hang dong rd also have boxes available.

I went to the K bank where I opened my account and one of the CS reps confirmed that there was increase in the annual fee so at least I am not be unofficially gauged. When I asked if she had any boxes available, she told me that from now on available boxes will only be rented if you have a substantial amount of money in a fixed account so she told me to hold on to my box at the other branch. Maybe that is why LivinLOS was having a hard time getting that safe deposit box without a referral.