Internet Banking... Bangkok Bank

Hello

Maybe it's just me, but I never through my 7 years here, been in need of this Internet banking ... When I suddenly had to use this for payment of hotel and air ticket to Singapore ... It has only given me headache with Bangkok Bank.

5 days used until now ... I have not got further in the matter beyond that prices now have risen 5,000. - Baht in the meantime.

Bangkok Bank do not know what they should do. I can take out 200,000. - Baht a day on my visa card issued by the same bank, but I can not pay a measly flight of the same.

Should I switch banks, or is it just totally impossible in Thailand to find a bank where you can use internet banking ..

For the record, I will just say that I do not have an account or else in my home country ... ONLY BANGKOK BANK ....

Would be grateful if anyone has better experience in this ... Especially when it is the only bank you have ...

Maybe I should change bank..

Have a nice day..

Sounds to me that you are tying to use a Debit card instead of a Credit card to secure your airline ticket and hotel rooms for your trip to Singapore via the Internet

But please re-read your post and clarify what you are trying to do that entails Internet Banking with Bangkok Bank

If it is an overseas transaction, you will need to get that set up by filling out forms in the bank.

At present, there is no standard overseas transaction facility on the I banking. I am not a big fan of Bangkok Bank, but have found the I banking pretty good in general. Their customer service however is appealing and in my local Koh. Chang branch they don't know their ass from their elbow.

BKK Bank is extremely poor for both service and customer relations – example, last month they could not manage to post out CC statements ! – sent SMS to me asking to pay last month but still no statement to date. Tried calling but the response was pathetic. Suggest use another bank – personally I have found Kasikorn to be ok

• Like 1

If it is an overseas transaction, you will need to get that set up by filling out forms in the bank.

At present, there is no standard overseas transaction facility on the I banking. I am not a big fan of Bangkok Bank, but have found the I banking pretty good in general. Their customer service however is appealing and in my local Koh. Chang branch they don't know their ass from their elbow.

I take it you mean appalling?.......smile.png (sorry)

I transfer money from offshore to Bangkok Bank monthly and pay my rent via funds transfer and never had a problem. Setting it up was a bit of a task, but it just took some patience and it was done.

Same with me. We pay quite a few bills online. Luckily, our branch is quite good. Never had any problems.

I applied for the Bualuang iBanking last april just before Songkran, filled in the form with all the required documents. The employe told me it could take a couple of weeks to receive the username and password. Last week I went to the same bank ( Banglamung Naklua) and another bank employe told my wife in Thai that on falang account can not have the ibanking. Amazing.

Can anyone recommend me a BB branch where staff are more helpfull and frienly in Nongprue or banglamung area..

Thanks.

It's not clear how the OP is trying to make the transfer, but under the "My Settings" section is a setting for "Maximum Transaction Amount". I believe the default for this is 50,000 Baht, but can easily be increased. (You just change the number and confirm by One Time Password.)

Hi Nakonsawan.

Don't understand why you are having so many problems with your bank.

I use Kasikorn Bank and have Internet Banking which I use very frequently to pay my bills (internet and TrueVisions) and also use it when I want to top up my credit on my phone. I have also booked and payed for 2 flights with no hassle. So maybe you should change banks.

I applied for the Bualuang iBanking last april just before Songkran, filled in the form with all the required documents. The employe told me it could take a couple of weeks to receive the username and password. Last week I went to the same bank ( Banglamung Naklua) and another bank employe told my wife in Thai that on falang account can not have the ibanking. Amazing.

Can anyone recommend me a BB branch where staff are more helpfull and frienly in Nongprue or banglamung area..

Thanks.

I've had great luck with the main branch on 2nd road, north of Klang about 500M or so. Can't miss it, large 2 story on the right.

I've also had great luck with the branch in Central Festival. Always have to sign many docs, but they've been easy to work with. The main branch is your best bet.

FYI. Tried to enter a 3rd party bank account with these guys today online and it failed miserably. I just wanted to setup the transfer from one of my BB accounts into another. I kept getting error messages. Called them...no luck after 20 minutes of waiting. Then tried to send an email and it failed! No "," allowed in the text of your email!!!!! 555555555555

I'm not impressed now....

FYI. Tried to enter a 3rd party bank account with these guys today online and it failed miserably. I just wanted to setup the transfer from one of my BB accounts into another. I kept getting error messages. Called them...no luck after 20 minutes of waiting. Then tried to send an email and it failed! No "," allowed in the text of your email!!!!! 555555555555

I just set up a transfer to my primary SCB account from my Bangkok Bank account using BB Internet banking and was able to receive my OTP (one time password) via my registered cell phone number here in the US so I don't understand why you are having so much trouble

Try this, picking one of your Bangkok Bank account (s)

post-10942-0-02824000-1345723563_thumb.p

Edited by Langsuan Man

I just set up a transfer to my primary SCB account from my Bangkok Bank account using BB Internet banking and was able to receive my OTP (one time password) via my registered cell phone number here in the US so I don't understand why you are having so much trouble

Try this, picking one of your Bangkok Bank account (s)

post-10942-0-02824000-1345723563_thumb.p

I tried 2 times. Got the OTP, entered it in along with the account number, and was told the number was wrong. I tried at least 5 times with the two OTP's I got. No luck. Maybe it was my browser???? I use Chrome and that does cause problems. I'll try IE tomorrow and report back!

I was at Bangkok Bank yesterday asking about this. They said I can not setup new transfers online. It must be done at the branch where I opened my account.

Go figure....

Another example of the Thai inability to just say I don't know

If you can't set up transfers online, then why is the option there ?

I was at Bangkok Bank yesterday asking about this. They said I can not setup new transfers online. It must be done at the branch where I opened my account.

Go figure....

Another example of the Thai inability to just say I don't know

If you can't set up transfers online, then why is the option there ?

Even Bualuang iBanking FAQ's show that there are two methods. #1. via Intenet banking AND #2 via the branch

1. Can I add a new 3rd party account or cancel a previously registered 3rd party account on Bualuang iBanking?
    Follow these instructions to add or cancel a 3rd party account on Bualuang iBanking:

1. To add a 3rd party account, go to the "Transfers" menu and click on the "Add 3rd Party Account" sub-menu. Enter a 3rd party account number and select the bank from the drop down list. After you have confirmed the information, a One Time Password (OTP) will be sent via SMS to your mobile phone number which you have pre-registered with Bualuang iBanking. Enter the One Time Password (OTP) in the box on the "Add 3rd Party Account-Verification" page and click confirm. You have now added a new 3rd party account. You can add up to 40 3rd party accounts on Bualuang iBanking.
      To cancel a 3rd party account, go to the "Transfers" menu, then click on the "3rd Party Account List" sub-menu and select the account to cancel.
    2. You can add or cancel a third party account at any Bangkok Bank branch. The addition / cancellation will be updated on your "3rd Party Account List".
      Please go to a branch to fill out an amendment form or print out a form here. You will need to sign the form at the branch in front of a bank employee who will take your application.

source: http://www.bangkokba...dTransfers.aspx

Nonsense.

Thanks.

New BB branch on North Pattaya Rd. in the little shopping strip on the other side of the soi from Fairtex going east.

Just did my first internet banking transfer with Bangkok Bank yesterday with no problem. I setup my account and requested Internet access about 4 weeks ago when I was in Thailand needing to show my passport and drivers license. It took about 3 weeks before I got emailed my username and password. The password is actually mailed by post but as I do not reside in Thailand I had this sent to the bank office and the bank officer emailed it to me. For the internet transfer you need your username and password and a code which the bank will sms at the moment of the transaction. They can only sms to a Thai phone number, so for this I also have a working around using the phone number of my friend in Thailand. My experiences with the Bangkok Bank staff has until now been extremely positive. Good luck!