Thai Government To Unveil "Stop Corruption" Ratification

webfact

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this come to be some day true all police workers must keep for example

STOP CORRUPTION badge, embroidery in uniform and use Stop Corruption printed t-shirt minimum 3 years and if some one officer demand or ask corrupt money is it possible get fired and punishment. But just in case this is not any joke?

What an absolute joke!!!

Why do the PTP still spill this crap? This country will never be considered more than a third world, when corruption starts at the very top.

Perhaps it is a joke as Yingluck laughs the last time the Stop Corruption mantra was tossed around..... 3 months ago (deja vu)

30182356-01_big.jpg

Yingluck launches anti-corruption campaign

Posted 2012-05-19

http://www.thaivisa....ption-campaign/

Meanwhile, we await her great efforts at rectifying, but one example:

Disaster Relief Plan Mired In Graft

http://www.thaivisa....d-in-graft-dsi/

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 2

If the government was serious about even starting tacking the corruption it should double or triple the salaries of government officials and servants, including the police officers FIRST
This old chestnut again. It's far too late. They would simply take the increased salary and keep topping up with their corrupt practices.

Then issue a "code of conduct" making it clear what practices are forbidden. Then enforce the regulation and start sacking if not jailing people acting in the old ways.
Issuing of a code of conduct I would have thought to have been a 'given' when first being accepted for the job to enforce their laws. 'And start sacking/jailing' [sic]. Well. They've had plenty of time to do that and it's never happened and never will.

My personal recommendation, for what it's worth, is for the government to do some field trips to see how other countries have successfully reduced, if not totally eliminated, their own corruption. But this will never happen either.

Edited by silsburyhill

Does this mean that 'yet another' to be implemented in the first year policy can be ticked-off? Just in time to include in the report being made up I guess. BTW note the rigorously enforce law to deal with corruption by government officers

1.3 Earnestly prevent and fight against corruption in the public sector by adhering to transparency and good governance which are universally accepted norms to ensure the effective use of resources for national development and true benefits to the nation; amend laws with a view to preventing and fighting against corruption; broaden the enforcement of legislation regarding prohibition of conflicts of interest to include persons who abuse power arising from their important and high positions without exception; rigorously enforce law to deal with corruption by government officers; strengthen morals, ethics and good governance of state personnel;and, foster consciousness and values of society which uphold integrity and justice.

Hmmm, the sister of the most corrupt man (no longer allowed) in the country, is spearheading legislation on corruption, after bungling the extradition of this same criminal.

I suppose this is why the smile of "Vorawit" looks so ironic !

wink.png

I have been in and out of the country so many times. Not once has any of the immigration officers ask me for money.

Thailand is completely clean since Mark control.

Still on the wacky baccy I see.

• Like 2

Nice... if it becomes more than just another slogan. Or maybe we have to look at it like my wife does when she says : Don't expect anything.

After all these years I still don't know what she exactly means with it.

Nice... if it becomes more than just another slogan. Or maybe we have to look at it like my wife does when she says : Don't expect anything.

Mentioned it to mine and she laughrd out loud.

Edited by Mosha
  • Like 1

By her reaction I'd think she understands what my wife exactly means. If you'd find out one day before I do, please don't hesitate sharing your knowledge with me...dry.png

By her reaction I'd think she understands what my wife exactly means. If you'd find out one day before I do, please don't hesitate sharing your knowledge with me...dry.png

Mines a southerner from Nakhon Sri Thammerat. They are despised down here, by the vast majority.

What an absolute joke!!!

Why do the PTP still spill this crap? This country will never be considered more than a third world, when corruption starts at the very top.

But isn't the New "Easy Bribe" card a proof of all this ....???blink.png

The Western "To Big To Fail Banks" and their crony elected officials in Western governments have corruption honed to a science. The corruption in Thailand is third-world child's play compared to what the Wall Street and London white shoe boys pull off.

UNfortunately this is not about Western banks, like Standard Chartered which just settled a money laundering probe in the States for a measly $340 million.

The topic is "Thai government to unveil 'stop corruption' ratification". Mind you I didn't know a government would need to 'ratify' implementation of local laws or even push for strictly following them ermm.gif

• Like 2

She will never spearhead anything.

This scheme will be another bag full of hot air like her previous anti corruption hot air.

All the beneficiaries are known to her

Beg to disagree. I feel very sure of my self when I say she will spearhead a drive to wipe it out sort of.

What she will really be doing is her brothers wishes. Make it like he had it have it all come through her office.

She will never spearhead anything.

This scheme will be another bag full of hot air like her previous anti corruption hot air.

All the beneficiaries are known to her

Beg to disagree. I feel very sure of my self when I say she will spearhead a drive to wipe it out sort of.

What she will really be doing is her brothers wishes. Make it like he had it have it all come through her office.

You mean is in "stop widespread, unmanageble corruption; concentrate it where it can be ..."

• Like 1

Why would anyone in their right mind implicate themselves in an anti graft case against themselves. It will never get off the ground. Unless you grease someones hand or maybe they could bribe themselves. The whole adminstration system will collapse in chaos!

If the government was serious about even starting tacking the corruption it should double or triple the salaries of government officials and servants, including the police officers FIRST
This old chestnut again. It's far too late. They would simply take the increased salary and keep topping up with their corrupt practices.

Then issue a "code of conduct" making it clear what practices are forbidden. Then enforce the regulation and start sacking if not jailing people acting in the old ways.
Issuing of a code of conduct I would have thought to have been a 'given' when first being accepted for the job to enforce their laws. 'And start sacking/jailing' [sic]. Well. They've had plenty of time to do that and it's never happened and never will.

My personal recommendation, for what it's worth, is for the government to do some field trips to see how other countries have successfully reduced, if not totally eliminated, their own corruption. But this will never happen either.

Did you you call me "old chestnut" or what?

Applying your own logic to what you "personally recommended" I could say that the government officials would gladly do "some field trips" to other countries to learn about their anti-corruption efforts, at the cost of tax payer of course, just to come back and still do the same as usually.

So, who is the old chestnut here?

<p>

The Western "To Big To Fail Banks" and their crony elected officials in Western governments have corruption honed to a science. The corruption in Thailand is third-world child's play compared to what the Wall Street and London white shoe boys pull off.

UNfortunately this is not about Western banks, like Standard Chartered which just settled a money laundering probe in the States for a measly $340 million.

The topic is "Thai government to unveil 'stop corruption' ratification". Mind you I didn't know a government would need to 'ratify' implementation of local laws or even push for strictly following them ermm.gif

What I find interesting is that in Thailand (and many third-world and emerging counties) the "corruption is pervasive throughout the social strata. We can see it in many forms: bribery at a traffic%

Edited by connda

<p>

What I find interesting is that in Thailand (and many third-world and emerging counties) the "corruption is pervasive throughout the social strata. We can see it in many forms: bribery at a traffic%

What I find interesting is that in Thailand (and many third-world and emerging counties) the "corruption is pervasive throughout the social strata. We can see it in many forms: bribery at a traffic stop, tea money at the Land Office to “expedite” paperwork, tuk tuk and jet ski scams, up through skimming government contracts and “compensating” rural villager to vote for a certain candidate.

In the Western world corruption has sort of “risen to the top”, like surface scum in a septic system. Pervasive corruption has been eradicated, only to be replace by a more insidious form: Corpocracy or classically defined Fascism (merger of corporation and government interests for the sole benefit to both). In Western cultures, there is an internal moral relativism where the vast majority of the population abide by a moral code, whereas their governments and corporation ride roughshod over anything that doesn’t produce a profit or monetary incentive (executive bonuses, campaign contributions…). Laws are passed to make morally questionable issues legal, e.g., restrict individual contributions to political candidates but enact laws to allow unlimited corporate donations via Political Actions Committees, or judicial entities enforce laws unequally, e.g., a “street hustler” goes to jail for conning a “mark in a game of three card monty, but “connected” individuals such as the “(less than) honorable” Jon Stevens Corzine can misappropriate (vaporize) 1.2 billion dollars of client funds and walk away without any judicial scrutiny.

Thailand simply has not “matured” enough to embrace that level of corruption that is endemic in Western countries. They will first have to rein in the lower level of society: the tuk tuk and jet ski scammers, the police officer, the land office official as they merge corporate and government interests into one and make those things that are illegal – well, legal for those in the upper echelon of Thai society. wink.png

They are not there yet, but if they study their Western counterparts, I’m sure that they are on their way…

Edited by connda
  • Like 1