Wireless Jammers

osmar

what's a wireless jammer?

ok, found out, but why would anyone want one?

i have one but i won't tell you why tongue.png

"Everyone had a jammer here." That's what the officer said at the station before he lead me into a small windowless room with four other men.

Edited by Morakot

I rather doubt they are legal here as you can't import or bring radio transmitters into Thailand.

Transmitters would fall under restricted goods, which can be imported with proper permit, and can then be sold.

I have seen wireless jammers in the US used in businesses where the owners do not want cell phone activity.

Edited by Shot

Please elaborate on your reasons for wanting one please.

In another thread on Thaivisa someone wanted one to keep his class of kids from using their phones during lessons.

Someone else used his to stop bank clerks, etc, chatting to friends instead of serving him at the counter!

In another thread on Thaivisa someone wanted one to keep his class of kids from using their phones during lessons.

Someone else used his to stop bank clerks, etc, chatting to friends instead of serving him at the counter!

both valid reasons!

I'd rather they make the call and get on with it, than keep trying to connect for the next 20mins. :(

Edited by Payboy

What an brilliant idea :) Now, where I can get a spray to clean my laptop display?

I never heard of wireless jammers but what a good idea. If you had a portable one that you could keep in your pocket you might be able to get some service when you needed it. I think productivity in my business would go way up if I had one of these.

both valid reasons!

Please kindly submit your application for ownership and usage of a jammer to TVF. We will review it and inform you about our decision in due course.

Edited by Morakot

I never heard of wireless jammers but what a good idea. If you had a portable one that you could keep in your pocket you might be able to get some service when you needed it. I think productivity in my business would go way up if I had one of these.

And as you move around with it in your pocket (across different jurisdictions) you might inadvertently secure yourself a prison sentence for inferring with telecommunication signals.

There are plenty for sale upstairs in Jungceylon - IT Island. Well, last time I was there, they were for sale. That was about 2 weeks ago. I have no idea what price they are asking. Let me know if you find out. If you get a ridiculous price thrown at you, try this place. They have the mini portable ones for $40AUD

http://www.mobilephonejammer.com.au/

In my home country, it is not illegal to possess one, but it is illegal to use one. Of course, what's the point of having one, if you never turn it on?

Here's an interesting article for you.

http://www.smh.com.a...0306-1uh5o.html

Cinemas may also be another handy application.

With the attitude of complete disregard the young generation are having for others these days, one of these may come in handy. smile.png

Just to clarify, I believe they only jam mobile phone signals, not WiFi signals coming from a modem, so, the heading of this post is a little misleading, as WiFi is also known as "wireless internet."

With many people now using Viber,Skype and similar, it would still be possible to make a telephone call and sms, using these programs, over "wireless internet" or Wifi - so, this little gadget may not always work in those circumstances.

Edited by NamKangMan

both valid reasons!

And in restaurants, bars, cinemas, at the beach... the list is endless.

I rather doubt they are legal here as you can't import or bring radio transmitters into Thailand.

Well, at least 94.2% of the international travelers bring radio transmitters in to Thailand as mobile phones.

I suppose there is restrictions for frequencies and output powers of these devices. But is there a law which restricts the jammers?

Well, at least 94.2% of the international travelers bring radio transmitters in to Thailand as mobile phones.

I suppose there is restrictions for frequencies and output powers of these devices. But is there a law which restricts the jammers?

I don't know if there is a specific law about jammers, but there are laws regulating radio transmitters. Cell phones are very low wattage and are on fixed international frequencies.

Typical specifications:

Product Description

Features

• Mobile phone signal jammer with complete spectrum interference and long jamming range of up to 8 meters. If you are sick of all those phones going off, then this is the anti-spy gadget you have been looking for. This jammer system comes with a built in rechargeable Li-ion battery for hours of signal jamming, and with the included car power adapter, recharge and use this in your car as well as the office. Incredibly easy to operate, just switch it on and it will immediately start blocking CDMA, GSM, DCS and 3G to keep your immediate surrounds annoyance free.
  • A revolutionary device available directs to you from jammerall at excellent wholesale prices. Order yours today!

Technical Specifications

• Main function: Shielding cell phone signal within security radius
  • Isolating Signal Bandwidth
    CDMA:850-894 MHz
    GSM: 925-960 MHz
    DCS:1805-1880 MHz
    PHS/CDMA1900: 1900-1930/1930-1980 MHz
    3G: 2110-2170 MHz
  • Coverage Area: 2-8m (Depending on the strength signal in given area)
  • Total output power:0.5W
  • Average Output Power: 10 dBm
  • Typical Battery Life: 120 minutes
  • Dimensions:
  • Antennas off (L*W*H): 95*45*18mm

Edited by Shot

I seemed to have found a wee bit more powerful one!

This is a high powered jammer that will work in any country worldwide including 3G. It will immobilize cell phones up to a distance of 80 metres when using the 18 watt model and up to 60 metres when using the 6 watt. They are stylish and come in a black anodized aluminum housing complete with dual voltage mains power supplies or can be powered via a cigarette lighter socket 5 amps.

Specifications

• Frequency Band 860 - 885 925 - 960 1800 - 1990 2100 - 2200MHz.
  • Effective range 6 watt up to 60 metres, 18 watt up to 80 metres
  • Input power 12v - 24v DC
  • Output signal strength 6 watts or 18 watts
  • Signal source synthesized
  • Operation temperature -10c to +70c
  • Humidity 5% to 80%
  • Size L 197 x W 186 x H 53 mm

both valid reasons!

And in restaurants, bars, cinemas, at the beach... the list is endless.

I believe in some airline's you can use mobile phones so could you use a jammer in this case i wonder.

I myself will try and aviod airlines who allow this, mobile phones are a great asset but you can see how this will work for some people on a 12hr flight it may mean i will have to drink more and start a fight.

I believe in some airline's you can use mobile phones so could you use a jammer in this case i wonder.

I myself will try and aviod airlines who allow this, mobile phones are a great asset but you can see how this will work for some people on a 12hr flight it may mean i will have to drink more and start a fight.

how do you get cell reception on a 12 hr flight, the thing will be at 30,000 feet over the middle of no where

how do you get cell reception on a 12 hr flight, the thing will be at 30,000 feet over the middle of no where

With femtocell micro basestation, which is linked to the ground via satellite.

6-8 years ago over Frankfurt (when SAS had free Wlan on planes) I tried to call with mobile voip to a friend in Singapore. I could hear the other party pretty well, but she could not hear well as there is so much ambient noise on the plane (possibly also bad uplink).

I was on a flight from London to NY a few years ago. We were somewhere over the middle of nowhere, when a young man in front of me fires up his cell phone. The steward immediately came over and told him not to use his cell phone, and that it would not work, because they were at 30,000 feet. The young man replied, “Its OK, I’m calling my mom and she is only 20 rows back in the plane”smile.png