Accessible/Abandoned Building Roofs? (Or Other Ideas For A Cool Date)

welovesundaysatspace

Saw a picture on Facebook a while ago of friends-of-friends going up to the roof of an abandoned condo building to have a picnic there. One of the most exceptional ideas for a cool dinner I saw, and something I'd prefer over going to State Tower or Long Table again and again.. I know there are other nice/cool/romantic places in Bangkok, but mostly it's a restaurant, or something you find in a guide book, whereas I am really more looking for something outstanding/exceptional/creative for a date.

Do you know such places?

• Like 2

Sorry to say I don't know. But I am floored by the idea!!! Very cool. With too much time in front of the computer, I often sit in the parking lot in a folding chair with an mp3 trying to get some sun. I've often wondered about a roof top. I'm across the river and have the a great view of DT Bangkok... plenty of empty constructions sites here and there.

If you do it, please keep us informed!

B-reg's!

Hi...About 3 years ago I sold my coffee shop in silom. It is called Coffee Society and on the roof has a great place for the evening BBQ or small party. It was so cool to be above

busy Silom road having a bbq with friends sipping some fine wine. It is on the sixth floor so your way above the noise from below.. If you contact the current owner, his name is David, he may allow you to have dinner up there as long as he does the catering. It is not State Tower or anything like that but could be what your looking for. I have attached a pic for you. Hope you have a great night and if it comes off please let me know. cheers. John

post-91790-0-15253300-1345118505_thumb.j

Edited by AliasJohn
  • Like 1

Google "Ghost Buildings Bangkok", there are a lot fewer than after the 1997 crash. Climbing to the top of one of these might prove quite challenging: think dogs, rats, squatters, trash, pooled water, all sorts of open pitfalls. Romantic? I guess it depends on your definition, and your partner?

... something I'd prefer over going to State Tower ...

The Lebua State Tower does have a ghost 'doppelganger', Charoen Krung 51. very bad ju-ju there.

Edited by lomatopo
  • Like 1

You to a thai girl: You want to go on a romantic date?

Girl: Where?

You to a thai girl: Its in an abandoned building, no one is there (so I can practically do whatever I want to you, and no one will hear), its dark, and maybe a little dirty, maybe some rats will be there. You, me, the rats, and some ghosts.

Girl: Oh sounds great...

• Like 1